Ian Somerhalder defies all logic

NarrowJaw

NarrowJaw

Bronze
2725159 1643975914956
can you tell that ian somerhalder's ratios are complete dogshit? maybe some of you knew his midface wasn't ideal but i think this will still surprise you: he has a midface ratio of about 0.82 and a fwhr of about 1.74

Mirin compact midface

Mirin insane masc fwhr

wtf how are his midface and fwhr subhuman tier (alright his fwhr isn't that terrible but far from ideal still), yet he doesn't look horsefaced in the slightest? he looks masc and low trust. ngl i don't think i've ever measured a midface ratio lower than this. very impressive how he manages to pull this look off despite having trucel midface and low-ish fwhr

Skullcel tbqh

in comparison, this guy seems to have worse ratios but his midface is actually 1.0 and his fwhr is about 1.76

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, AscendingHero, Jason Voorhees and 1 other person
Those numbers mean fuck all. It's how those ratios fit in relation to ur skull and features that matter. Its called facial harmony. Sommerhalder has narrow IPD and long midface which is off set by his long positive eyebrows,wide mouth,
ridiculous jaw flare and small nose. Malik is another example He has bad ipd and a horrible es ratio which is offset by his small skull and lomg pfl. It's not just a few ratios that determine everything .This has been discussed before Do people even read the BOTB threads?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, Deleted member, Dior and 10 others
his fwhr isnt subhuman tier lol, adrien brodys is.

bradley cooper has a fwhr of 1.75 but he appeal mogged most of hollywood in his prime

plus ians features are insane

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
So you've never met a man that had low facial averageness and but was good looking??

• Hmm...
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 17291 and NarrowJaw
women be calculating numbahs when they see mens faces
Confused Thinking GIF

• JFL
Reactions: Dior, Birdcell, SAR and 1 other person
So you've never met a man that had low facial averageness and but was good looking??
i have, but probably not to this extent. seen plenty of good looking people that i'd estimate have a midface ratio between 0.90 and 0.95 and a low-ish fwhr and other less than ideal ratios. but 0.82 midface ratio is beyond bad, i'm surprised he makes it work so well, that's all. also low facial averageness usually means less than ideal appeal, meanwhile somerhalder has very wide appeal. an outlier for sure

Those numbers mean fuck all. It's how those ratios fit in relation to ur skull and features that matter. Its called facial harmony. Sommerhalder has narrow IPD and long midface which is off set by his long positive eyebrows,wide mouth,
ridiculous jaw flare and small nose. Malik is another example He has bad ipd and a horrible es ratio which is offset by his small skull and lomg pfl. It's not just a few ratios that determine everything .This has been discussed before Do people even read the BOTB threads?
true, no doubt there's more to attractiveness than just a few ratios. i'm just surprised to see a 0.82 midface ratio and a low-ish fwhr work so well. also i'd expect ratios would play a major role in harmony, especially important ones like the midface and fwhr. it's interesting to see strong features offset ratios to such a degree

• +1
Reactions: MakinItHappenReturn and Jason Voorhees
i have, but probably not to this extent. seen plenty of good looking people that i'd estimate have a midface ratio between 0.90 and 0.95 and a low-ish fwhr and other less than ideal ratios. but 0.82 midface ratio is beyond bad, i'm surprised he makes it work so well, that's all. also low facial averageness usually means less than ideal appeal, meanwhile somerhalder has very wide appeal. an outlier for sure

true, no doubt there's more to attractiveness than just a few ratios. i'm just surprised to see a 0.82 midface ratio and a low-ish fwhr work so well. also i'd expect ratios would play a major role in harmony, especially important ones like the midface and fwhr. it's interesting to see strong features offset ratios to such a degree

Mind measuring my ratios.

I am not into all of that and go off ratios by rough estimate.

Other than midface ratio of course which I actually measure

2673513 ac0f00422d0ad9b7d8851dde516e4ebb

Mind measuring my ratios.

I am not into all of that and go off ratios by rough estimate.

Other than midface ratio of course which I actually measure

View attachment 1522863
FWHR: 1.83 (ideal: 1.8 - 2.0)
Chin/philtrum: 2.18 (ideal: 2.0 - 2.5)
Bigonial/bizygo: 0.90 (ideal: 0.9 - 1.0)
Lower/full face: 0.64 (ideal: 0.62+)
ESR: 0.43 (ideal: 0.45 - 0.47)
note these might not be completely accurate as there's probably some lens distortion in the pic and you're smiling

• Woah
Reactions: MakinItHappenReturn
his fwhr isnt subhuman tier lol, adrien brodys is.

bradley cooper has a fwhr of 1.75 but he appeal mogged most of hollywood in his prime

plus ians features are insane
Adrien broner:ogre:

How do I measure FWHR?

How do I measure FWHR?
use a program like photoshop or paint and divide bizygomatic width by the distance between lower end of the eyebrows and the upper lip

use a program like photoshop or paint and divide bizygomatic width by the distance between lower end of the eyebrows and the upper lip
Photoshop cost money and paint is for painting, not sure how to do that

Yep the long eyebrows offset his narrow IPD big time.

Indeed this is why i think somtimes ratios can be cope. Absolute measureents and how those features relate to your face are very important.

Also lips and nose are carriers. Wide medially long brows are so important for small es/ipd cels. People forget how much eyebrows can halo one and offset failos (ie ballou more noticeably somerhalder)

Also which BOTB threads were referencing to?