I'm getting jaw surgery on the 26th. What exactly is wrong with my side profile? (picture) (please help me)

Quest

Quest

I refuse to die until things are better
4177492 GPVAEn XgAA4kkO
GPZaYyAaUAAEXoI
GPZaYyAaoAAzK2U
GPZaYyAboAEgBey

My side profile looks horrendous. Whats wrong with it and how do I fix it? What do I ask my bluepilled surgeon for when he does Bimax?

What's your bf?

Your mento-labial fold is very deep. Unusually for this forum your chin has too much CCW rotation. Lastly, maxilla is recessed.

I don't think lower jaw is that bad tbh. MTN range or better.

Your mento-labial fold is very deep. Unusually for this forum your chin has too much CCW rotation. Lastly, maxilla is recessed.

How did you manage to get this conclusion with only his lefort 1 area showed?

How did you manage to get this conclusion with only his lefort 1 area showed?
yeah no idea on the paranasal area/upper maxilla. Imo ideally the nasiolabial angle should be reduced. Looks like 120 degs to me. Probably 3mm forward LF1 with slight CW (not CCW) rotation is ideal.

I wouldn't do jaw surgery for pure aesthetics in this case...doesn't seem worth it. But if you are doing it for bite/airways why not fix this stuff? Interested to hear what other posters here have to say...

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: cryoto
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: emo and say∅

So do I tell my surgeon to do a CW rotation?

• +1
Reactions: SwollenNotSwole
yeah no idea on the paranasal area/upper maxilla. Imo ideally the nasiolabial angle should be reduced. Looks like 120 degs to me. Probably 3mm forward LF1 with slight CW (not CCW) rotation is ideal.

I wouldn't do jaw surgery for pure aesthetics in this case...doesn't seem worth it. But if you are doing it for bite/airways why not fix this stuff? Interested to hear what other posters here have to say...

My orthodontist is working with my jaw surgeon on this case. He said he recommended a 7mm forward maxilla movement and 7mm forward mandibular movement. Are those movements too much? I want as drastic of a difference as possible to the point where I look like a completely different person

I'm doing jaw surgery for pure aesthetics, but my insurance is covering it so according to them theres a functional issue with my jaw

7mm forward maxilla movement seems too big (mandible 7mm is not but you don't need it). But b/c you didn't post/dm photo of your upper maxilla it's impossible to tell. Tell ur surgeon this.

- want CW rotation
- want to reduce nasiolabial angle by at least 10 degs
- want genio to fix mento-labial fold (M-shaped osteotomy to get rid of butt chin)

If you are doing this for asthetics, which is cool, don't be a retard and do 3d planning with custom plates.

• +1
Reactions: Quest
7mm forward maxilla movement seems too big (mandible 7mm is not but you don't need it). But b/c you didn't post/dm photo of your upper maxilla it's impossible to tell. Tell ur surgeon this.

- want CW rotation
- want genio to fix mento-labial fold (M-shaped osteotomy to get rid of butt chin)

If you are doing this for asthetics, which is cool, don't be a retard and do 3d planning with custom plates.

Check PM

- want CW rotation

Started a convo with you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back