im fucking recessed bimax, genio or both???

redrum64389

redrum64389

Bronze
VideoCapture 20220920 205225
VideoCapture 20220920 205221

bimax probs

Show us a pic from the front of your lower third and i'll tell you if it's really bad.

But judging by those pics alone yes you are recessed obviously

Show us a pic from the front of your lower third and i'll tell you if it's really bad.

But judging by those pics alone yes you are recessed obviously
Look at my profile

trimax . of course you re recessed , 80 % of people are recessed.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Growth Plate and MakinMogReturns
Looks like you have an overbite yeah but you still jawmog me. I’d get it fixed anyway.

you don’t need upper jaw advancement

just lower jaw, genio

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
Could get away with genio instead of bsso

• +1
Reactions: redrum64389
  • +1
Reactions: CristianT, redrum64389, Deleted member 17244 and 1 other person
you don’t need upper jaw advancement

just lower jaw, genio
no he needs Ramus Distraction, EASE with Transpalatal Distractor, MSDO, IMDO alongside Le Fort 3 Distraction, Geniopaully, MLF3 osteotomy, Le Fort 1 osteotomy + BSSO, Monobloc and Cranial Vault Distraction Osteogenesis

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: redrum64389, bogii, aBetterMii and 3 others
Thoughts on my plan?

Attachments

• DJS.JPG
    DJS.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 0
  • dj5.JPG
    dj5.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 0
  • dj4.JPG
    dj4.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 0
  • dj3.JPG
    dj3.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 0
  • dj2.JPG
    dj2.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 0
  • djs1.JPG
    djs1.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19036 and redrum64389
Always do bimax first. Then do find tuning of forward and width eith genio or wrap around

2BE48CCF 1BFA 41DC B118 98F2B11BA81E

• Love it
Reactions: latincell95, Deleted member 19036, redrum64389 and 1 other person
Thoughts on my plan?
Definitely go for the bimax one.

Don’t take the genio one. Your lower jaw is clearly behind. Genio is for the chin. Which is also slightly recessed so a genii ontop the bimax is ideal. Many docs suggest genio instead of full on bimax because bimax is months sometimes years of treatment and a hard recovery where you won’t be normal for months.

Personally if I was you I would do bimax. You already look decent. And looks like you would greatly benefit from it.

You have a very good base.

Don’t take the genio one. Your lower jaw is clearly behind. Genio is for the chin. Which is also slightly recessed so a genii ontop the bimax is ideal. Many docs suggest genio instead of full on bimax because bimax is months sometimes years of treatment and a hard recovery where you won’t be normal for months.

Personally if I was you I would do bimax. You already look decent. And looks like you would greatly benefit from it.

What do you mean I have a very good base. From side on my jaw disappears but all other angles look good. Also I got no chin

So. A genii just try to mask the recession. Which doesn’t really work as your face won’t become fuller in the maxillomandibular complex. Which is a huge part in the face.

If you’re in it for the looks genio only is a shitty solution.

Btw I’m getting bimax as well and had the same options. I chose bimax + genio if needed

What do you mean I have a very good base. From side on my jaw disappears but all other angles look good. Also I got no chin
Very good base to means you already don’t look too bad besides the obvious recession.

And I mean that you look like you will greatly benefit from a bimax. Some faces don’t really change. You look like it can improve your face massively despite it not being too bad looking.

Very good base to means you already don’t look too bad besides the obvious recession.

And I mean that you look like you will greatly benefit from a bimax. Some faces don’t really change. You look like it can improve your face massively despite it not being too bad looking.
Should I try for another surgeon? Apparnetly this plan won’t have enough of an aesthetic difference

Should I try for another surgeon? Apparnetly this plan won’t have enough of an aesthetic difference
Im not a professional so idk. I can only Tell you my opinion.

What I did I would advise you as well.

In generell it’s good to get many opinions from many surgeons. I consulted 5 surgeons or so. You don’t have to Ask that many but definitely don’t just take the first plan that’s handed you cause you were to lazy to ask others.

