• +1
Reactions: Chintuck22, Looks234, Deleted member 10709 and 4 others
Brb

• +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek
a

• +1
He's kind of overated 4-3-1 isn't a good record tbh, but he was impressive considering he started at 29

• +1
He's kind of overated 4-3-1 isn't a good record tbh
yes it isnt but like u said, he started at 29. Imagine him just after collage, have 5-6 fights before joining ufc etc, take time to learn striking etc. He would be way better.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6273
He would probably be pretty good. Also consider he was doing meme wrestling instead of real wrestling for so many years. If he spent his 20s continuing wrestling, learning BJJ and striking it would be pretty sick. His physique would probably look different and be more overall athletic (his physique is obviously built for show)

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: diggbicc, Deleted member 10709, AutisticBeaner and 1 other person
He would probably be pretty good. Also consider he was doing meme wrestling instead of real wrestling for so many years. If he spent his 20s continuing wrestling, learning BJJ and striking it would be pretty sick. His physique would probably look different and be more overall athletic (his physique is obviously built for show)
His physique is why he would win most of his fights he was a lot bigger and stronger than most fighters back then so he would just overpower them get them on the ground and ground and pound.

• +1
Reactions: Jagged0 and Pietrosiek
His physique is why he would win most of his fights he was a lot bigger and stronger than most fighters back then so he would just overpower them get them on the ground and ground and pound.
I'm not saying he wouldn't be big and strong - he would still max out the weight limit. I'm thinking a physique more similar to Alistair Overeem at his prime:

ubereem.jpg

Instead of Lesnars physique:

4c9d2251801265de3e6d93cc14e3f158.jpg

edit: to be fair though, it might just be genetics / age related.

• +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek and Deleted member 6273
I'm not saying he wouldn't be big and strong - he would still max out the weight limit. I'm thinking a physique more similar to Alistair Overeem at his prime:

ubereem.jpg

He used steroids,

• JFL
26VIBWk2 37B81AOa Brock Lesnar

young lesnar, doubt he was on roids

way more impressive physique than alistar, also probably way stronger

he literally has the icelandic hercules gene

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 10709, Deleted member 6273 and Pietrosiek
View attachment 1056806

I don't know about "way more impressive physique than lesnar"....

But anyways, this is him before going into WWE and wasting his prime years. As I said, his physique if he went into MMA would look more similar to Overeem than what it ended up looking like in WWE.

• +1
I don't know about "way more impressive physique than lesnar"....

But anyways, this is him before going into WWE and wasting his prime years. As I said, his physique if he went into MMA would look more similar to Overeem than what it ended up looking like in WWE.
i dont think so, physique would look the same, he was around 290 when he did mma, he would be the same with mma tbh. His conditioning was good for his size. Maybe he would drop some weight to like 270 to get even better cardio but i dont think so

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10709
i dont think so, physique would look the same, he was around 290 when he did mma, he would be the same with mma tbh. His conditioning was good for his size. Maybe he would drop some weight to like 270 to get even better cardio but i dont think so
I'm no expert but to me, Lesnar in UFC often looked soft / bloated, probably from going up and down in steroid dosages. Compare that to the immensely full but ripped physique of Overeem during his horsemeat prime.

Basically, Lesnar looks like a huge house and he was extremely fast and athletic, however I think a different approach could net him a more versatile physique and maximize his athleticism.

• +1
Nah he's just roider. He can"t pass Usada tests

• JFL
I'm no expert but to me, Lesnar in UFC often looked soft / bloated, probably from going up and down in steroid dosages. Compare that to the immensely full but ripped physique of Overeem during his horsemeat prime.

Basically, Lesnar looks like a huge house and he was extremely fast and athletic, however I think a different approach could net him a more versatile physique and maximize his athleticism.
no, physique doesnt matter. That fat gave him more size which he used in wrestling and while being on the top on the ground

• +1
no, physique doesnt matter. That fat gave him more size which he used in wrestling and while being on the top on the ground
Of course physique matters. Have you trained MMA/BJJ/wrestling? Its true that technique is way more important than physique, and overall size (height/weight) is more important than physique, however having high strength, high amount of muscle mass in relation to fat within a given weight class is obviously a plus.

