Ignoring people

vratisevojvodo

vratisevojvodo

My Dad is a War Criminal
I'm pretty good at ignoring people as long as I don't have any kind of connection to them. Random strangers making comments about something I did? No problem for me. I can filter them out and don't even need drugs for that.

But what if there is a person (let's say a half-brother) who is regularly trying to provoke an argument just for the argument's sake? Or for whatever other reason, like he's bored, unsatisfied with his life, feels lonely, or angry at somebody else and too chicken to take it out on them?

I don't want to go into details here. And sure, I could simply block his number and that would be it. But he's still my brother, and there was a time when we got along pretty well. Blocking him would be the same as cutting him out of my life, and I don't want to do that.

Yet he keeps texting once a month with some annoying comment, and it's obvious he does it on purpose. Today I managed to forget about it (or not because I'm creating this post) thanks to my dogs who came jumping in just when I saw his first (harmless) message.

But other times,especially when I'm stressed, this really gets to me. Thus my question:

How do you ignore people or comments you can't just avoid?