I wanna become a security guard

optimisticzoomer

optimisticzoomer

This is a volcel forum
I need to find a job soon, but don't want to do any work. I'm seriously considering getting a security license and looking for a job doing absolutely fuck all. For example, at my uni the halls security people (night shift) were a bunch of Somalis and literally had to do nothing. We often visited them for the memes and they were just sat rotting on the computer. I want something similar to this.

Unfortunately it costs like 400 quid or something for a course and license, and you're not even guaranteed a job without any experience. I would want my parents to pay for it, but they don't want me doing security as they think I should aspire for more (jfl). Anyway, if not I'll pay. Just hopefully I get a job out of it, and one where I can rot on .org throughout my shift

• +1
Reactions: High Cortisol Chad, Tabula Rasa, hybobu and 4 others
@<6PSLcel thoughts? U said u did a course and can't find a job

Is it over?

@<6PSLcel thoughts? U said u did a course and can't find a job

Is it over?
Yeah I did it a month ago, got all the paper work for it, been applying 2 weeks and nothing, feeling very demoralised

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship and optimisticzoomer
Yeah I did it a month ago, got all the paper work for it, been applying 2 weeks and nothing, feeling very demoralised
How much did it cost (course and license), and have u received ur license?

I'm thinking surely the competition must be lower than other jobs, as lots of places require security, but having to do a course automatically narrows down the pool of people actually able to apply

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship
I’m working security right now as we speak

Attachments

• IMG_0848.jpeg
    IMG_0848.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING, High Cortisol Chad and optimisticzoomer
  • +1

I'm thinking surely the competition must be lower than other jobs, as lots of places require security, but having to do a course automatically narrows down the pool of people actually able to apply
Bruh you overrate the difficulty to do a 100 dollar security course:feelsuhh::feelsuhh:
Plenty of people are thinking the same way as you

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
Wtf are u guarding?
Mirin, seems like the ultimate neetcel job
I’m guarding a construction site doing patrols every 30 mins. If you consider meeting being on the phone in the car with weird fucks walking by then sure

Bruh you overrate the difficulty to do a 100 dollar security course:feelsuhh::feelsuhh:
Plenty of people are thinking the same way as you
I mean compared to shit like warehouse jobs. And in JewK I think it's like 200 quid for a course and another 200 to get the license

• +1
I mean compared to shit like warehouse jobs. And in JewK I think it's like 200 quid for a course and another 200 to get the license
Doing a warehouse job is insanely low iq. If it’s really 400 I’d still do it anyway tbh. At least you can actually last somewhat and possibly not get overworked if you get the right location

• JFL
Doing a warehouse job is insanely low iq
It's one of the few jobs u can get without any work experience, and without having to interact with a load of people

• +1
i think its by far the best option since once u do get in after paying a couple hundred for some training u are paid to sit and do whatever the fuck u wish, might be hard to find a job but as if its not hard to find a job in most markets nowadays, have u ever heard a story where someone is unemployed and gets a job in 4 days in the past year?

• +1
  • +1

Course was 450 quid loisense was 184

And yeah I got all my paper work with 2 weeks

• +1
I need to find a job soon, but don't want to do any work. I'm seriously considering getting a security license and looking for a job doing absolutely fuck all. For example, at my uni the halls security people (night shift) were a bunch of Somalis and literally had to do nothing. We often visited them for the memes and they were just sat rotting on the computer. I want something similar to this.

Unfortunately it costs like 400 quid or something for a course and license, and you're not even guaranteed a job without any experience. I would want my parents to pay for it, but they don't want me doing security as they think I should aspire for more (jfl). Anyway, if not I'll pay. Just hopefully I get a job out of it, and one where I can rot on .org throughout my shift
Why don't you apply to police enforcement.

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer and 6PSLcel
I worked as a security guard, I didn't like it for the reason that I prefer to work and not to stand in one place all the time

• +1
Reactions: sub5outsider and optimisticzoomer
I worked as a security guard, I didn't like it for the reason that I prefer to work and not to stand in one place all the time
What do u do now instead?