I Will Tell You When Personality Matters and It Doesn't

Lumbersexual

Lumbersexual

Platinum
This post was spurred by another thread discussing disdain for the NTmaxing idea. This is based on my 15 years of dating experience and doing social work for universities and colleges. There is very little research which looks at fleshing out personality traits and physical traits and how much each contributes to a relationship, short or long term.

Personality does not matter if you are the hottest a female feels she could ever do. If she cannot trade up, and she cannot trade laterally, you can treat her like garbage and she will always be loyal.

If you are attractive but a female thinks she could do better at some point, your personality can affect how long she will stick it out before she goes and finds something better but she will go after something better at some point.

This one is where personality actually matters. If she doesn't believe she can get someone more physically attractive than you BUT she could get someone equally as attractive, your personality needs to be on point because at this point this is the only thing differentiating you from the other 100 guys that she could have that look as good as you. This is where she needs to feel that no one can treat her, protect her, take care of her as well as you do. The balance of agreeableness and assertiveness needs to be perfectly balanced. She needs you to be the perfect balance of "tender defender." A term coined by evolutionary psychologist Geoffry Miller.

Now if you're unattractive and a female can easily do better than you physically, a great personality might help you luck out for a little bit but she will still move on quickly.

If you are quite ugly nothing can save you and personality doesn't matter once again.

Now when I talk about personality I'm not talking about some unmeasurable concept, I'm talking the big five: conscientiousness, agreeableness, extraversion, openness, neuroticism. These are all easily measurable and more accurate than Myers-Briggs.

• +1
Reactions: Time Travel, Deleted member 470, badromance and 6 others
high iq

• +1
Reactions: The Dude Abides

Bullshit ngl. 0 value

• +1
Reactions: Autist, SHARK, kobecel and 1 other person
I feel like you think you said something profound here, but you literally just used a lot of words to say "looks>personality"

high iq fuck these cucks

I feel like you think you said something profound here, but you literally just used a lot of words to say "looks>personality"
Nothing profound. And that is what I said but I also said personality matters in relation to how much better a female thinks she can do in comparison to your looks. Does personality matter, it depends, is what I said.
Bullshit ngl. 0 value
How so friend? Do you have significant experience that suggests what I said is incorrect? I'd like to hear it. I'm open to being wrong.

Nothing profound. And that is what I said but I also said personality matters in relation to how much better a female thinks she can do in comparison to your looks. Does personality matter, it depends, is what I said.

How so friend? Do you have significant experience that suggests what I said is incorrect? I'd like to hear it. I'm open to being wrong.
Well you don't provide any background or experience yourself, you just state your thoughts. so how it usually goes is that you'd provide your thoughts on why you think it is so, especially before you ask anyone to debunk your theory.

I did actually. I said based on the social work I do in universities and colleges and my life experience, because I also said the literature is scarce on research that delineates the two aspects. So I actually answered both of those.

I did actually. I said based on the social work I do in universities and colleges and my life experience, because I also said the literature is scarce on research that delineates the two aspects. So I actually answered both of those.

Well. everyone base their opinion on "their experiences". it doesn't really count for anything. Especially if you don't elaborate on it. And people are extremely influenced by their worldview, interests etc. it's notoriously bad data to use.

I'm sorry, I just got annoyed that someone who claims to have attended some sort of university, could say stuff like "there isn't much research on this area, but I will without any humility tell you exactly how it is". Regardless if you prefaced it with "based on my work".

If you don't find it useful my friend then don't use it. I find it useful, especially on here, for people to have some reference that personality can make a difference, especially in long term relationships. I can find lot's of research that agreeableness has a positive correlation to relationship duration and also lots of research that being attractive over rides many aspects of desired personality traits, but I am yet to find much in the way that compares looks and personality to outcomes together as a whole but also their relationship to the other. That's all. I'm not trying to impose some divine wisdom or be a know it all. If I'm wrong then I am wrong and am open to being corrected, but I base my life around it.

If you don't find it useful my friend then don't use it. I find it useful, especially on here, for people to have some reference that personality can make a difference, especially in long term relationships. I can find lot's of research that agreeableness has a positive correlation to relationship duration and also lots of research that being attractive over rides many aspects of desired personality traits, but I am yet to find much in the way that compares looks and personality to outcomes together as a whole but also their relationship to the other. That's all. I'm not trying to impose some divine wisdom or be a know it all. If I'm wrong then I am wrong and am open to being corrected, but I base my life around it.

All well and good. I just hope you got my point, my friend

I understand where you're coming from and I would be skeptical if I was on the other side too. I should have prefaced it with something more humble, but I hope maybe it helps some people be a little bit better people is all.

• +1
Reactions: normcore
I understand where you're coming from and I would be skeptical if I was on the other side too. I should have prefaced it with something more humble, but I hope maybe it helps some people be a little bit better people is all.

And I'm not saying you are wrong at all about your thoughts. it sounds pretty believable to me tbh. Now I just expect you'll be conducting some massive research in the future. Would be interesting

i lack NTness and i should have no inhibitions as a male

fuck my life

high iq tbh ngl

Personality = zero. Just be gl.

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel
High IQ
but honestly I'd rather get replaced my by girl than give her too much clout.

Caring about other peoples opinions or taking advice from someone that is not you is bluepilled bullshit.

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel and Autist