Expect Law at a good uni.

• +1
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday, Chadeep and Jason Voorhees
Y?

• +1
Reactions: whiteislandpill, ReadBooksEveryday, Chadeep and 1 other person
There I said it @ReadBooksEveryday

Disagree.

You can do a gender studies degree, and it will have value if you intend to use it to become a social worker.

A physics degree that someone does aimlessly with no job prospects will be useless.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday, Chadeep, Nick.Harte and 1 other person
Disagree.

You can do a gender studies degree, and it will have value if you intend to use it to become a social worker.

A physics degree that someone does aimlessly with no job prospects will be useless.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: try2beme, ReadBooksEveryday, Klasik616 and 1 other person
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Sprinkles and ReadBooksEveryday
?

You can do a physics/math degree and end up with no job and in a worse situation.

Degree doesn't guarantee a job.
Ofc it doesn't but it does make you more employable and is a proof of thr skills and expertise you possess. If your skills aren't valued what's thr point of the degree.

• +1
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday
Ofc it doesn't but it does make you more employable and is a proof of thr skills and expertise you possess. If your skills aren't valued what's thr point of the degree.

A degree is a tool to increase your chances of getting a job.

A physics/math/biology degree won't magically get you a high paying job; it might get you a job.

I know physics majors working as lab assistants for a little more than minimum wage, and gender studies majors who got their masters and became speech therapists earning more than a 100k.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Woah
Reactions: hypernormie, n9wiff, try2beme and 3 others
India has Limited opportunities. Two of my Friends one from DTU Civil Engineering is working in Finance meanwhile the guy from Mechanical Engineering is working in Sales and Marketing because of low pay in respective fields .Apart from Electrical Engineering and Computer science. People just go into jobs that don't have any relevance to their degree.

• Woah
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday
Anyone wanting a good degree and having no interest in any certain field should just go into Business/Sales. Easiest degree, yet one of the most actually useful ones in capitalism. You may also meet actually smart people and not betacuck asians like you would if you were studying smth like Medicine

Disagree.

It’s not true. You can’t stumble your way into any bachelors, let alone physics and have no ambition. There’s an answer for everything, but lack of ambition for a physics grad is not one. More likely it’s immigration barriers or gathering soft skills.

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday and normie_joe
It’s not true. You can’t stumble your way into any bachelors, let alone physics and have no ambition. There’s an answer for everything, but lack of ambition for a physics grad is not one. More likely it’s immigration barriers or gathering soft skills.

Oh you can absolutely be passionate about physics, but employers don't give two shits about your passion for physics if it's not required for the job.

My point was if you do a physics/math degree and you have no clue how to proceed after, you likely wasted your time.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Saint Casanova, moredatesmorerapes and ReadBooksEveryday
Oh you can absolutely be passionate about physics, but employers don't give two shits about your passion for physics if it's not required for the job.

My point was if you do a physics/math degree and you have no clue how to proceed after, you likely wasted your time.
Physics and math are not like chem and biology. The skills you learn in those disciplines make the graduates victims to poaching by big financial corporations.

You are so misinformed it’s not funny. If I could turn back the clocks I would’ve done a maths degree instead of engineering.

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, ReadBooksEveryday and Klasik616
Physics and math are not like chem and biology. The skills you learn in those disciplines make the graduates victims to poaching by big financial corporations.

Maybe they do exist, but the math majors and physics majors I know either went to a bootcamp to learn code, became tutors or lab assistants, or went on to do their masters.

They literally could've done CS or business and ended up with the same job, than graduate and do additional work.

Maybe they do exist, but the math majors and physics majors I know either went to a bootcamp to learn code, became tutors or lab assistants, or went on to do their masters.

They literally could've done CS or business and ended up with the same job, than graduate and do additional work.
No they won’t. The majority of people don’t work in their field of study, not because they don’t like it, but because they cannot break in. Employers understand the value of certain degrees, that’s why top investment banks exclusively hire math/physics/engineering. Having a quantitative background gives you a competitive edge.

• JFL
Reactions: normie_joe
No they won’t. The majority of people don’t work in their field of study, not because they don’t like it, but because they cannot break in.

I'm laughing at how you think you are disagreeing with me, but actually agreeing.

What does "unable to break in" mean? Oh that's right, no job. That is literally what I'm saying.

So they have to look elsewhere and learn new skills to supplement their degree like going to a bootcamp, when instead they could've done CS and skipped that step altogether.

Employers understand the value of certain degrees, that’s why top investment banks exclusively hire math/physics/engineering. Having a quantitative background gives you a competitive edge.

What are the titles of these jobs? What are they called if I were to look for them on indeed/glassdoor/linkedin?

I want to see what backgrounds they require.

I'm laughing at how you think you are disagreeing with me, but actually agreeing.

What does "unable to break in" mean? Oh that's right, no job. That is literally what I'm saying.

So they have to look elsewhere and learn new skills to supplement their degree like going to a bootcamp, when instead they could've done CS and skipped that step altogether.

What are the titles of these jobs? What are they called if I were to look for them on indeed/glassdoor/linkedin?

I want to see what backgrounds they require.
Do your own research. You sound 15

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Sprinkles and normie_joe
Do your own research. You sound 15

When you make a claim, back it up. You claimed there are high paying financial jobs that need a math/physics degree.

What are they called, give me the proper title like "financial analyst"?

A degree is a tool to increase your chances of getting a job.

A physics/math/biology degree won't magically get you a high paying job; it might get you a job.

I know physics majors working as lab assistants for a little more than minimum wage, and gender studies majors who got their masters and became speech therapists earning more than a 100k.
IMG 5233

Disagree.

Social worker = useless

I'd try economics to at least invest by myself but it looks it's full of sick bastards