I'm seeing a maxillofacial surgeon this month.

D

Deleted member 10699

Solstice
NnwwGuN

E0X3sJ3
I'm gonna tell him the truth, that I have trouble with breathing through my nose, etc., and that I have an overbite. Anyways, what operation will I need to fix my profile? I have always had problems with nosebreathing since I was a kid because I didn't know about how to breath properly, even though some people tried to teach me.

Like, will a genioplasty be a good idea, or do I need bimax? I mean, my chin is recessed, but not super recessed. This, and a lip lift, are going to be my looksmaxxing surgeries if I get them.

Last edited:
post front pic too

Last edited:
u need bimax and genio

u need bimax and genio
What would happen if I only get genio? I legit don't want to have bimax because of how costy it's and because of the treatments.

View attachment 905296

Still need to get to 12 bf to make my bones to truly show up, and, well, lip lift to change midface failo.

I asked for the front pic to see your nose width. Understand that this surgery will widen your nostrils noticeably, even when the Alar Cinch is performed (done during bimax to minimise the widening).

A bimax would certainly improve your side profile, however, your will likely desire a rhinoplasty afterwards to return your nose to its current width again.

This means your probably committing to at least 2 surgeries, and if you advance your upper jaw more than 2mm then you can call it 3 (will then need upper midface augmentation to keep balance between paranasal projection and cheekbone projection).

Whats wrong with your breathing? Do you have an inability to breathe through your nose because its blocked? If not, whats wrong precisely?

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel
Yeah, I know that. I mean, what would happen if I get genio but not bimax?

something like this
Unknown

And your breathing function would be completely unaffected by genioplasty.

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator and MentalistKebab
I asked for the front pic to see your nose width. Understand that this surgery will widen your nostrils noticeably, even when the Alar Cinch is performed (done during bimax to minimise the widening).

A bimax would certainly improve your side profile, however, your will likely desire a rhinoplasty afterwards to return your nose to its current width again.

This means your probably committing to at least 2 surgeries, and if you advance your upper jaw more than 2mm then you can call it 3 (will then need upper midface augmentation to keep balance between paranasal projection and cheekbone projection).

Whats wrong with your breathing? Do you have an inability to breathe through your nose because its blocked? If not, whats wrong precisely?
I can breath through my nose, but my airways are kind of blocked. So I don't get filled, if you know what I mean. Then, I'll only get genio.

I can breath through my nose, but my airways are kind of blocked. So I don't get filled, if you know what I mean. Then, I'll only get genio.

Do you have sleep apnea? Do you wake up at night with a dry mouth?

will then need upper midface augmentation to keep balance between paranasal projection and cheekbone projection
Could you elaborate on that please? What do you mean by paranasal projection?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
I wake up with a really dry mouth.

Ok well bimax will fix this, and improve your looks overall. Sadly your nose is quite wide but still proportional to your front view, so it will be a bit too wide after bimax.

Its a worthwhile investment to get bimax to fix your breathing, looks aside it will improve your sleep quality for the rest of your life (and make you more energetic and happier for the rest of your life because of this).

You will just need to bite the bullet, save up after bimax and get a rhinoplasty if you care a lot about your looks in a perfectionist way.

The bimax is worth it because despite making your nose width worth, it will improve your jaw and lower maxilla, so I'd wager that you will overall improve only slightly, by replacing one failo for another failo. This makes it worth it because you can get a rhinoplasty later in life, and enjoy improved sleep in the meantime and thereafter.

• +1
Reactions: imnotgay
Could you elaborate on that please? What do you mean by paranasal projection?

Bimax (when done in large movements, this doesn't apply to subtle results) increases projection in the red area while leaving the blue area behind:

a1f0a1dc4a49c2b618e8c6fe3ba88bba.png

red is paranasal, blue is what I mean by upper midface.

This is what it looks like. This guy had bimax but no upper midface projection afterwards, so there is an imbalance between the above blue and red circled areas:

39d45ef03e86ccd5e73ba5652b9ece33.png

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe, Pumanator and imnotgay
Ok well bimax will fix this, and improve your looks overall. Sadly your nose is quite wide but still proportional to your front view, so it will be a bit too wide after bimax.

Its a worthwhile investment to get bimax to fix your breathing, looks aside it will improve your sleep quality for the rest of your life (and make you more energetic and happier for the rest of your life because of this).

You will just need to bite the bullet, save up after bimax and get a rhinoplasty if you care a lot about your looks in a perfectionist way.

The bimax is worth it because despite making your nose width worth, it will improve your jaw and lower maxilla, so I'd wager that you will overall improve only slightly, by replacing one failo for another failo. This makes it worth it because you can get a rhinoplasty later in life, and enjoy improved sleep in the meantime and thereafter.
So it's this one of the reasons of why I'm always tired?

