I wish I was from a developed nation.

copingtoohardrn

copingtoohardrn

6ft Lightskin
Every day, I carry the weight of being born as an Indian, I struggle to discuss concepts like freedom and anti-oppression. In mumbai, these topics are nearly taboo, their relevance dismissed as if we were still in the 1970s. It’s heartbreaking to witness my family perpetuate outdated beliefs, to hear them talk about the caste system as if time has stood still. I often feel like a stranger in my own country, convinced that my life—and my potential—would be entirely different if I lived elsewhere.

The fear of being forced into an arranged marriage looms over me like a shadow. The thought of my family discovering my relationship with the man I love fills me with dread. The love of my life is tinged with fear. Even admitting to feeling sad or depressed carries its own burden, knowing that any vulnerability will be met with shame and judgment.

All of this—these limitations and fears—are my reality simply because I was born Indian. My poo coloured skin feels like a barrier that restricts my life and my potential. I often dream of how different my life would be if I were born in a different place, with different privileges. The freedom to be myself, to shape my own identity, is a concept that feels out of reach.

But for now, I must live with these constraints, for this is the life I know.

Do any of yall feel this way?

• JFL
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1, Jonnyboi, maarda and 4 others
pajeet nigger

• JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: Bars, Autismcel and copingtoohardrn
I understand your thread, not very much actually, but I understand the intent. Bump
I'm going to read some replies on reddit

• JFL
Reactions: copingtoohardrn