Imagine being born a Roman Emperor

cromagnon

cromagnon

Beauty is a virtue
It's already so rare to be born

Then you somehow get lucky enough to rule over an empire that spans from Northern Africa to Northern England with 1/4 of the worlds population under your rule

A man can only dream

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Lirevk, KIVVV, deepfuckingvalue and 3 others

Literally the best life.

• +1
Reactions: Lirevk
I'll prooly get lynched tbh

• +1
Reactions: 8incheer
Only to be executed by your Praetorian Guard if you do some shit wrong or piss them off, and have other mfers (oftentimes your own family members) competing against you for the throne.

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: TUSSELEIF, KIVVV, MaghrebGator and 3 others
Only to be executed by your Praetorian Guard if you do some shit wrong or piss them off, and have other mfers (oftentimes your own family members) competing against you for the throne.
JFL
Your still incredibly lucky

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ElTruecel, BitchBoy and Heinrich Schmidt
It's already so rare to be born
You weren't really born, you had to take the power either through force, scheming or be appointed by the former emperor as a successor.

• +1
Reactions: MaghrebGator, Bushman, ElTruecel and 2 others
Or have your eyes poked out or your nose cut off in later periods

• +1
Reactions: Heinrich Schmidt
You weren't really born, you had to take the power either through force, scheming or be appointed by the former emperor as a successor.
Being born the son of the Emperor and acceding to the throne would be life on gigaeasy mode. I should've clarified

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Gonthar and BitchBoy
Just kill them

• JFL
Reactions: Heinrich Schmidt
Being born the son of the Emperor and acceding to the throne would be life on gigaeasy mode. I should've clarified
Nigger you would be one of the children killed in someone’s climb to power

Far from gigaeasy mode.

You were not guaranteed the throne even if you were the son of the previous emperor.
There were no set rules for imperial succession, and you could fall victim to an ambitious general or senator.

If you managed to survive the chaos of a regime change, you would have to continuously placate the fickle military and aristocracy. Make One misstep or demonstrate a sliver of weakness and you could lose your head.

Purple blood failed to save Valentinian II from his grim fate

Imagine being roman soldier entering nerdic village in a misty cold shithole, raping nerdic woman and enslaving nerdic men so they can dig construction in Rome.

• JFL
Reactions: standardcel
Vincenzo_Camuccini%2C_The_Death_of_Julius_Caesar_%28detail%29.jpg

• +1
Reactions: BitchBoy
Yes imagine having a pletora of femboys

So I could get killed by conspiring politicians, my praetorian guardsmen, or my brother.. No thanks

Either I’m Octavian or death

• JFL
Reactions: standardcel
Tbh that's a risky life, you can't trust nobody. Enemy outside and inside your reign.

I'd rather be a gentle king of a remote village or something.