If you are planning on getting a wraparound jaw implant/chin implant should you underproject with your genio?

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
I want to get a square chin which is not possible with genio and even when it can widen the chin a bit, it doesnt lead to the same aesthetic result as chin implants do.

I will be getting bimax + genio hopefully soon but should I tell my surgeon to under-project so that my implant doesnt cause over-projection and make me look like I have an underbite?

Also I told my surgeon that I am getting the surgery for functional reasons so would it be a red flag if I bring up the fact that I want to get implants later?

I doubt he gives you a big projection with genio. The usual projection is 2-4 mm, to a greater extent it looks artificial and moreover I doubt that your chin is so small in the sagittal plane.

Anyway, I'm not sure if you can have a chin implant slaped after genio.

• Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot
I doubt he gives you a big projection with genio. The usual projection is 2-4 mm, to a greater extent it looks artificial and moreover I doubt that your chin is so small in the sagittal plane.

Anyway, I'm not sure if you can have a chin implant slaped after genio.
every surgeon I spoke to said that I will need 5-6mm of genio, closer to 6

are you sure that the implant cant be overlayed on the chin after it has recovered from genio?

every surgeon I spoke to said that I will need 5-6mm of genio, closer to 6

are you sure that the implant cant be overlayed on the chin after it has recovered from genio?
I got a 10mm genio and yes an implant can be placed over it later, but they'll need to remove your genio plates during the implant surgery.

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel and lilhorizontal32
I got a 10mm genio and yes an implant can be placed over it later, but they'll need to remove your genio plates during the implant surgery.
Would they reduce the Genio movement as well? By moving it back 1 mm or so?

Did the bone connect after a 10mm genio?

It doesn't connect at first, new bone grows in the space where the cut is made.
Yes, but I'm asking if it did grow, since its such a large gap