I'm having trouble understanding how the environment can trigger a mutation in the DNA

Deleted member 1973

Deleted member 1973

pastebin.com/Tb8AYcyk
How do I mutate my genes?​

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
  • JFL
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Shodredux, Deleted member 1100, Deleted member 2227 and 1 other person
Radiationmaxx

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Shodredux, Deleted member 2227, Peachy and 1 other person
watch edgy emo shit an get red eyes

• Woah
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Shodredux, Deleted member 2227 and Deleted member 1973
edgy emo shit an get red eyes

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

@BigBoy

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Shodredux, Deleted member 2227 and BigBoy
In all seriousness, I'm a completely different pheno than all of my family including my brother. For better or for worse. It's obvious too me why, I've traveled the most, I've exercised ever since I was young, I've eaten healthy since I was 15, and I believe I've generally just done unusual activities for people from my family. I strongly believe that the environment you're in determines the expression of genes over time. You need to keep stress low in order for this to occur but you can definitely maximise your ancestral genetic inheritance (jfl at these words) if you confront the world and all its complexities.
Radiationmaxx

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 1973
Pheno could have been from your ancestor.
Yeah maybe. I don't think there's anything which is inherently more attractive about people who turn on their genetic code. I think it's an opportunity to phenomax but it's dubious since you're doing something which science finds difficulty recognising

So, your body does things to keep itself alive (Homeostasis), where it has to perceive all the things that happen in your environment, so it can decide what it does in the inside (this is happening right now and every time you're alive), during this process, your body can have mutations that either fuck you up or not.

Want to mutate your genes?

Do anything or don't do anything, that will happen anyways, but keep it mind there isn't any simple mutation that will make you a 7 foot 8 PSL gigachad.

• +1
Tbh I do not understand it either. I think epigenetics is one of those things maybe 1 person in 100 understands, and most everyone else just pretends to understand

• +1
i could start quoting 300 studies but in short : live an optimal low stress, high physical activity lifestlye with a perfect diet and avoid toxins for a long time and your genes may change, denpending on wheter you have ''resting'' them or not.
if you dont possess the genes required youll never turn them on obviously

i heard once enviroment can only active/deactiviate certain genes (yes not every gene is active apparently.)

look into epigenetics for further info (i never put much thought into it)

Have a sugar spoon of uranium 235

Environment doesnt change your genes, it just activates/turns off some genes. For example, if there is a gene that transcribes a HGH producing protein, it would probably be active more or active less based on the environment.

• +1
Reactions: hebbewem
It’s Like when you put a cucumber up your ass everyday and it stretches that alters your dna so if you have kids they can be born with very long droopey stretched anoos just like you

cucumbermaxxx

It can be spontaneous as well, you need to biologymax tbh