I was wrong about chewing

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
I used to have a wide jaw with big masseters (jaw as wide as zygos and wider than zygos when clenched).

I thought that I’d look more aesthetic with a more tapered/slimmer jaw so I got botox to reduce masseter size which was a big mistake.

My lower third is now narrower, but it also looks more softer overall. One positive is that I don’t look bloated anymore after eating, but it takes away from my masculinity.

I’ve now started chewing gum and hard foods again to regain my masseters, should be easy as my masseters have naturally always been big.

Bonus question: Does chewing produce bone gains?

fP3KKZ7.gif

I used to have a wide jaw with big masseters (jaw as wide as zygos and wider than zygos when clenched).

I thought that I’d look more aesthetic with a more tapered/slimmer jaw so I got botox to reduce masseter size which was a big mistake.

My lower third is now narrower, but it also looks more softer overall. One positive is that I don’t look bloated anymore after eating, but it takes away from my masculinity.

I’ve now started chewing gum and hard foods again to regain my masseters, should be easy as my masseters have naturally always been big.

Try leanmaxxing once you get that jaw back to the pre-botox position, and what is your opinion on the "width" of the jaw? Because a wider jaw is more masculine but aesthetically, shoudln't the jaw be "narrower" than the zygos? same issue here btw

I stopped chewing 2 days ago when my females told me I had asymmetry due to a swollen cheek.

• +1
Reactions: je3oe and Deleted member 3043

I hope you are low bodyfat or else you dun goofed hard

• +1
Reactions: je3oe
I hope you are low bodyfat or else you dun goofed hard
I’m cutting at the same time as my jaw growing, so hopefully they should meet in the middle.

• +1
Reactions: je3oe
I’m cutting at the same time as my jaw growing, so hopefully they should meet in the middle.

Your jaw might look way less aesthetic just because of a tiny layer of fat making it seem unappealing, but once low enough bodyfat it might reveal Chad jaw that harmonies really well with your face. Its such a massive difference its actually insane. That is if you have good bones, obviously. But you could be 15% bf but have 1+PSL laying on the table until you are 10%.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
don't chew before beeing at 10/100 bf

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5185
Your jaw might look way less aesthetic just because of a tiny layer of fat making it seem unappealing, but once low enough bodyfat it might reveal Chad jaw that harmonies really well with your face. Its such a massive difference its actually insane. That is if you have good bones, obviously. But you could be 15% bf but have 1+PSL laying on the table until you are 10%.
This is so true.

When I had the wide jaw, whenever my face was lean or had no water weight, I looked aesthetic as fuck, as if I was another person.

But with water weight and fat, my face looks overly bloated.
don't chew before beeing at 10/100 bf
Motivation to get shredded

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5185
mh9rZI0.gif

Well, well. Come crawling back, eh?

• JFL
Reactions: Kingkellz
Ive noticed that chewing a small piece of gum causes masseter bloating/swelling/water retention, and im not even sure people are getting much muscle growth from this. It barely puts any stress on the temporalis and zygo, i think this maybe somthing to do with the reduced range of motion using a small piece of gum. If you open your mouth as wide as possible, the temporalis will flare outwards over the zygo. So if chewing correctly, your temporalis and zygo should widen more than the masseter and mandible. The masseter will grow, but you wont get that bell shaped face look.

Open mouth chewing using a large piece of gum that engulfs the enitre one side of your mouth> small piece of gum

Bruxism luco Fig3 4

• +1
Reactions: draco and SayNoToRotting