So it's this one of the reasons of why I'm always tired?

Oh 100% bro. Thats why imo you should get this done, even if it does make your nose too wide, it will improve your lower third a lot and you can save up for rhinoplasty later, or you simply will get used to the wider nostrils and wont mind, but your sleep quality will be improved permanently.

Oh 100% bro. Thats why imo you should get this done, even if it does make your nose too wide, it will improve your lower third a lot and you can save up for rhinoplasty later, or you simply will get used to the wider nostrils and wont mind, but your sleep quality will be improved permanently.
I will speak with the surgeon first, of course. But I'll keep this in mind. 👍. Thank you.

• +1
I will speak with the surgeon first, of course. But I'll keep this in mind. 👍. Thank you.

If you dont want to have a result where your upper midface and paranasal area remain in sync, then I suggest you dont go more than 2mm upper jaw advancement. This will limit your lower jaw advancement to around 5mm (because of the CCW that I presume you need, it looks like you will), but its worth it to be conservative and not end up with an unbalanced face that will then need additional surgeries (cheekbone augmentation).

Also I recommend not to go above 5mm genioplasty, more than that will make your chin too pointy and separated the the jaw and mouth, its not the best look to have.

• +1
Reactions: bimaximum and imnotgay
If you dont want to have a result where your upper midface and paranasal area remain in sync, then I suggest you dont go more than 2mm upper jaw advancement. This will limit your lower jaw advancement to around 5mm (because of the CCW that I presume you need, it looks like you will), but its worth it to be conservative and not end up with an unbalanced face that will then need additional surgeries (cheekbone augmentation).

Also I recommend not to go above 5mm genioplasty, more than that will make your chin too pointy and separated the the jaw and mouth, its not the best look to have.
My goal is not to have a super good chin. If my profile looks average, and I fix my breathing, I'm happy.

My goal is not to have a super good chin. If my profile looks average, and I fix my breathing, I'm happy.

Good then, get about 4mm genioplasty (dont go above 5mm). If you dont want to have to change your cheekbones at a later date (im presuming you dont), then stay at 2mm upper jaw max. Relay this information to your surgeon and make these aesthetic goals clear to him.

Keep us updated bro, or PM me anytime you get more surgical advice from your surgeon. I had this surgery myself starting with similar recession to you, same side profile shape, but more extreme recession than what you have.

If you have hard time breathing, and your palate is below average width you might also consider MSE just for health benefits too.

Ronald Ead literally fixed his chronic migrane with MSE.

If you have hard time breathing, and your palate is below average width you might also consider MSE just for health benefits too.

Ronald Ead literally fixed his chronic migrane with MSE.
I don't have a hard time breathing. I just wake up always tired and I'm always with low-energy since I was a kid.

• Hmm...
Reactions: MentalistKebab
I don't have a hard time breathing. I just wake up always tired and I'm always with low-energy since I was a kid.
Isnt this sleep apnea ?

Bimax (when done in large movements, this doesn't apply to subtle results) increases projection in the red area while leaving the blue area behind:

This is what it looks like. This guy had bimax but no upper midface projection afterwards, so there is an imbalance between the above blue and red circled areas:

Oh fuck. I have already a bad under eye support (dark circles), so after my bimax it will be worse?? :feelswhy:

• +1
Oh fuck. I have already a bad under eye support (dark circles), so after my bimax it will be worse?? :feelswhy:

Yes but fear not, you can fix them with infraorbital implants. Custom designed ones look good, a very decent looksmax. Some maxillofacial surgeons offer a package deal where you get them placed at the same time as the bimax is performed, so you save money and dont have to go through an extra operation for it.

• +1

Do you know of any test to determine if the airways width is fine? I also happen to be tired and low energy through the day but would like to certify the possible breath issue before considering maxillo-facial surgery.

Do you know of any test to determine if the airways width is fine? I also happen to be tired and low energy through the day but would like to certify the possible breath issue before considering maxillo-facial surgery.
Can you nosebreath when you eat? I can't.

Have to get CT Scan (ask maxillofacial surgeon first the precise instructions for your CT Scan) and give to them, then book a consultation.

Most people though, a trained eye can tell just by looking.

If you look recessed, and have a dry mouth, its a safe bet that the recessed jaw is causing the sleep issues (airway too small to nose breathe, so you open jaw at night to compensate, hence the dry mouth).

