I want to start getting up early

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
Going to bed before midnight makes sleep much more restful and it feels better to be up early and catch more daylight than to live at night and be unproductive. I used to be a night owl but after all the horror I experienced in the last couple of months, I grew to hate the dark.

Spending more time outside is a good mood- and health-booster too. Hopefully, spring won’t be long in coming. I’m sick of this horrendous winter. Sunlight and the birds’ twittering are the only things that give me hope to make it through these times and continue to survive, until I can finally leave this shithole for good.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Boxingfan, Atlas, Deleted member 11425 and 13 others
Me too, I will try waking up early tomorrow

• +1
Reactions: Stingray, RealSurgerymax, MarstonAlloy and 1 other person
Going to bed before midnight makes sleep much more restful and it feels better to be up early and catch more daylight than to live at night and be unproductive. I used to be a night owl but after all the horror I experienced in the last couple of months, I grew to hate the dark.

Spending more time outside is a good mood- and health-booster too. Hopefully, spring won’t be long in coming. I’m sick of this horrendous winter. Sunlight and the birds’ twittering are the only things that give me hope to make it through these times and continue to survive, until I can finally leave this shithole for good.
Very hard to and if you do it i commend your discipline. Whenever i get on a sleep schedule i fuck it up by being retarded or something material keeps me up

• +1
Reactions: PYT and Bewusst
Very hard to and if you do it i commend your discipline. Whenever i get on a sleep schedule i fuck it up by being retarded or something material keeps me up
Going to sleep early isn’t that hard actually and kind of comes naturally as I tend to get tired around 10 pm or when it gets dark outside anyway, sth I didn’t experience before. But actually keeping it up and getting out of bed when you wake up instead of falling asleep again is the hardest part imo. Eventually your sleep schedule is shifted forwards, you go to bed later and the vicious cycle starts again

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3573
The most important aspect of waking up early is having something to do after you get out of bed

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11425, Stingray, RecessedPrettyboy and 5 others
I wake up at 2-4am. Sometimes a bit later. The trick is just to go to sleep early. There's really nothing special at all about waking up early.

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
i go to bed at 5am someone help me please

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax and Bewusst
The most important aspect of waking up early is having something to do after you get out of bed
I have plenty of things to do, just need to actually do them though

• +1
Reactions: Stingray, RealSurgerymax and Danish_Retard
I wake up at 2-4am. Sometimes a bit later. The trick is just to go to sleep early. There's really nothing special at all about waking up early.
When do you get out of bed though?

Ok I can help with this. Just sleep at 11pm and turn off all your phone and electronics by 10pm, you should also meditate or read books during this time but absolutely no electronics.

Use Alarmy app to set an alarm for idk 5am or 7am ( 6 or 8hrs sleep ) and put the loudest alarm and there will be a misson thing and you should take a barcode of some item and keep that as the mission and keep it out of your bedroom or near to the bathroom if you can.

that's about it.

@Cigarette @Gunnersup

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7173 and Bewusst
When do you get out of bed though?
Depends. Sometime instantly, sometimes I browse this site, sometimes I check crypto/mail, sometimes I watch utubs, sometimes I go make food, sometimes I just lay in a bed and do absolutely nothing, sometimes I go for a walk.
There isn't anything inherently that I have to do, so it's what I feel like.
When I'll go back to work, I'll be going to... Work instead.

• +1
I think the most important part to waking up early is just not to be a pussy, you want to get shit done and be proactive, filled with energy and motivation, and not rotting in your bed when the alarm clock rings, mostly mindset thing

• +1
Reactions: Stingray
I have plenty of things to do, just need to actually do them though
How are your life foundations? Love, Purpose, and Health/Looks ? I found that its impossible to succeed without these foundations in place. I used to wake up at 4:30 to play fifa on the Ipad before school, then at 5:30 to train since I was in 8th grade. After these foundations started to weaken, I lost this year long habit.

I can give you some temporary fixes to help start the habit. but without the foundations in place its pointless.

1. Alarm clock away from the bed
2. Premade coffee which you immedietly drink after waking up
3. Wear warm clothes and avoid a super warm blanket. One of my only challenges waking up is how warm the bed is and how cold it is outside.

Other than that its 99% getting good sleep. 8hours of sleep is 8hours of sleep, waking up at 2am is the same as waking up at 10am if you had 8hours of sleep.

Good luck

• +1

sleep earlier & make sure you're active (both mentally and physically) throughout the day. There's very little else you need to do, as others have already pointed out.

Two things that help slightly (given that the above is fulfilled):

- sleep cycle app (not sure if placebo but I find it easier to wake up with this)
- cold water by bed to drink first thing in the morning

• +1
Reactions: Atem Rah and Bewusst

download and put it as your alarm

How are your life foundations? Love, Purpose, and Health/Looks ? I found that its impossible to succeed without these foundations in place. I used to wake up at 4:30 to play fifa on the Ipad before school, then at 5:30 to train since I was in 8th grade. After these foundations started to weaken, I lost this year long habit.

I can give you some temporary fixes to help start the habit. but without the foundations in place its pointless.

1. Alarm clock away from the bed
2. Premade coffee which you immedietly drink after waking up
3. Wear warm clothes and avoid a super warm blanket. One of my only challenges waking up is how warm the bed is and how cold it is outside.
View attachment 1029628

Other than that its 99% getting good sleep. 8hours of sleep is 8hours of sleep, waking up at 2am is the same as waking up at 10am if you had 8hours of sleep.

Good luck
Those are some decent strategies, especially no. 3, thanks.

As for the foundations:
Love - I love myself, that's gotta be enough
purpose - right now, mere survival and moving away asap
health - used to be excellent until I got neurotoxin poisoning but I seem to be very slowly recovering
looks - need lots of work but my health and survival are a priority rn and I'd need more money to fix them

• +1
Reactions: PYT
Waking up in the afternoon is a subhuman trait. I feel like a god when I wake at 6am.

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend and Bewusst
Going to sleep early isn’t that hard actually and kind of comes naturally as I tend to get tired around 10 pm or when it gets dark outside anyway, sth I didn’t experience before. But actually keeping it up and getting out of bed when you wake up instead of falling asleep again is the hardest part imo. Eventually your sleep schedule is shifted forwards, you go to bed later and the vicious cycle starts again

freshly ground coffee right when you wake up is key

I wake up early but then lay in bed for a good 1-2 hours partly awake. What's the best way to actually GET UP out of bed.

wide palate

• Hmm...
Fuck it, I'm waking up at 6 am tmrrw. It's time to stop coping and fix my shit.

• +1
Fuck it, I'm waking up at 6 am tmrrw. It's time to stop coping and fix my shit.
5:50 am here, took a shower and had a cigarette

• +1
Reactions: Mystery

Dn read or wake up

I usually get up early to go for a run while there´s no one outside.

• +1
i get up early to do my neck curls to start the day strong

• +1
Just sleep 8 hours a day theory

Got up at 5:45 am today, it was quite easy because I went to sleep around 9 pm

• +1
Got up at 5:45 am today, it was quite easy because I went to sleep around 9 pm
I've tried going to bed at 10 pm and still didn't fall asleep until 2 AM. Did you use any supplements?

• +1
I've tried going to bed at 10 pm and still didn't fall asleep until 2 AM. Did you use any supplements?
No, I think my circadian rhythm just fixed itself because, as I said, I get tired before midnight when it gets dark outside naturally now. Also, if you get up early you'll get tired sooner. Just go to bed when you do instead of staying up and distracting yourself with media. Being more active during the day, sunbathing and trimethylglycine before bed can also help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back