I used to be a massive thief

SecularIslamist

SecularIslamist

Islamist jihadi and intersectional feminist
Used to steal videogames and DVDs years ago. I could only steal PC games when I was young because they would still be in the case. I used a pocketknife to open the seal and I'd steal the game + activation code. But it grew to stealing even sweets and food. When I was 14-16 I couldn't go into a shop without stealing even if I had the money. Why pay when you can steal? I got adrenaline rush and felt like a challenge.

I no longer do it. But even on the odd occasion when I'm scanning for stuff at self-checkout tills. I purposefully don't bother scanning a few items and just put it in my bag. I do this maybe 2-3 times a year. I stole a multi-pin plug adapter and a few Pot Noodles so far this year. It was more out of laziness. Sometimes I can't find the barcode so I just put the item in my pocket. It's their fault for making it so hard to scan tbh...

@Crisick @Kroker @Abhorrence

• +1
Reactions: Abhorrence and TechnoBoss
Machiavelli was correct. Being bad pays dividends. The morality of your actions don't determine your fate. He was a secular godless thinker condemned by the church. This is my favourite quote of his.

Only God and religion can prevent us being brutes. We are turning more Brutish day by day.

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Abhorrence, butterworld and TechnoBoss
Machiavelli was correct. Being bad pays dividends. The morality of your actions don't determine your fate. He was a secular godless thinker condemned by the church. This is my favourite quote of his.

View attachment 3001274

Only God and religion can prevent us being brutes. We are turning more British day by day.
I also like to read him. I don't agree 100% with what he says but mainly lots of the things he says are just common knowledge that everyone knows but no one says.

Im aware of realpolitik but at the same time i consider that they themselves (Machiavellians) don't know how to measure the limits and when they can and should surpass or not surpass them so they become the thing they hated the most which is a made up soy middle ground.

Like ikhwanis i believe that a lot of times they should have been way more direct and harsh like in Tunisia and Egypt, but instead they opted for this kind of realpolitik middle ground that ended up destroying them. In life a lot of times you have a chance to KO but you don't realize it or want to be more cautious and end up being defeated.

• +1
Reactions: SecularIslamist
I also like to read him. I don't agree 100% with what he says but mainly lots of the things he says are just common knowledge that everyone knows but no one says.

Im aware of realpolitik but at the same time i consider that they themselves (Machiavellians) don't know how to measure the limits and when they can and should surpass or not surpass them so they become the thing they hated the most which is a made up soy middle ground.

Like ikhwanis i believe that a lot of times they should have been way more direct and harsh like in Tunisia and Egypt, but instead they opted for this kind of realpolitik middle ground that ended up destroying them. In life a lot of times you have a chance to KO but you don't realize it or want to be more cautious and end up being defeated.
Lots of Islamic scholars I've heard also wrote 'mirrors for princes' literature. I think ghazali or ibn Khaldun. As usual their works never get translated so never read it.

It's a fine balance. Machiavellis work are just a description of common practices leaders do today. His most 'blasphemous' passages are seemingly justifying hypocrisy. Supposedly outwardly lovey dovey and being ruthless on the inside.

He does say it's ideal to be loved and feared but only god can be that or something like that. So he says it's better to be feared on balance, and present yourself as deceptive. I see this trait in many successful people IRL not just politics.

• +1
Reactions: MaghrebGator
machiavelli and the prince is cope just be rich chad that’s a summary of his life work

• JFL
Reactions: basedblackpiller and SecularIslamist