I'm really bad at maths and science is this low IQ?

Deleted member 2597

Deleted member 2597

Kraken
Probaly yes

What good jobs can you do with history and English and philosophy, I mean high paying ones ofc.

it's highly correlated to prefrontal cortex development so if you're still bad as an adult, pretty much

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464 and Deleted member 2597
yeah im dumb as fuck i dont even remember how to multiply

i nearly failed math in hs. while there is a genetic component with excelling at math a lot of it is hard work. Asians are perceived as more quantitatively inclined not because they are naturally smarter but because from an early age their school curriculum favors being quantitative inclined. Asians that i knew in school also had superior study habits.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2597
i nearly failed math in hs. while there is a genetic component with excelling at math a lot of it is hard work. asians are perceived as more quantitatively inclined not because they are naturally smarter but because from an early age their school curriculum favors being quantitative inclined. asian people that i knew in school also had superior study habits.
I'm black, not asian.

Just learn how proofs come about from equations tbh

I'm black, not asian.
i didnt imply that you were asian. i was talking about the perception that asians are better at maths and that it isnt because they are naturally quantitatively smarter than other races but because their educational system favors being quantitative over qualitative skills compared to western societies. asians that i know seemed to have a higher frequency of helicopter parents who pushed them through school and ingrained that getting good grades and a good job was absolutely necessary to living a fulfilling life which contributed to superior study habits.

• +1
i didnt imply that you were asian. i was talking about the perception that asians are better at maths and that it isnt because they are naturally quantitatively smarter than other races but because their educational system favors being quantitative over qualitative skills compared to western societies. my asian friends also seemed to have a high frequency of helicopter parents who pushed them through school and engrained that getting good grades and a good job was absolutely necessary to living a fulfilling life
My dad leiterally says if I don't pass my GCSE he'll kick me out of his house.

• JFL
Reactions: LordNorwood
Math and physics are my strongest subjects

Can't relate

• +1
Reactions: AbandonShip and LordNorwood
Sure greycel

Medicinecel btw
Do you know any good degrees that require subjects like english and history and philosophy.

If ur a Medcinecel your high iq, tbh.

Do you know any good degrees that require subjects like english and history and philosophy.

If ur a Medcinecel your high iq, tbh.
No tbh
Maybe lawyer? Idk

Philosophy is high IQ though

• +1
Ur black bro

If you do subpar on the sat claim it's racist beause apparently unis are being sued for this ayy lmao

You can always improve

If you are legitimately bad at math you are almost certainly not high IQ tbh

Ur black bro

If you do subpar on the sat claim it's racist beause apparently unis are being sued for this ayy lmao
I don't do the sat, I live in fucking England, the shittiest first world country. In Shitgland we do the gcse. I'm trying to find a way to go to college in America, instead of in England cus I hate the country. But, I have to pass my gcse, so I can go into A levels so I can eventually apply to a uni in America.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
I don't do the sat, I live in fucking England, the shittiest first world country. In Shitgland we do the gcse. I'm trying to find a way to go to college in America, instead of in England cus I hate the country. But, I have to pass my gcse, so I can go into A levels so I can eventually apply to a uni in America.
Gcse is the same shit

Depends. Even if you are high iq you still need to put effort.
However if you are not getting the desired result after putting in effort then you are most likely low iq.
For example i was only above average in maths in my class because i never paid much attention to it.
But i was the at the top of my class in physics because of how obsessed i was with it.

Yes.

Never heard of a high-IQ guy who was bad at math.
Depends. Even if you are high iq you still need to put effort.
However if you are not getting the desired result after putting in effort then you are most likely low iq.
For example i was only above average in maths in my class because i never paid much attention to it.
But i was the at the top of my class in physics because of how obsessed i was with it.
Cope.

In Math, someone's who is truly high-IQ will get the concepts real quick.

USUALLY yes.
Look, thing is math and science is a good indicator of your iq, since they work on understanding abstract subjects in depth.
Literature works mostly on memory.

Yes.

Never heard of a high-IQ guy who was bad at math.

Cope.

In Math, someone's who is truly high-IQ will get the concepts real quick.
Getting the concepts is easy.
Doing tough problems and applying those concepts is difficult.
Physics is way more difficult than maths btw

No. It just means you don’t wanna sit down and study for long periods of times.