• Hmm...
Of course physique matters. Have you trained MMA/BJJ/wrestling?
yes i did and i can tell u, physique doesnt matter.
and overall size (height/weight) is more important than physique, however having high strength, high amount of muscle mass in relation to fat within a given weight class is obviously a plus.
lesnar wouldnt have more musle, he would have less fat. He would be lighter and his musle mass wouls stay the same. It would make him faster, a little bit better cardio (not much becouse fat doenst require oxygen) but he would lose size advantage. Physique doenst matter at all and i would even say that being fatter is better if we talk about heavyweights.

[1]yes i did and i can tell u, physique doesnt matter.

[2]lesnar wouldnt have more musle, he would have less fat. He would be lighter and his musle mass wouls stay the same. It would make him faster, a little bit better cardio (not much becouse fat doenst require oxygen) but he would lose size advantage. Physique doenst matter at all and i would even say that being fatter is better if we talk about heavyweights.
[1] Thats interesting, because I've trained both wrestling and BJJ and have experienced a significant difference in a fat 90KG athlete vs a ripped, muscular 90KG athlete in terms of quickness of movement, strength and explosiveness. Very interesting that you had different results indeed.
[2] Your logic here is that being fatter is better because it gains you more weight.

You're making one assumsion which I think is false: That Lesnar couldn't have gotten bigger. I think he definitely could. In fact, I think the reason he didn't get bigger in terms of size is because he held so much fat that he was pushing the weight limit and had to cut water weight to get down. If he maintained a 120KG lean muscular physique, not only would he be the same size at fight day, negating any benefit from extra fat, but he would also have more muscle mass, explosiveness and cardio. There is NO benefit from having fat instead of muscle. Even if we assume that he had to way 5KG less and could gain NO muscle, then shedding the fat would likely be better in terms of efficiancy, as he would have less dead weight, and 115kg is already plenty to hold someone down with, even if they have a 5kg advantage.

To say that physique DOESN'T MATTER in combat sports is simply ridiculous. Just because Fedor was better than everyone and looked like a dadbod doesn't mean it doesn't matter. It just means that technique is more important.

• Hmm...
View attachment 1056806

How is his physique better than overeem, he was only 3 pounds heavier when they fought and he looks bloated while Alistair is shredded. Ubereem had the best physique before USADA inb4 roids most fighters were on roids, Lesnar actually tested positive after USADA regulations
Images 73

Images   2021 03 23T140818771

• +1
he's athletic as all hell, nothing would stand in his way

• +1

ubereem.jpg

Cant compare them when one is flexing and the other is stood arms to side

Cant compare them when one is flexing and the other is stood arms to side
I don't think a direct comparison is necessary though - in any photo of Lesnar during his UFC years, he is noticably less lean than Overeem.

fbNa99gK4Z7HBUoN0PDpz968aPJAET6zaxcBpHyZiGk.jpg

brock-lesnar21.jpg

• +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek and ShowerMaxxing
He has insane genetics with and without steroids

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10709 and Pietrosiek
Does he fight any good?

• +1
] Thats interesting, because I've trained both wrestling and BJJ and have experienced a significant difference in a fat 90KG athlete vs a ripped, muscular 90KG athlete in terms of quickness of movement, strength and explosiveness.
of course, its different when u have 2 same dudes, but if athletic 90kg dude would have 10kg more of fat and be 100kg, he would have size advantage. In terms of my experience, i trained bjj for 3.5 yeards. I saw fat dudes that looked like they never lifted being athletic af. Also being lean can decrease ur strenght. Around 15%bf is ideal to be the strongest for ur weight. Physique is the last thing that does matter in martial arts unless u have a weightclass (not in case of heavyweight where most heavyweights have more than enough musle and many of them that are big have cardio problems)
You're making one assumsion which I think is false: That Lesnar couldn't have gotten bigger. I think he definitely could. In fact, I think the reason he didn't get bigger in terms of size is because he held so much fat that he was pushing the weight limit and had to cut water weight to get down. If he maintained a 120KG lean muscular physique, not only would he be the same size at fight day, negating any benefit from extra fat, but he would also have more muscle mass, explosiveness and cardio. There is NO benefit from having fat instead of muscle. Even if we assume that he had to way 5KG less and could gain NO muscle, then shedding the fat would likely be better in terms of efficiancy, as he would have less dead weight, and 115kg is already plenty to hold someone down with, even if they have a 5kg advantage.
more musle=less cardio. Getting more musle in brocks case would be stupid, his carido would get worst

