Ideal company for Software Devs?

D

Deleted member 18784

Love is a dog from hell
What companies are ideal for software devs in your opinion? Also, software devs in this forum what is your dream company to work for? Personally aiming for HFTs / Prop Shops (Jane Street, Two Sigma, Citadel, etc.).

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath
Software is a pretty dead end job after OpenGptai whatever

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22930 and poopoohead
You will have to compete with lots of bluepilled people, who pursue nothing other than career. They do everything they can to get a job at google or amazon. They do several internships, practice leetcode, get top grades etc etc. You will have to compete against those.

If you want into HFT, then you have that, but one level higher. Now you're competing against equally ambitious people, however now they're physics and math phd geniuses.

Meanwhile some whore makes millions from onlyfans while she travels the world.

Good luck!

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Deleted member 22930, poopoohead and 3 others
You will have to compete with lots of bluepilled people, who pursue nothing other than career. They do everything they can to get a job at google or amazon. They do several internships, practice leetcode, get top grades etc etc. You will have to compete against those.

If you want into HFT, then you have that, but one level higher. Now you're competing against equally ambitious people, however now they're physics and math phd geniuses.

Good luck!
Facts, although the physics and maths phds tend to work in the quant sector. Citadel and Akuna are stereotypically known to be relatively easy to crack, but my ideal company is JS or 2S. Are you still in uni? If so, are you pursuing an MS? Debating on whether to enter industry or go to grad.

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath
Facts, although the physics and maths phds tend to work in the quant sector. Citadel and Akuna are stereotypically known to be relatively easy to crack, but my ideal company is JS or 2S. Are you still in uni? If so, are you pursuing an MS? Debating on whether to enter industry or go to grad.
I just finished my masters

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: poopoohead and Deleted member 18784

Good luck!
Or go into embedded systems or low level security and compete with all the autist savants who only code and nothing else

What companies are ideal for software devs in your opinion? Also, software devs in this forum what is your dream company to work for? Personally aiming for HFTs / Prop Shops (Jane Street, Two Sigma, Citadel, etc.).
Jane street

Aerospace. I should have done Mech E