If you get tmj your probably being soft

pumpeduppecs

pumpeduppecs

Diamond
I chew gum for hours every day my jaw started clicking and I just ignored it and kept chewing and it went away people on this forum act like they got cancer or something

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21863, Deleted member 25245, 5.5psl and 1 other person
I chew gum for hours every day my jaw started clicking and I just ignored it and kept chewing and it went away people on this forum act like they got cancer or something
greycel chewing his way into a lifelong disease with no cure just to get a round jaw

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: moreroidsmoredates, Deleted member 29670, It'snotover and 7 others
greycel chewing his way into a lifelong disease with no cure just to get a round jaw
theres treatment its hard but there are some specialized doctors, it gets harder to treat once it progresses. People who have a click in the jaw should go for treatment asap.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: depressionmaxxing and 5.5psl
No
theres treatment its hard but there are some specialized doctors, it gets harder to treat once it progresses. People who have a click in the jaw should go for treatment asap.
there. is. no. cure.

there is a root for the problem tho. sometimes solving that cures the patient but for many it didnt. Just avoid getting tmjd

Jfl mine went away after like a week and it doesn’t even hurt imagine being that soft

Chewing is not effective at all.
I did it with gum and chisel for one year and half. Nothing changed

• +1
Reactions: Inscol
Chewing is not effective at all.
I did it with gum and chisel for one year and half. Nothing changed
The main reason I chew gum is it helps me to quit being a fatass and eating

I had a painful click in my jaw for 3 days

Then it just went away

• +1
Reactions: Fundz
Wow, this person is high IQ! Bumping this to remind the chewers. Go see an Ortho, get your bite corrected, eat like a normal human, stop fucking chewing and running your joint into the ground, because like @depressionmaxxing said, there is no fucking cure. A cure for temporary TMJD, sure, but not when the joint itself is degraded.

• +1
Reactions: depressionmaxxing
Wow, this person is high IQ! Bumping this to remind the chewers. Go see an Ortho, get your bite corrected, eat like a normal human, stop fucking chewing and running your joint into the ground, because like @depressionmaxxing said, there is no fucking cure. A cure for temporary TMJD, sure, but not when the joint itself is degraded.
What can fix a worn out tmj joint?

What can fix a worn out tmj joint?

Consider, when something is worn out, it's worn out, so you either accommodate for it, replace/restore what is missing, or replace it in its entirety.

The accommodate step is learning to deal with the symptoms, reduce the symptoms, and slow/prevent further degradation.

The restore is surgery to the joint or surrounding area, which could possibly fix the issues

The replace is a total replacement of the TMJ, which could possibly fix the issues.

But also, some people can just have temp TMJD and can cause chronic TMJD, with temp TMJD, they need to find out what is causing it and alleviate it before degradation leads to chronic TMJD.

I'm not an ortho/doctor, obviously, happy to be corrected on all of this, but it seems pretty straightforward beyond anything that would obviously require a consult. There is a TMJD guide where the guy claims to reverse TMJD, he is kind of like Mike Mew, where he is technically right about his steps preventing issues, but it's only during early adolescence. Barring a direct injury, or underlying and fixable symptom, the reason most people have TMJD is because of a bite misalignment, preventing or dealing with the bite misalignment is how you prevent the possibility of chronic TMJD.

I had temp TMJD from an accident, so I did a shit ton of reading on the topic and reversed my temp TMJD without ever consulting a professional. I realized I would be fine because once the underlying is fixed, for me it was inflammation and a strain, it would be gone because my bite was always fine. So if you have temp, depending on the cause, you can get ahead of it, instead of listening to the retards that say "everyone has TMJD" or "it's not a big deal", when the possibility for life altering chronic issues is right around the corner, further accelerated by people being convinced to purposely chew weights to bloat their face.

Ironically, someone suggesting chewing, is like someone suggesting you perform surgery on yourself. They know nothing of your medical history, your bite alignment, and they are pushing you towards a possible chronic illness.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: edodalic29
Actually, better said, someone telling a person to chew is like that person playing Ortho, playing a medical doctor. Because they are telling you to induce resistance continuously but in an uncontrolled manner, and it is something that can affect the teeth, the joints, and it can disturb alignment, imagine that on a developing body.

Chewing is on par with bonemashing.

Consider, when something is worn out, it's worn out, so you either accommodate for it, replace/restore what is missing, or replace it in its entirety.

The accommodate step is learning to deal with the symptoms, reduce the symptoms, and slow/prevent further degradation.

The restore is surgery to the joint or surrounding area, which could possibly fix the issues

The replace is a total replacement of the TMJ, which could possibly fix the issues.

But also, some people can just have temp TMJD and can cause chronic TMJD, with temp TMJD, they need to find out what is causing it and alleviate it before degradation leads to chronic TMJD.

I'm not an ortho/doctor, obviously, happy to be corrected on all of this, but it seems pretty straightforward beyond anything that would obviously require a consult. There is a TMJD guide where the guy claims to reverse TMJD, he is kind of like Mike Mew, where he is technically right about his steps preventing issues, but it's only during early adolescence. Barring a direct injury, or underlying and fixable symptom, the reason most people have TMJD is because of a bite misalignment, preventing or dealing with the bite misalignment is how you prevent the possibility of chronic TMJD.

I had temp TMJD from an accident, so I did a shit ton of reading on the topic and reversed my temp TMJD without ever consulting a professional. I realized I would be fine because once the underlying is fixed, for me it was inflammation and a strain, it would be gone because my bite was always fine. So if you have temp, depending on the cause, you can get ahead of it, instead of listening to the retards that say "everyone has TMJD" or "it's not a big deal", when the possibility for life altering chronic issues is right around the corner, further accelerated by people being convinced to purposely chew weights to bloat their face.

Ironically, someone suggesting chewing, is like someone suggesting you perform surgery on yourself. They know nothing of your medical history, your bite alignment, and they are pushing you towards a possible chronic illness.
Interesting, i have tmj but it’s 100% due to poor posture , tounge posture in my earlier days , if i completely fix the root cause will the tmj joint remodel thus if the tounge is adding enough pressure to the roof of the mouth?

Interesting, i have tmj but it’s 100% due to poor posture , tounge posture in my earlier days , if i completely fix the root cause will the tmj joint remodel thus if the tounge is adding enough pressure to the roof of the mouth?

An orthodontist can tell you that, if you honestly think you have TMJD, get to an ortho as soon as possible, make sure you look for one that has reviews that report actually helping people fix their TMJD issues as opposed to making things worse.

Until you can get to an orthodontist, fix posture, practice proper resting position, try to chew less, try not to overextend the jaw or make any odd movements. Stay away from chewy foods and if you have to get chewy, keep the chew stable and to a minimum. I recommend all of this as a means of preventing further damage until you can get a professional opinion, and all of that is obviously an assumption because I'm not a doctor.

I’ve had a click in my jaw for years jfl

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl, It'snotover and edodalic29