If I wear retainers at night time, will my mewing progress during the day be reversed?

V

VLX

Iron
People say mewing is cope but it's just proper tongue posture. My braces might come off soon, and I will have to wear retainers in the night time. If I mew during the day and wear the retainers at night, would the mewing be useless because the progress will be reversed by the retainers (My teeth would be pushed back into place)? I've seen a few people say to wear your bottom retainers but not the top when doing this.

People say mewing is cope but it's just proper tongue posture. My braces might come off soon, and I will have to wear retainers in the night time. If I mew during the day and wear the retainers at night, would the mewing be useless because the progress will be reversed by the retainers (My teeth would be pushed back into place)? I've seen a few people say to wear your bottom retainers but not the top when doing this.
how are u mewing with braces on in the first place?
look into if you have a tongue tie before everything btw

how are u mewing with braces on in the first place?
look into if you have a tongue tie before everything btw
i mean braces don't really prevent me from mewing. how would they? like it's just proper tongue posture right? and i don't think i have a tongue tie.

i mean braces don't really prevent me from mewing. how would they? like it's just proper tongue posture right? and i don't think i have a tongue tie.
like i said look into it check with a myofunctional therapist

braces wouldn't prevent you from mewing it's just that mewing opposes braces since you're trying to make teeth go back in but with that tongue motion you're pushing them back out

like i said look into it check with a myofunctional therapist

braces wouldn't prevent you from mewing it's just that mewing opposes braces since you're trying to make teeth go back in but with that tongue motion you're pushing them back out
but could mewing still have the benefit of helping a down-swung face since you are still pushing your tongue upwards? even if the palate doesn't expand.