of course, its different when u have 2 same dudes, but if athletic 90kg dude would have 10kg more of fat and be 100kg, he would have size advantage. In terms of my experience, i trained bjj for 3.5 yeards. I saw fat dudes that looked like they never lifted being athletic af. Also being lean can decrease ur strenght. Around 15%bf is ideal to be the strongest for ur weight. Physique is the last thing that does matter in martial arts unless u have a weightclass (not in case of heavyweight where most heavyweights have more than enough musle and many of them that are big have cardio problems)

more musle=less cardio. Getting more musle in brocks case would be stupid, his carido would get worst
1. Overeem is closer to 15% than Lesnar is
2. We have to compare same guys because they are in the same weight class, and we assume they are both maxing out the 120KG weight limit
3. More muscle only means less because of the added weight. Being a fat 120kg vs being a muscular 120kg won't give you any cardio benefits. Cardio relates to body size and how much you've trained your cardiovascular system.

At the end of the day, carrying mass is a benefit in terms of size and power, but not a benefit in terms of cardio. Muscle mass has little to no downsides in terms of cardio compared to fat pound for pound, but has a huge benefit in terms of power and athleticism. Being more muscular and leaner is better than being less muscular and fatter. This is a simple fact.

• Hmm...
How is his physique better than overeem, he was only 3 pounds heavier when they fought and he looks bloated while Alistair is shredded. Ubereem had the best physique before USADA inb4 roids most fighters were on roids, Lesnar actually tested positive after USADA regulations
View attachment 1056834
View attachment 1056835

it looked better to me why the fuck are u on my ass for no reason

in that pic u showed brock literally looks better

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 6273
Imagine if Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle did MMA instead of WWE

• +1
1. Overeem is closer to 15% than Lesnar is
2. We have to compare same guys because they are in the same weight class, and we assume they are both maxing out the 120KG weight limit
3. More muscle only means less because of the added weight. Being a fat 120kg vs being a muscular 120kg won't give you any cardio benefits. Cardio relates to body size and how much you've trained your cardiovascular system.

At the end of the day, carrying mass is a benefit in terms of size and power, but not a benefit in terms of cardio. Muscle mass has little to no downsides in terms of cardio compared to fat pound for pound, but has a huge benefit in terms of power and athleticism. Being more muscular and leaner is better than being less muscular and fatter. This is a simple fact.
not true. Fat is just weight, doenst produce power and doesnt require energy. Musle does. Fat 120kg guy will need less oxygen than 120kg fat guy. OF course, most fat people are fat becouse they are not exercising, but theres a reason why most heavyweight fighters have quite alot of fat, they dont even try to lose it. Look at dc, roy nelson or even cain valasques. Cain was around 110kg i belive and not that much musle compared to most of heavyweights. Would it be benfitial for him to build 10kg of musle? No, if it was he would do that. Building musle mass is hard, it takes time and benefits are small if u are heavyweight already. Brock wouldnt change anything, Brock would keep the same physique, train the same way, he would just have more time to improve striking and grappling

that guy is built like a shark

• +1
not true. Fat is just weight, doenst produce power and doesnt require energy. Musle does. Fat 120kg guy will need less oxygen than 120kg fat guy. OF course, most fat people are fat becouse they are not exercising, but theres a reason why most heavyweight fighters have quite alot of fat, they dont even try to lose it. Look at dc, roy nelson or even cain valasques. Cain was around 110kg i belive and not that much musle compared to most of heavyweights. Would it be benfitial for him to build 10kg of musle? No, if it was he would do that. Building musle mass is hard, it takes time and benefits are small if u are heavyweight already. Brock wouldnt change anything, Brock would keep the same physique, train the same way, he would just have more time to improve striking and grappling

fat 120kg guy will need equal amount of oxygen as ripped 120kg guy for any practical purpose such as fighting.

Yes there are puffy / fat fighters that do well, but that is in spite of their physique, not because of their physique. Cain Velasquez or Roy Nelson would be better fighters if they had more muscle and less fat, all else being equal.

