I was wrong about FACIAL HAIR.. 3 reasons why it actually may be a LOOKSMIN (for most men)

GreekGenes

GreekGenes

Mediterraneanmaxxed Specimen
Alright, so hear me out. I've been a proponant of stubble (not beards!) not only based on my subjective views but also a bunch of studies that have shown light stubble to be the most attractive look on average.

But I've come to realise that not only is that notion flawed, stubble may even act as a looksmin on most men.

This comes down to three reasons:

1) Density
Your stubble, even with dermarolling + minoxidil, may still be too patchy and not create the uniform look that you want in order for it to actually DEFINE your jaw.

2) Graying
Facial hair tends to go gray earlier than head hair, so chances are that even in your 20s you will start having gray hair in your stubble. This ages you. Dyeing is not a solution because you'd need to dye it at least every week since you're trimming your stubble all the time to keep it neat. Chemical dyes are relatively unhealthy on top of that.

3) Incongruent with your "archetype"
Even if you have great density and no signs of graying, stubble may just not be a good match for the rest of your face. Many redditors grow stubble and even beards and yet they look like shit because it's INCONGRUENT with the rest of their looks.

At the end of the day, this leaves us with only a small percentage of men who actually may look better with stubble or a beard and who have to meet ALL THREE CRITERIA i mentioned above.

Just because stubble and beards have been a trend for 10 years doesn't mean they will make YOU look better.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: itsoverbudyboyos and Jonas2k7
Well groomed Goatee + mustache mogs everything

• +1
Reactions: Jonas2k7
If you don't look better clean shaven/very low stubble you aren't chad

• +1
Reactions: STUPIDREFEREES and AsGoodAsItGets
Even just stubble looks like shit if you are a youngcel like me

Extremely low class latino construction worker vibes

YHWACH MUSTACHE OR BUST