Ignore

S

sb23

Platinum
For the longest time I have seen plenty of horrible entry’s in the rating section, this probably due to lack of information on how to properly take pictures. I will give a short guide on how to take rating pictures properly, in order to receive a non bias rating.

How to position your device
Everyone should be familiar with lens distortion by now. In order to minimise this as much as possible, we will be using the following setup:
-position your front camera at eye level
-create a distance of around 3 feet between your face, and the camera
-at the time of the picture being taken, ensure your face is neutral

This can be done via either of the three methods, 1. A friend taking the photo of you 2. Placing the device on a surface which sets the camera at eye level, with a photo timer 3. Taking the image in a mirror, whilst standing 3 feet away, with the front camera at eye level (on the side of your face).

Front profile
Simply look straight ahead with a neutral face position and correct posture.
IMG 3291

Side Profile
Almost everyone I see posting their “side profile” does it terribly wrong.

IMG 8390
This isn’t a side profile, this is just the side of the head. To take a side profile, you must be facing forward, align the side of your shoulder with the front of the camera and face forward, the exact same as front profile expect your body is facing a different direction.
IMG 8389

This is pretty much all you need for an accurate rating. Please don’t make this side profile mistake, I see it everywhere polluting this forum.

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air and Adelholzener
erm honey we already have a thread like this

• +1
Reactions: YugoDutch and sb23
@every-greycell-thinking-about-requesting-a-rating

erm honey we already have a thread like this

Fuck I’m so stupid. I just saw a bunch of messed up side profile pictures so felt the need

Fuck I’m so stupid. I just say I bunch of messed up side profile pictures so felt the need
its okay dw bhai :feelsbadman:
there are worst threads, your thread is alright

• +1
Reactions: sb23
For the longest time I have seen plenty of horrible entry’s in the rating section, this probably due to lack of information on how to properly take pictures. I will give a short guide on how to take rating pictures properly, in order to receive a non bias rating.

How to position your device
Everyone should be familiar with lens distortion by now. In order to minimise this as much as possible, we will be using the following setup:
-position your front camera at eye level
-create a distance of around 3 feet between your face, and the camera
-at the time of the picture being taken, ensure your face is neutral

This can be done via either of the three methods, 1. A friend taking the photo of you 2. Placing the device on a surface which sets the camera at eye level, with a photo timer 3. Taking the image in a mirror, whilst standing 3 feet away, with the front camera at eye level (on the side of your face).

Front profile
Simply look straight ahead with a neutral face position and correct posture.

Side Profile
Almost everyone I see posting their “side profile” does it terribly wrong.

This isn’t a side profile, this is just the side of the head. To take a side profile, you must be facing forward, align the side of your shoulder with the front of the camera and face forward, the exact same as front profile expect your body is facing a different direction.

This is pretty much all you need for an accurate rating. Please don’t make this side profile mistake, I see it everywhere polluting this forum.
u manipulated me into opening this thread nigga

• +1
Reactions: sb23
the example you posted is shit, it's not in frankfurt plane and is in fact giga frauded to fake the forward position of the jaw, the first picture that you criticized is actually more reliable.

frankfurt plane is measured from the tragus to the bottom of the orbital.

it makes all the difference too, because instead of thinking that this is his profile, which would make you assume he's very forward grown with a low gonial angle

it's actually this and you realize that his chin is recessed and his gonial angle is high.

• +1
Reactions: Clavicular, boss8055 and sb23
Fuck I’m so stupid. I just saw a bunch of messed up side profile pictures so felt the need
Your life must be quite sad to put in so much effort on this forum to help people take rating pictures. Have nothing better to do?

the example you posted is shit, it's not in frankfurt plane and is in fact giga frauded to fake the forward position of the jaw, the first picture that you criticized is actually more reliable.

View attachment 3134171
frankfurt plane is measured from the tragus to the bottom of the orbital.

View attachment 3134196

it makes all the difference too, because instead of thinking that this is his profile, which would make you assume he's very forward grown with a low gonial angle

View attachment 3134201

it's actually this and you realize that his chin is recessed and his gonial angle is high.

View attachment 3134203
Could you delete this embarrassment of a thread or will it stay on my record forever?