Yes there are puffy / fat fighters that do well, but that is in spite of their physique, not because of their physique. Cain Velasquez or Roy Nelson would be better fighters if they had more muscle and less fat, all else being equal.
why fighters dont put on musle mass and lose fight? If its good for them, while their strenght and conditioning coaches dont tell them to do that? Why quite often they are saying otherwise?

fat 120kg guy will need equal amount of oxygen as ripped 120kg guy for any practical purpose such as fighting.
im telling u, no. 10kg of fat doesnt need oxygen, 10kg of musle needs a shit tons of oxygen

why fighters dont put on musle mass and lose fight? If its good for them, while their strenght and conditioning coaches dont tell them to do that? Why quite often they are saying otherwise?

im telling u, no. 10kg of fat doesnt need oxygen, 10kg of musle needs a shit tons of oxygen
1. Fighting isn't about strength directly, there are many other things that are more important like technique and endurance. So taking the time and recovery into lifting weights, depending on how much training you need / should be doing might be too demanding.
2. Yes, you're correct, however the difference in practical reality in a fight doesn't need to be big. 10KG on Brock Lesnar is very different from 10KG on Conor McGregor for instance.

Muscle and strength coaches aren't asking their athletes to hold a lot of bodyfat either, so per your logic, that must be bad as well. The reality is that more muscle and less fat is a plus in combat sports, less muscle and more fat is not.

Muscle and strength coaches aren't asking their athletes to hold a lot of bodyfat either, so per your logic, that must be bad as well. The reality is that more muscle and less fat is a plus in combat sports, less muscle and more fat is not.
the logic is, if u do ur work on the mat and strenght and conditioning, ur body looks ceritain way. U have certain amount of musle and fat. Dont change that. Thats ur ideal weight to fight in. Pushing fat loss means being on calorie deficit which means slower recovery and less energy on training, thats why tring to improve ur physique is pointless in mma.

Fighting isn't about strength directly, there are many other things that are more important like technique and endurance. So taking the time and recovery into lifting weights, depending on how much training you need / should be doing might be too demanding
thats true but fighers do strenght and conditioning. Lesnar to put on size, he would need to train like a bodybuilder and stop cardio, thats why i said that building more musle is IMPOSSIBLE in his case.

Yes, you're correct, however the difference in practical reality in a fight doesn't need to be big. 10KG on Brock Lesnar is very different from 10KG on Conor McGregor for instance.
yes but its still 10kg of meat that requires oxygen.

the logic is, if u do ur work on the mat and strenght and conditioning, ur body looks ceritain way. U have certain amount of musle and fat. Dont change that. Thats ur ideal weight to fight in. Pushing fat loss means being on calorie deficit which means slower recovery and less energy on training, thats why tring to improve ur physique is pointless in mma.

thats true but fighers do strenght and conditioning. Lesnar to put on size, he would need to train like a bodybuilder and stop cardio, thats why i said that building more musle is IMPOSSIBLE in his case.

yes but its still 10kg of meat that requires oxygen.
The thing is that to gain a shitton of mass, he would only need to train like a bodybuilder for maybe an hour 5 times a week, something a pro athlete definitely has the time to do.

The logic you're talking about doesn't make a lot of sense. To change your physique into being better and stronger, you need overloading stressors. If you just let your body become what it wants to become through cardio and grappling, you're going to become skinny as fuck. Almost anyone involved in wrestling is doing strength training - look at LEsnar when he was doing wrestling in high school, much more muscular and lean

1*5kxG78Z4mG5M-WMui8-anA.jpeg

• Hmm...
Too much muscle means you end up like Francis Ngannou who has no gas tank after one round.

If he loses to Stipe this weekend (Who has muscles but not completely ripped) then you will know why.

• +1
Too much muscle means you end up like Francis Ngannou who has no gas tank after one round.

If he loses to Stipe this weekend (Who has muscles but not completely ripped) then you will know why.
lmao. So if it ends like the first time, Stipe wins not because of technique, but because his pecs are smaller, and if Ngannou wins by lets say KO, it means what? Nothing, or that muscles > KO power = good?

Many fighters have been very successful with large physiques. Ubereem comes to mind, Paulo Costa, Yoel Romero etc. And please don't tell me that if they were just skinnyfat instead they would've gone farther

• +1
lmao. So if it ends like the first time, Stipe wins not because of technique, but because his pecs are smaller, and if Ngannou wins by lets say KO, it means what? Nothing, or that muscles > KO power = good?