Then what I did is I took fotos of myself and edited to how I want to look and even send the surgeons what I wanted to look like. I only had positive experience with that strategy honestly. Either the surgeon told me my edited fotos don’t look human. Or agreed or even shifted their opinion on what the movements should be. Just don’t be annoying and pretend like you know stuff about surgery. Because you don’t. Wthey are the professionals and it’s disrespectful to not acknowledge that. But still sending pictures and openly discussing goals was really helpful to me.

And the last thing I did was I pushed my jaw forward as much as I could and took pictures of it. I also measured how far I can extent my jaw (which I think is standard practice anyways for orthos to do before bimax). Then I compared those jaw pushed forward pictures with my edited pictures to get a rough idea of how much advancement my edited pictures are. Are they less or more advanced than me pushing my jaw forward as much as possible?

Obviously this all is effort but it’s worth it for me. I wanna know I did my best for an optimal result to not sit there in the end I happy and feeling with what could have been.

In generell it’s good to get many opinions from many surgeons. I consulted 5 surgeons or so. You don’t have to Ask that many but definitely don’t just take the first plan that’s handed you cause you were to lazy to ask others.

Then what I did is I took fotos of myself and edited to how I want to look and even send the surgeons what I wanted to look like. I only had positive experience with that strategy honestly. Either the surgeon told me my edited fotos don’t look human. Or agreed or even shifted their opinion on what the movements should be. Just don’t be annoying and pretend like you know stuff about surgery. Because you don’t. Wthey are the professionals and it’s disrespectful to not acknowledge that. But still sending pictures and openly discussing goals was really helpful to me.

And the last thing I did was I pushed my jaw forward as much as I could and took pictures of it. I also measured how far I can extent my jaw (which I think is standard practice anyways for orthos to do before bimax). Then I compared those jaw pushed forward pictures with my edited pictures to get a rough idea of how much advancement my edited pictures are. Are they less or more advanced than me pushing my jaw forward as much as possible?

Obviously this all is effort but it’s worth it for me. I wanna know I did my best for an optimal result to not sit there in the end I happy and feeling with what could have been.
Or you can do it like many others here. Seek out a surgeon you trust and let him do his thing. Worked for many people.

• +1
T

hen isn’t it expensive to consult tons of surgeons?

Or you can do it like many others here. Seek out a surgeon you trust and let him do his thing. Worked for many people.
Not many good surgeons in Australia

T

hen isn’t it expensive to consult tons of surgeons?
If I sum it all up I paid like 550€ For the consults.

Im paying 15k for the bimax itself. 10k for braces. And some here n there for other related stuff. So the consults weren’t really a painpoint.

Not many good surgeons in Australia
I just realized. The long text I wrote was for OP. Not for you. All I saw was a grey name tag so I went with it.

Obviously my text still applys for you as well as it’s very generic. But with good base I meant OP. Not you.

I just realized. The long text I wrote was for OP. Not for you. All I saw was a grey name tag so I went with it.

Obviously my text still applys for you as well as it’s very generic. But with good base I meant OP. Not you.
Is maxilla recessed

If you need something like bimax, you do not have a good base as surgeries often go wrong.

Don't bother with this shit just get genio and jaw fillers and call it a day

• +1
Looks like you need bsso and/or genio.

• +1
unironically over. sorry bud

• +1

Did you just pick the most well known surgeons regardless of consult cost?

Did you just pick the most well known surgeons regardless of consult cost?
I went to Ramieri, Alfaro, Zarrinbal, and two local ones that no one here knows.

So i didn’t go to that guy that takes 2k per consult or so. But it was good to get opinions of surgeons that I know focus on looks.

The local ones first impressed me by their opinions so i actually had a try with them. But the organization of the surgery wasn’t how I wanted it. In the end they weren’t even actually doing my planning but someone else. I wasn’t happy with the resulting plan and ditched the surgery.

Now going with a known surgeon.

Is maxilla recessed
Looks fine to me. But obviously it can still be recessed and you just have a thick lip or so.

But just going from this picture it looks fine.
Maybe you have inwards slanted teeth So the lower jaw didn’t develop properly. But maybe your maxilla is recessed idk.

But judging by the position of your nose and the overall look your maxilla is fine.

bimax at the least