I'm quite sure I have a GABA/glutamate dysfunction

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
> tics and OCD tendencies since early childhood
> overactive sympathetic nervous system, increased stress and feeling burnt out
> autistic tendencies during childhood and retardation of social development, insecurities
> alcohol temporarily relieves most symptoms (it's a strong GABA agonist and glutamate antagonist)

This explains why alcohol works like a miracle for me. It temporarily increases GABA activity by mimicking its effects and decreases glutamate activity in the brain, making me feel normal. Does anyone know how to permanently rebalance GABA and glutamate in the brain?

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Drugs, RAITEIII and IWantToMax
Pretty much same, except I still feel blocked in doing certain things on alcohol, but I act way more NT

Could it be as simple as a GABA supp or something? Idk much about this wish @x30001 was here

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax
> tics and OCD tendencies since early childhood
> overactive sympathetic nervous system, increased stress and feeling burnt out
> autistic tendencies during childhood and retardation of social development, insecurities
> alcohol temporarily relieves most symptoms (it's a strong GABA agonist and glutamate antagonist)

This explains why alcohol works like a miracle for me. It temporarily increases GABA activity by mimicking its effects and decreases glutamate activity in the brain, making me feel normal. Does anyone know how to permanently rebalance GABA and glutamate in the brain?
phenibut will relieve literally all these problems. It would be like magic to you no joke. Look into cycling it into your lifestyle.

Pretty much same, except I still feel blocked in doing certain things on alcohol, but I act way more NT
I'm doing my research on the whole thing and I feel like I'm heading in the right direction. Basically an overactive glutamatergic system and repressed GABAergic system in the brain. I also think I have a GABA excess and glutamate deficiency in the body which would explain the diagnosis of a chronic GI tract disease at 18 yo. I need less GABA in the body and more in the brain, with glutamate the other way around.
Could it be as simple as a GABA supp or something? Idk much about this wish @x30001 was here
Unfortunately it isn't. Pure GABA doesn't cross the blood brain barrier and would increase intestinal permeability by binding to GABAA receptors in the GI tract.

Phenibut is capable of crossing the blood-brain barrier and attaches primarily to the GABAB receptors in the brain but it causes dependence and doesn't fix the underlying cause(s).
phenibut will relieve literally all these problems. It would be like magic to you no joke. Look into cycling it into your lifestyle.
Ik but it's addictive and doesn't fix the underlying cause(s).
Bump

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: LordNorwood and IWantToMax

Users who are viewing this thread

Back