I'm switching surgeons

6ft4

6ft4

Juggernaut Genes Possessor
If I don't, I know I'll regret it because all of the warning signs are there that the current surgeon may not give me a satisfactory result
When you have that gut feeling that something is off with them, you simply cannot trust them with your face.
My hope now is that I can seamlessly switch to Ramieri and that he considers the current state of my orthodontics to be adequate for surgery

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, Deleted member 16683, ChristianChad and 3 others
Yakhi everything went fine what happened 🤔🤔🤙🤙?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18840
What signs are these?

What signs are these?
Every time we meet, it is like everything that has been discussed previously is out the window, remembers nothing
Unwillingness to listen to my concerns or even discuss fucking prices
Trying to add in a different procedure weeks before potential surgery when he could've brought this up months ago

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1140, Deleted member 16683, ChristianChad and 3 others
Every time we meet, it is like everything that has been discussed previously is out the window, remembers nothing
Trying to add in a different procedure weeks before potential surgery when he could've brought this up months ago
>has those issues
>goes to Ramieri

• JFL
Reactions: Corleone, ChristianChad, Oberyn and 1 other person
Good

yk he’ll have same attitude if he botches you

ofc if his reputation and track record were perfect I would be willing to overlook

• +1
Reactions: 6ft4
Rameiri is a faggot wait until you see lmao

• WTF
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729 and 6ft4
  • Woah
Reactions: ChristianChad
Good luck, unfortunate that your current surgeon was retarded

• +1
Reactions: 6ft4
The Young Pope GIF

its over for surgery prices.everyone is ramierimaxing i need to pay for my surgery asap :feelsuhh:

Last edited:
It pisses me off really. For them it's just another day, another 20 thousand dollars, and no comeback if they botch.

For us it's our life savings and our fucking faces that will be with us forever.

It sucks that you can't trust them but it's the truth and you need to research EVERYTHING about what you will have done to be able to keep them in line... while massaging their massive and precious egos so they don't just ditch you as a patient.

• +1
Reactions: eyebagcel, Deprived, Deleted member 2729 and 2 others
It pisses me off really. For them it's just another day, another 20 thousand dollars, and no comeback if they botch.

For us it's our life savings and our fucking faces that will be with us forever.

It sucks that you can't trust them but it's the truth and you need to research EVERYTHING about what you will have done to be able to keep them in line... while massaging their massive and precious egos so they don't just ditch you as a patient.
if you don't have money for revision never get any surgery in the first place. no you don't need to search anything just you need to know the basics that's it. jfl @ thinking surgeons will really listen to you.

if you don't have money for revision never get any surgery in the first place. no you don't need to search anything just you need to know basics that's it. jfl @ thinking surgeons will really listen to you.

First point agreed although it's bullshit that infections for example aren't warrantied. Second point semi-agreed - you can't convince them of much but you need to know when to give up and switch.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Oberyn

The one thing that would make me consider current surgeon again is the following:
He has studied my latest CT scan and proposes exact movements and provides a simulation of how this movements will look with no less than 5mm maxillary advancement and gives me a reasonable price with the nearest surgery date available (November)

If he fails to get in contact with me in the coming days and the November surgery slot is lost there is absolutely no reason to consider him

Something that concerns me is that he suggested to a guy from PSL a 4mm advancement of his maxilla despite him already having an anteface, yet with legit recessed people the most he seems to advance them is 4mm, it is literally just a blanket movement with no concern for the individual or aesthetics

Also the procedure he is trying to shill to me now is the exact same he tried to shill to another guy I speak to on here, months into the treatment process. He also mentions in the notes of one of his before/afters that a patient chose not to go with this procedure he shilled (was proof that he never needed it)

The one thing that would make me consider current surgeon again is the following:
He has studied my latest CT scan and proposes exact movements and provides a simulation of how this movements will look with no less than 5mm maxillary advancement and gives me a reasonable price with the nearest surgery date available (November)

If he fails to get in contact with me in the coming days and the November surgery slot is lost there is absolutely no reason to consider him

Something that concerns me is that he suggested to a guy from PSL a 4mm advancement of his maxilla despite him already having an anteface, yet with legit recessed people the most he seems to advance them is 4mm, it is literally just a blanket movement with no concern for the individual or aesthetics

Also the procedure he is trying to shill to me now is the exact same he tried to shill to another guy I speak to on here, months into the treatment process. He also mentions in the notes of one of his before/afters that a patient chose not to go with this procedure he shilled (was proof that he never needed it)
don't go to ramieri he is MINE

I seem to be in a similar boat to you.
I have a surgery booked in November, with surgeon just wanting to do 5mm of advancement (see my thread I posted).
He is not a famous surgeon, and thus has no good or bad reviews.

I am having the same problem as you - he forgets things previously told to him, and doesn't seem interested in me as an individual.
A lot of them I think are the top performers in their dental school, so get in to surgery for the obvious career benefits. If they had it their way I think they would just pull wisdom teeth all day.

You have to encounter a blackpilled surgeon that actually has a niche interest in the how's and the why's of this extremely important medical topic - otherwise they just churn out cookie cutter surgeries it seems.
You have a normal occlusion and you're not recessed , 5mm linear advancement would probably be fine for you
My issue is that I am recessed and I will likely only get 4mm advancement, 5 if I'm lucky, 3 if I'm unlucky
I can't take that risk when I need 5 minimum to get out of the recessed range

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
he wasnt really helpful for me and Ive heard similar stories. Doesnt change he is a good surgeon tho
What you were looking for? Bimax? Why he wasn't helpful. You can PM too if you want.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
Oh, he will take you on - do not worry about the current state of your orthodontics! Give him a call.

He just said yes to a kid who got bimax surgery less than three months ago.

The kid is beyond desperate, and he will get into debt again. I spoke with a few doctors about this, and they couldn't believe what I was asking them.

I decided to stay away from this kid because he is a real liability. Do not worry about Ramieri taking you on - I guarantee you will like his personality and ability to relate to your concerns.

Although I understand your reasons for disliking your current surgeon (there are possible reasons why that could be happening).

You will not have those issues with Ramieri. Now, if we're talking about results, that is entirely different.

Ramieri and any of the other popular surgeons here are more than qualified to help you.