If you suffer from TMJ disorder, Tinnitus, and nerve pain in the neck along with sfs read this article

IamBecomeKakonge

IamBecomeKakonge

Iron

This article changed my little cousins life and I notice a lot of sfscels with lower thirds that were retracted do what the article recommends (jutting) instinctually if they're looks conscious (looking at @pneumocystosis ) or if they suffer from debilitating pain due to the symptoms in this threads title.

The TLDR is: Certain cases of severe mandibular retraction will lead to TMJ and the PHYSICIAN PRESCRIBED solution to this problem is essentially jutting 24/7 and learning how to open and close the mouth while protracting the jaw in order to decrease jamming of the TMJ disc by said severely retracted jaw.

Tagging some of the bros: @Obito @Racky @AscendingHero @smvmaxxertilllate

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Kasanova, Deleted member 25893, Trilogy and 14 others
banger first thread

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: NateJacobs, Deleted member 27213, Racky and 2 others
Jutting 24/7 jfl just get surgery.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: blithe, humanoidsub7, Racky and 1 other person
would bimax fix this issue from a structural standpoint? i have tmj+tinnitus, getting bimax next month to fix sleep apnea

Jutting 24/7 jfl just get surgery.
According to the physician who wrote article and from what I've observed in my cousin the jutting will eventually become your "natural rest position" if done correctly, so it wont really feel like jutting anymore. Also surgery is largely unsuccessful for treating both the "pain" sysmptoms of tmj such as tinnitus/nerve jamming, and the the motor function deficiencies they have in opening and closing their mouths (mandibular retraction).

Heres a video of what I mean with respect to the opening and closing of the mouth:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 10.48.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 10.48.26 PM.png
    241.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1692337941930.png
    1692337941930.png
    143.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • Woah
Reactions: Racky
would bimax fix this issue from a structural standpoint? i have tmj+tinnitus, getting bimax next month to fix sleep apnea
Maxillomandibular advancement surgery would probably fix the sleep apnea issues you're having due to lack of airway patency but your motor functions at their core would still be the same because your pterygoid muscles wouldn't have been strengthened by the surgery. So your mouth opening and closing motor functioning would remain the same and these are directly related to the tinnitus you're suffering from, as this is what is causing your trigeminal/buccal nerve branches to be compressed and these are directly connected to the ears.

tbh I'd suggest showing your surgeon this article and hearing his thoughts, and try the protracting techniques the article reccomends before your surgery and see if they relieve your tinnitus symptoms.

• +1
Reactions: Racky
High end greycel. Can’t wait till he gets to 500 posts and becomes an officer.

//SubSigma

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: schizo echochamber and IamBecomeKakonge
I talked to some TMJ experts and as stupid as it sounds, this is actually true.

Jutting jaw forward takes forces off condyles (jaw joints) and discs. I do it for years and at this point it became natural. Only issue is that when I smile hard, my jaw gets forcefully pushed back and I reveal my subhuman bite

If you are recessed with TMJD and want to do bimax, get your TMJ fixed first. If you don’t do it, extra bone mass from bimax will put more pressure on your joints and your TMJ may get worse

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: IamBecomeKakonge and stevielake

This article changed my little cousins life and I notice a lot of sfscels with lower thirds that were retracted do what the article recommends (jutting) instinctually if they're looks conscious (looking at @pneumocystosis ) or if they suffer from debilitating pain due to the symptoms in this threads title.

The TLDR is: Certain cases of severe mandibular retraction will lead to TMJ and the PHYSICIAN PRESCRIBED solution to this problem is essentially jutting 24/7 and learning how to open and close the mouth while protracting the jaw in order to decrease jamming of the TMJ disc by said severely retracted jaw.

Do I have bruxism? Can this help?

I talked to some TMJ experts and as stupid as it sounds, this is actually true.

Jutting jaw forward takes forces off condyles (jaw joints) and discs. I do it for years and at this point it became natural. Only issue is that when I smile hard, my jaw gets forcefully pushed back and I reveal my subhuman bite

If you are recessed with TMJD and want to do bimax, get your TMJ fixed first. If you don’t do it, extra bone mass from bimax will put more pressure on your joints and your TMJ may get worse
I have TMJ because of shitty dental work causing a massive overbite. I need oral surgery but that's a fortune and extremely painful (but worth it).