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel and ItalianCesso
Do you have sleep apnea? Do you wake up at night with a dry mouth?
I don't have any issues with breathing through my nose or no issues sleeping. But i do get thirsty when i wake up in the morning

Oh I see now. But upper face augumentation? Thats unrealistic...
More like: you can only more the lf1 as far as your upper face allows. Thats why people who have recessed maxillas cant really 'ascend' with bimax - because they can only move very little

Can you nosebreath when you eat? I can't.
I think that’s too empirical, could just be a bad habit cemented in years. There are even fisioterapists specialized in fixing bad mouth breathing habits that can affect you while eating, speaking, etc.
I mean you don’t have a birdcel profile with obvious recession.

I think asking a doctor and doing a CT scan is the only way to know.

Have to get CT Scan (ask maxillofacial surgeon first the precise instructions for your CT Scan) and give to them, then book a consultation.

Most people though, a trained eye can tell just by looking.

If you look recessed, and have a dry mouth, its a safe bet that the recessed jaw is causing the sleep issues (airway too small to nose breathe, so you open jaw at night to compensate, hence the dry mouth).

thanks man, I’ll see if I can book in the next weeks

• +1
I think that’s too empirical, could just be a bad habit cemented in years. There are even fisioterapists specialized in fixing bad mouth breathing habits that can affect you while eating, speaking, etc.
I mean you don’t have a birdcel profile with obvious recession.

I think asking a doctor and doing a CT scan is the only way to know.
That's what I'm going to do. My issue is that I wake up with dry mouth, and could've never breath properly.

I think a projected upper midface section is a caucasoid trait. Plus they have projected nose bridges and aligned mouth area aka lower maxila that's why people say Whites have flat profiles. Add that with big chins and browridges.

Could be. Also another thing to note is that it is possible that scleral show will increase after bimax

• So Sad
I don't have any issues with breathing through my nose or no issues sleeping. But i do get thirsty when i wake up in the morning

Possible then, you can PM me your side profile I can give a better assessment. However the best one would be getting a CT Scan that showed the airway in the neck

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1751
Mirin that nose so hard.

Oh I see now. But upper face augumentation? Thats unrealistic...
More like: you can only more the lf1 as far as your upper face allows. Thats why people who have recessed maxillas cant really 'ascend' with bimax - because they can only move very little

No you can rarely ascend with bimax alone, but you can improve 1 area a lot then get implants after and ascend fully.

• +1
Yes but fear not, you can fix them with infraorbital implants. Custom designed ones look good, a very decent looksmax. Some maxillofacial surgeons offer a package deal where you get them placed at the same time as the bimax is performed, so you save money and dont have to go through an extra operation for it.
Ah ok i will ask. But i dont want to spend mire money you know. I thought bimax and eye surgery is enough. Damn

I think a projected upper midface section is a caucasoid trait. Plus they have projected nose bridges and aligned mouth area aka lower maxila that's why people say Whites have flat profiles. Add that with big chins and browridges.

Most people of all races have balanced upper mid face projections relative to their upper jaw

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1751
Ah ok i will ask. But i dont want to spend mire money you know. I thought bimax and eye surgery is enough. Damn

You could get bimax alone, but then you must have a subtle result to keep the balance. You will ascend much less overall than you would with stronger bimax + infraorbital implant, assuming you are truly recessed to start with.

• +1
You could get bimax alone, but then you must have a subtle result to keep the balance. You will ascend much less overall than you would with stronger bimax + infraorbital implant, assuming you are truly recessed to start with.
Can i pm you with pics later?

No you can rarely ascend with bimax alone, but you can improve 1 area a lot then get implants after and ascend fully.
I believe that jaw surgery can ascend me a lot, but my biggest failo is 0 browridge/non-projected supraorbitals. Basically female forehead. No implants for that I'm afraid...
It's not that my nose is problematic, is that browridge lacks so much it makes nose stand out too much

• +1
Get checked for sleep apnea before you do any kind of orthodontic procedure, this is more urgent than surgeries.

Go to a board-certified sleep doc and discuss Sleep Apnea/UARS(A type of sleep apnea caused by recession) with him. This will also get your surgeries covered by insurance if you are diagnosed with Sleep Apnea.

• +1
Reactions: ItalianCesso
Get checked for sleep apnea before you do any kind of orthodontic procedure, this is more urgent than surgeries.

Go to a board-certified sleep doc and discuss Sleep Apnea/UARS(A type of sleep apnea caused by recession) with him. This will also get your surgeries covered by insurance if you are diagnosed with Sleep Apnea.
Yeah, I'm going to get a scan by a maxillofacial surgeon.

Yeah, I'm going to get a scan by a maxillofacial surgeon.
I mean go to a board certified sleep doctor for sleep apnea.

A maxillofacial scan will not tell you that you have sleep apnea.