I'm a stocks retard. Sell or hold?

D

Deleted member 10782

Silver
20201205 012921 20201205 012910

To me it just feels like gambling.

If I sell now, I will get approximately $2700 profit which is not bad, but nothing life-changing.

If I hold for 10 years maybe the amount will become life-changing, or maybe it will tank.

Or I could sell and reinvest.

Is there any logic to this or are equities just long-term gambling?

• +1
Reactions: DoctorPMA
Hold u retard

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10782
Hold yea

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10782
No telling really rn cuz of covid, I'd say hold.

View attachment 849311View attachment 849312

To me it just feels like gambling.

If I sell now, I will get approximately $2700 profit which is not bad, but nothing life-changing.

If I hold for 10 years maybe the amount will become life-changing, or maybe it will tank.

Or I could sell and reinvest.

isn't gambling if you properly diversify your portfolio and hold for long time

if you just keep for short intervalls of a few months up to a year it's basically gambling if you don't have insider information

but saying that you could just hold ETFs of some underlying index and you'll have your average of 8% anual return compounding to 215% over 10 years

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Tb62 and RAITEIII
If you don't know how to monitor stocks then sell and reinvest

all in pltr

• JFL
Reactions: sytyl
Sell half, you know, just in case.

sell now
buy when the real meltdown starts

Why is that better than holding for 5 years?
Because you don't know how that stock is going to perform throughout the next 5 years, if you really want to hold just cash out and put half back in on hold and reinvest the other half into other stocks

buy gbpusd or gbpjpy, if brexit deals go through shit will rise (risky)

Its a risk but there is logic to it. For example look at some of your stocks price years ago and where they are now. Ideally you need to keep track of what companies are doing and read their financial statements if you know how. You can diversify and invest in other stocks too to reduce risk. If you want "safer" option look into ETF (collection of stocks in one package). If you take out your money and just leave in your account they are just going to be eaten up by inflation. I'm not a professional by any means

isn't gambling if you properly diversify your portfolio and hold for long time

if you just keep for short intervalls of a few months up to a year it's basically gambling if you don't have insider information

but saying that you could just hold ETFs of some underlying index and you'll have your average of 8% anual return compounding to 215% over 10 years
have you invested in index funds yet?