Why the hell would protracting your jaw unnaturally to compensate for lack of bone mass be a good idea.

Why the hell would protracting your jaw unnaturally to compensate for lack of bone mass be a good idea.
Because the problem isnt jaw bone mass you nitwit. Its jaw placement/positioning, both during motor functions and rest position. Adding bone mass wouldn't solve that issue. Getting bimax wouldn't strengthen your pterygoid muscles, would it? You'd just keep opening, closing, and resting your jaw the wrong way due to the atrophy of these muscles. Not only that, you'd actually be causing more stress on the condylar disc and its complementary nerve because of the added mass.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Allornothing
Because the problem isnt jaw bone mass you nitwit. Its jaw placement/positioning, both during motor functions and rest position. Adding bone mass wouldn't solve that issue. Getting bimax wouldn't strengthen your pterygoid muscles, would it? You'd just keep opening, closing, and resting your jaw the wrong way due to the atrophy of these muscles. Not only that, you'd actually be causing more stress on the condylar disc and its complementary nerve because of the added mass.
Is there any way to know if your jaw position is wrong or you just have tinnitus for another reason?

My bite physiologist dentist told me to do this and that surgery wouldn’t fix my tmj. I told her that bimax would fix it but she is too retarded to understand. Dentists jobs are just to find cheaper less effective ways to fix the problem temporarily rather than going down to the root of the problem. It is what it is all they do is cope ppl

According to the physician who wrote article and from what I've observed in my cousin the jutting will eventually become your "natural rest position" if done correctly, so it wont really feel like jutting anymore. Also surgery is largely unsuccessful for treating both the "pain" sysmptoms of tmj such as tinnitus/nerve jamming, and the the motor function deficiencies they have in opening and closing their mouths (mandibular retraction).

Heres a video of what I mean with respect to the opening and closing of the mouth:

this is very true, ive succesfully transitioned to jutting 24/7 and it has become my resting position.

• +1
Reactions: IamBecomeKakonge
My bite physiologist dentist told me to do this and that surgery wouldn’t fix my tmj. I told her that bimax would fix it but she is too retarded to understand. Dentists jobs are just to find cheaper less effective ways to fix the problem temporarily rather than going down to the root of the problem. It is what it is all they do is cope ppl
You're the one that isn't understanding properly my guy. Bimax wouldn't fix it, read my previous reply above.

The article is too daym long....What's the fix?

The article is too daym long....What's the fix?

Wth, to what extent do you jut

Thanks, great thread

• +1
Reactions: IamBecomeKakonge
I can't close my molars when doing this is it still worth it?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24770
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 33579
This may be retarded but I’ll risk my teeth in order to not fuck up my TMD at this point tbh. I’ll get my braces off and just do beltpulling with jutting 24/7 to fix my TMD and aesthetics thanks for the motivation

• JFL
Reactions: Allornothing
I’ve been jutting and had 0 problems yet but hopefully I can get it surgeryically fixed

Take the ThatOneDude pill instead, chew 12 hrs daily and have flared gonions. Risk of TMJ = 0

Take the ThatOneDude pill instead, chew 12 hrs daily and have flared gonions. Risk of TMJ = 0
Source? I’ll probably do what you just said anyway but like provide more info. Are you doing this yourself lmao

Source? I’ll probably do what you just said anyway but like provide more info. Are you doing this yourself lmao
yes, i do i stopped tho, i did it for a week, falim/mastic gum for 12hrs everyday, for the span of a week. high risk of TMJ so i wouldnt advise but u do u

• Hmm...
Reactions: the_nextDavidLaid
I’ve been jutting and had 0 problems yet but hopefully I can get it surgeryically fixed
How much are you jutting? Do you do it 24/7 also can mewing help with this, I have outward gonions

How much are you jutting? Do you do it 24/7 also can mewing help with this, I have outward gonions
My jaw can jut painlessly forward, it’s just that it’s too small and recessed to reach my maxilla

My jaw can jut painlessly forward, it’s just that it’s too small and recessed to reach my maxilla
Yeah I can do it as well, just feel some discomfort if I'm using Maximum force, also isn't this bad for you in any way?

Yeah I can do it as well, just feel some discomfort if I'm using Maximum force, also isn't this bad for you in any way?
Don’t use force, I’ve been doing since I was a kid without force no problems. Use force and you might get TMJ issues

• +1
Reactions: andrewbssr1358
refute it then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back