If HGH isnt cope, then the theory about lifting hindering growth is true

MyDreamIsToBe183CM

MyDreamIsToBe183CM

Iron
Obviously lifting wont completely stop your growth, but if the theory that more HGH = more height is true then since muscle recovery requires the use of HGH then you cause competition between your muscles and bones hindering your growth slightly

• +1
Reactions: TheLookInYourEyes and IAMNOTANINCEL
That is assuming that your hormone production remains consistent when exercising compared to not.
Lifting will spike HGH levels.

• +1
Reactions: Onewithmoss
lifting does stunt your growth and is one of the worst things you can do for health

• Hmm...
Reactions: menas
Obviously lifting wont completely stop your growth, but if the theory that more HGH = more height is true then since muscle recovery requires the use of HGH then you cause competition between your muscles and bones hindering your growth slightly
nigga ur height is because of growth plate receptors

taller dudes dont just product like 2x more fucking hgh

nigga ur height is because of growth plate receptors

taller dudes dont just product like 2x more fucking hgh
yeah but more hgh still contributes to you being taller, which is proven by people with acromegaly

for a very short period of time though, not enough to make up for the igf-1 loss during muscle recovery
That is assuming that your hormone production remains consistent when exercising compared to not.
Lifting will spike HGH levels.

for a very short period of time though, not enough to make up for the igf-1 loss during muscle recovery
You cannot prove your argument unless you can quantify the difference and determine whether it is greater or not.
I still maintain that lifting will help promote growth as will any other exercise.

• +1
Reactions: Onewithmoss
You cannot prove your argument unless you can quantify the difference and determine whether it is greater or not.
I still maintain that lifting will help promote growth as will any other exercise.
searched it up musclve recovery takes 0.3-0.5 IU (for adults) and around 1-2 IU for teens during peak puberty, and it is self explanatory that the very short period of spiked HGH levels will not make up for that

searched it up musclve recovery takes 0.3-0.5 IU (for adults) and around 1-2 IU for teens during peak puberty, and it is self explanatory that the very short period of spiked HGH levels will make up for that
Thank you for using the internet where everything is 100% reliable to substantiate your claims.

• +1
Reactions: axm
bro tell me how my hypothesis doesn't make sense.
Fuck sakes. This should need not be debated.
You do not quantify endogenous hormone production in International Units (IU), by saying that growth takes x IU and muscle recovery takes y, that is more speaking to the use of synthetic hormones like exogenous HGH and how each IU would be hypothetically allocated in your body, assuming you had no endogenous production.
I can only hypothesise because you've decided to substantiate your entire claim based on a single fucking Google search that I can't even see and the fact that some things are "self explanatory".
You nor I do not know enough about the topic to be able to comment nor definitively state that lifting would inhibit height growth. It should be "self explanatory" that our endocrine system and its contributions to adult height is much more involved than one thing influencing height.

Your assumption, as aforementioned, is assuming these things.
1. Exercise, specifically weightlifting does not increase HGH production whatsoever, or the increase is negligible compared to what you would require for 'muscle recovery' and this can be quantified to definitively determine such for every individual.
2. There is no impact on any other hormones in your body that can contribute to/inhibit height growth.
3. If there was impact on any other hormones, the (positive) effect on height would again be negligible.
4. Anything else aforementioned.

But you're right, maybe you know more than everybody that has ever done research on this and/or is actually a medical professional/relatively more experienced on the topic of the endocrine system!