If you are born to poor parents you will most likely stay poor as well

Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

Mod
Staff
Specifically, the study found that a kindergarten student from the bottom 25% of socioeconomic status with test scores from the top 25% of students has a 31% chance of earning a college education and working a job that pays at least $35,000 by the time they are 25, and at least $45,000 by the time they are 35.

A kindergarten student from the top 25% of socioeconomic status with test scores from the bottom 25% of students had a 71% chance of achieving the same milestones.

If you are born into a poor family you will most likely stay poor aswell. Same for rich but the chances going down are higher but moving to social and economic classes is very rare but ofc the oppressed gender has better chances than men

Their core finding: Boys who grow up in poor families fare substantially worse in adulthood, in terms of employment and earnings, than girls who grow up in the same circumstances.

• +1
  • So Sad
  • Hmm...
Reactions: SidharthTheSlayer, Lirevk, shewantsme and 11 others
@try2beme

• +1
Reactions: try2beme
I hate my pathetic mutt parents

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: jisko32, 5'7 zoomer and Jason Voorhees
Fuck this is so real

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Costcosuperstore and Jason Voorhees
My mom expects me to have a moneymaking mindset when they’re poor lazy fuckers
Not a bad thing. Just because I'm a failure in life doesn't mean even my child has to be one. Your win is also her win

• +1
Reactions: try2beme
Not a bad thing. Just because I'm a failure in life doesn't mean even my child has to be one. Your win is also her win
Thats too bad, when im successful they will proly be dead or long gone from my life 😃

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore and Jason Voorhees
Sounds about right. The money has to trickle down from somewhere, but most of the wealth is owned by rich families like bankers and such. If you aren’t in the club, your odds of getting out of your wealth bracket are brutally low. This is especially true when they print more money since most of it barely reaches down to the plebs.

It’s not impossible though, but I think it takes more luck than hard work to get there, still influenced by how hard you work, if ever so slightly. That's why I think it's best to ignore other people's expectations regarding this kind of thing since the odds are already heavily against you and even if you get a taste of some kind of wealth if you get hired some place p good, there's usually caveats like taxes bringing you down to where you would be before or the job being brutal for your health.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Costcosuperstore and Jason Voorhees
Definitely true. I wrote a thread expounding on some of the many difficulties of being born into a poor family.. it is very difficult. I don’t think many people on this site come from poor families though, just given the nature of what it’s about. People financially struggling aren’t concerned with looksmaxxing advice/discussion.

• +1
Reactions: Aero, Jason Voorhees, Sushifart and 1 other person
My mom expects me to have a moneymaking mindset when they’re poor lazy fuckers
You are poor, ugly, dumb and you are from shit country
It's over

• JFL
Reactions: SidharthTheSlayer
The biggest issue is that the middle class is being eradicated. Before, poorcels could break into the middle class and live a comfortable life without having to worry about money too much. Now the gap is only between the poor and the rich, so it’s much much harder to cross two socioeconomic barriers in one life. Of course there are exceptions, if you’re very talented, tenacious ect.