I’m at my wits’ end with this girl

cutie_pie

cutie_pie

Geschsmacksverirrung
Hello everyone,

Long story short: my (28M) girlfriend (25F) of 5 years cheated on me with my brother (27M). And this isn't even the worst part.

The worst part is that everyone around me, including my parents, is telling me that this isn't a big deal. They insist I should just accept it, as everyone is free to live their life as they see fit, and I shouldn't feel anger, frustration, or sadness.

What's even more distressing is that I had a great relationship with both my girlfriend and my brother. Remarkably, my brother and I never had a single fight during our childhood, making this betrayal even more unexpected. I didn't see this coming at all. Not one, but two betrayal at the same time! Coming from the two people I trusted more!

Now, if my girlfriend had cheated on me with anyone else, I would have simply cut ties with her and moved forward. However, the issue here is that I can't simply remove my brother from my life due to our familial connection.

Despite my emotions, they seem indifferent to how I'm feeling and continue to be present in my daily life, which I find increasingly unbearable. No matter how hard I tried to have a dialogue with them, they keep dating. It appears that no one truly cares about my situation, and nobody has even made an effort to offer assistance.

It has been seven months since this happened, and yet I haven't experienced even a slight improvement in my emotional state.

How can I find a way to move on from this?

Thank you.

• Hmm...
Reactions: cutie_pie