Many fighters have been very successful with large physiques. Ubereem comes to mind, Paulo Costa, Yoel Romero etc. And please don't tell me that if they were just skinnyfat instead they would've gone farther
Well it is a fact that none of them ever won UFC gold so...

As OP said, you obviously need muscle. But its getting the "perfect" amount that makes it more efficient rather than just bulking on excessively. Enough to still knock one out but not weighing you down. For example if Yoel maybe had slightly less Muscle but in exchange for better Cardio, he might have been the one walking away as Champion.

And for any class except HW, they cut so much weight anyway, its hard for them to be skinnyfat. Costa walks around at around 210 lbs but cuts to 185. But I hear even Ngannou doesn't weigh as much compared to his earlier fights so it seems he too is trying to aim for a more optimal amount.

Last edited:
  • +1
why does his chin tilt upwards wdf

WWE Great Balls of Fire results, live streaming match coverage: Brock  Lesnar vs. Samoa Joe - Cageside Seats

As OP said, you obviously need muscle. But its getting the "perfect" amount that makes it more efficient rather than just bulking on excessively. Enough to still knock one out but not weighing you down. For example if Yoel maybe had slightly less Muscle but in exchange for better Cardio, he might have been the one walking away as Champion.

And for any class except HW, they cut so much weight anyway, its hard for them to be skinnyfat. Costa walks around at around 210 lbs but cuts to 185. But I hear even Ngannou doesn't weigh as much compared to his earlier fights so it seems he too is trying to aim for a more optimal amount.
But this is just potato logic - To say that these guys never became champions because they have "too much mass" is like saying "hey look, most champions aren't bald - so good hair genetics must mean good fight genetics" or something. The reason they didn't become champion is because they were technically worse. As already stated, physique is a relatively minor factor and won't win or lose you any fights outright.

• Hmm...
The thing is that to gain a shitton of mass, he would only need to train like a bodybuilder for maybe an hour 5 times a week, something a pro athlete definitely has the time to do.

The logic you're talking about doesn't make a lot of sense. To change your physique into being better and stronger, you need overloading stressors. If you just let your body become what it wants to become through cardio and grappling, you're going to become skinny as fuck. Almost anyone involved in wrestling is doing strength training - look at LEsnar when he was doing wrestling in high school, much more muscular and lean

1*5kxG78Z4mG5M-WMui8-anA.jpeg
dude, do u think that lesnar wasnt lifting when he was doing mma? Im sorry but his physique would be the same becouse he was lifting already. If u think that its possible to get more musle than lesnar has, u are wrong. Loosing fat wouldnt be bad for lesnar but it wouldnt give him that much.

But this is just potato logic - To say that these guys never became champions because they have "too much mass" is like saying "hey look, most champions aren't bald - so good hair genetics must mean good fight genetics" or something. The reason they didn't become champion is because they were technically worse. As already stated, physique is a relatively minor factor and won't win or lose you any fights outright.
shit comparison

indeed, optimal doesnt mean as much as possible. Fighting is not bodybuilding

[1]dude, do u think that lesnar wasnt lifting when he was doing mma? Im sorry but his physique would be the same becouse he was lifting already. If u think that its possible to get more musle than lesnar has, u are wrong. Loosing fat wouldnt be bad for lesnar but it wouldnt give him that much.

[2]shit comparison

indeed, optimal doesnt mean as much as possible. Fighting is not bodybuilding
[1] No, where am I saying or implying that? I am saying that it was possible for Lesnar to hold more muscle mass and less bodyfat, which it was. He wasn't at his maximal muscular potential with steroids at any point during his career.
[2] No, it isn't. I've provided a comparison that illustrates the lack of logic. If you disagree, present an argument for why it doesn't. Shit reply.

The reason they didn't become champion is because they were technically worse. As already stated, physique is a relatively minor factor and won't win or lose you any fights outright
romero had shit cardio, thats one of main reasons why he never was a champion

No, where am I saying or implying that? I am saying that it was possible for Lesnar to hold more muscle mass and less bodyfat, which it was. He wasn't at his maximal muscular potential with steroids at any point during his career.
bullshit, he would need to stop cardio/mat work and focus on bodybuilding. Holding more musle WOULDNT BE OPTIMAL FOR HIM. His carido would get worst and he would be slower. Thats it