im 6'6

WhoTookVendetta

WhoTookVendetta

𐕣 VENDETTA 𐕣

Bone Lengthening Process

1. Initial Surgery:

• Surgical Procedure: The first step involves a surgical procedure where an orthopedic surgeon performs an osteotomy, which is the surgical cutting of the bone. This is typically done in a hospital setting and not as a DIY project, but I'll explain the general idea.
  • Placement of the Frame: After the bone is cut, a limb lengthening frame is attached to the bone. This frame is an external device that stabilizes the bone and allows for gradual lengthening. In a clinical setting, this frame is usually attached with pins or screws that penetrate through the skin into the bone.
2. Gradual Lengthening:

• Distraction Phase: Once the frame is in place, the bone is allowed to begin healing. During this time, the frame is gradually adjusted to create a gap between the cut ends of the bone. This process is called distraction osteogenesis. The frame is adjusted slowly, typically by 0.5 to 1 millimeter per day.
  • Bone Regrowth: As the bone is stretched, new bone tissue forms in the gap, gradually lengthening the bone. This process takes several months, depending on how much lengthening is desired.
3. Adjustments:

• Daily Adjustments: Using the limb lengthening frame, I made small daily adjustments to gradually increase the length of the bone. This involved turning screws or knobs on the frame to apply gentle tension. It’s crucial to make these adjustments slowly and precisely to avoid complications.
  • Monitoring and Maintenance: I monitored the bone’s response to the adjustments, checking for signs of discomfort or issues. Regular medical check-ups are typically required in professional settings to ensure that the bone is healing correctly.
4. Post-Lengthening:

• Consolidation Phase: After reaching the desired length, the bone needs time to consolidate and strengthen. During this phase, the lengthening frame is usually left in place to provide stability as the new bone tissue solidifies.
  • Physical Therapy: Continued physical therapy is essential to help the muscles and joints adapt to the new bone length and prevent stiffness or weakness.
5. Removal of the Frame:

• Frame Removal: Once the bone has fully consolidated and healed, the lengthening frame can be removed. This typically involves another surgical procedure to carefully take out the pins or screws and the external frame.
  • Final Recovery: After the frame is removed, there’s a final recovery period where the bone and surrounding tissues adjust fully to their new length. Continued physical therapy helps ensure full function and strength.

• JFL
Reactions: looksmaxxing223
I am 5'6

• So Sad
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: looksmaxxing223, PlayersGetPlayed and WhoTookVendetta