I wonder how many people with ADHD or similar problems have sleep apnea.

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
Found out through a pulse oximeter that I get very shit oxygen levels at night and it spikes up and down. It's the equivalent of drinking every night you just are getting maybe half the quality of normal 8 hours of sleep.

People think you gotta be fat or old to get it but sleep apnea is common today and little kids can develop it if they have allergies and mouth breathe. My pulse oximeter test said I have the same quality as a person who drank 12 beers so its possible this is what has caused my adhd if I have had it my whole life.

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator, Donkeyballs, MentalistKebab and 4 others
autists have sleep apnea at twice the normal rate, adhd overlaps with it so they're likely similar.

• +1
Reactions: Agendum, AutisticBeaner and Deleted member 11126
Pretty much everyone has ADHD if they are sleep deprived. Most of the main symptoms are the same as shitty sleep. Caffeine and other stims are great at masking exhaustion just like a pain killer is great at masking pain.

But you still need to fix the issue if your leg is broken pain killers will not fix your leg

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator and badamj
i think i have read something about people with sleep apnea are more prone to also have ADHD compared to the people who dont have sleep apnea. (wikipedia probably)

i have read extensively about the diseases caused by sleep apnea. mouth breathing really fucks you up in life.

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator, Donkeyballs and Deleted member 11126
autists have sleep apnea at twice the normal rate, adhd overlaps with it so they're likely similar.
Yeah its sort of retarded to think this is all a result of genes. I also think ADHD is such a general disorder it can be applied to many different problems. This is my biggest gripe with the DSM-5 or modern pharma/psychiatry.

Are you really going to tell me that Nikola Tesla and Chris Chan suffer from the same condition?

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator
i think i have read something about people with sleep apnea are more prone to also have ADHD compared to the people who dont have sleep apnea. (wikipedia probably)

i have read extensively about the diseases caused by sleep apnea. mouth breathing really fucks you up in life.
Well yeah of course it would. Low attention span constant brain fog low impulse control. If you sleep deprive a normal person they would have these traits too.

ADHD like symptoms are actually a way of the brain counteracting sleepiness. It sacrifices parts of your brains efficiency to keep you awake and you never get a proper reset

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Tallooksmaxxer
Yea sleep apnea is a big issue for many people, and to think most of them don’t even get checked out.

It could also be nutritional deficiencies. Some study found that 90% of school children with ADHD saw noticable improvement in focus when supplemented with magnesium.

The spike in mental problems like adhd and autism is definitely related to modern society

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator, Donkeyballs and Deleted member 11126
Yeah its sort of retarded to think this is all a result of genes.
both my father and grandfather are diagnosed, it's quite genetic.

that being said, the genetic kind is usually very mild because if it wasn't then reproduction isn't happening, i.e the violent retarded kind of autism is usually the result of a random mutation.

autists also have a reduced lifespan of barely 60 even if there's no further complications, adhd has the same, shaves over a decade off your life.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
both my father and grandfather are diagnosed, it's quite genetic.

that being said, the genetic kind is usually very mild because if it wasn't then reproduction isn't happening, i.e the violent retarded kind of autism is usually the result of a random mutation.

autists also have a reduced lifespan of barely 60 even if there's no further complications, adhd has the same, shaves over a decade off your life.
Neither of my parents have ADHD. And I think its sort of like you said mild... Just a different variation of attention span not unlike IQ being a variation of human intelligence.

But there are people who can't sit still for 1 second I don't think that was ever natural.

Neither of my parents have ADHD. And I think its sort of like you said mild... Just a different variation of attention span not unlike IQ being a variation of human intelligence.

But there are people who can't sit still for 1 second I don't think that was ever natural.
you can't always tell in adults due to masking, hence why it's complicated to be diagnosed into adulthood.

• +1
Yea sleep apnea is a big issue for many people, and to think most of them don’t even get checked out.

It could also be nutritional deficiencies. Some study found that 90% of school children with ADHD saw noticable improvement in focus when supplemented with magnesium.

The spike in mental problems like adhd and autism is definitely related to modern society
Genetics certainly do play a role both in the cause or through being predisposed. But enviroment can turn on and off certain genes so some people are more resistant to environmental toxins then others.

Sleep disordered breathing is becoming a normal thing anyone who needs braces is already fucked. Crooked teeth are not genetic and appeared recently

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and badamj
you can't always tell in adults due to masking, hence why it's complicated to be diagnosed into adulthood.
Yeah its hard to say where genes end and environment begins although I would certainly say environment today is having a big impact

Its nutr it ional, chemical, and related to generally unnatural living. Genetics is a cope, but genetic damage isn't

• +1
Its nutr it ional, chemical, and related to generally unnatural living.
Certain genes also predispose you to it. But yeah I agree more or less.

is your ADHD the self diagnosed version or the real version?

Yes definetly. I have diagnosed ADHD, I have problems with my sleep since I was a kid, couldn't breath through my nose n shit, so I most likely have sleep apnea too, I'll get that checked out soon, maybe I get a free bimax via my insurance then. Only solutions to fix sleep apnea are a cuck CPAP mask (hope someone puts zyklon b into mine once I get it) or you get a big lefort 1 + ccw for ur mandible & maxilla (which I will def also get)

I’ll make a post if my ADHD improves after my Bimax. I think there’s a genetic predisposition for it and environment is exacerbates it

sleep apnea causes brain damage, heart damage and severe lack of energy during the day

Found out through a pulse oximeter that I get very shit oxygen levels at night and it spikes up and down. It's the equivalent of drinking every night you just are getting maybe half the quality of normal 8 hours of sleep.

People think you gotta be fat or old to get it but sleep apnea is common today and little kids can develop it if they have allergies and mouth breathe. My pulse oximeter test said I have the same quality as a person who drank 12 beers so its possible this is what has caused my adhd if I have had it my whole life.
Either i lucked out or i do this without knowing and i have certified adhd

Yes definetly. I have diagnosed ADHD, I have problems with my sleep since I was a kid, couldn't breath through my nose n shit, so I most likely have sleep apnea too, I'll get that checked out soon, maybe I get a free bimax via my insurance then. Only solutions to fix sleep apnea are a cuck CPAP mask (hope someone puts zyklon b into mine once I get it) or you get a big lefort 1 + ccw for ur mandible & maxilla (which I will def also get)
Sleep apnea machine isn't a good long term solution if your 50 its fine but if you 20 you should get surgery to fix the airway so you aren't reliant on a machine to get sleep

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27702
Dude was exactly my thought

I will get a sleep study soon since I found out that I snore
And I have also adhd like symptoms sometimes (but not confirmed by a doctors)

Does anybody here use cpap mask?