IMDO vs MSDO

JustBeCurry

JustBeCurry

☠ roped ☠
I know IMDO lengthens the mandible while MSDO widens it, but which is better when done in conjunction with MSE? I have a small chin width-wise so I'm considering MSE+MSDO but IMDO seems good too.

IMDO brings the lower jaw forward, so I'm pretty sure you can use all 3.

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914, Lev Peshkov, Britishlooksmaxxer and 2 others
IMDO is mainly done to people with overbite
But probably you can get Distraction osteogenesis Lefort 1 with IMDO to get 15mm+ of forward growth

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, ascentium, JustBeCurry and 1 other person
IMDO brings the lower jaw forward, so I'm pretty sure you can use all 3.
lifefuel, I know andreischev does mse+msdo, does he do imdo? otherwise I would have to get it from the guy who made it in australia

IMDO is mainly done to people with overbite
But probably you can get Distraction osteogenesis Lefort 1 with IMDO to get 15mm+ of forward growth
forward growth isn't my issue, I have narrow palate and breathing problems so I want something minimally invasive with some gains, so things like mse, msdo, and imdo

I don't know why IMDO and MSDO have become the latest "buzz" in this forum. I have seen posts about them everyday the past couple of months.

From an actual knowledgable person: "IMDO, as an 'only' procedure as in absence of any conventional surgery with it, is for children, adolescents. The aim is to address the cause of an overbite and the facial disharmony DURING the GROWING STAGES. Cause being small jaws.

In my opinion, adults who want to limit their options to the pursuit of 'only' that--and mind you, this is a TRADE-MARK procedure, meaning the guy who came up with it for CHILDREN has trademarked the term; 'IMDO'as to preclude other doctors from offering it by that term UNLESS they pay him licencing/certification fees to do so--will UNWITTINGLY be prioritizing their consultations to the FEW places MARKETING it by that term. 10 to 1 the consult will resolve to being told and sold on the conventional surgeries you're wanting to avoid in your pursuit of 'only' IMDO...and with a practitioner you may not have chosen to prioritize a consult with IF you had some way of knowing ahead of time the likelihood for an adult having only that would be highly unlikely.

So, the question is HOW do you want to FIND OUT it's highly UNLIKELY, you as an adult, will be offered 'only' IMDO and INSTEAD have the consultation resolve to being told and sold on the conventional surgeries you are wanting to avoid having.

Do you want to find that out in the process of LIMITING your consults to the 2 places with the trade rights to market it by that term AND because those are the ONLY 2 places you would go to for the conventional surgery (which I don't think is the case because your preferred geo-local is east USA and not Australia or Mexico)?

That's what your singular pursuit of IMDO has a 90% chance of resolving to when all you 'know' is that you WANT something but demonstrate on here as clueless as to what your situation really is. "

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 5385 and highT
I don't know why IMDO and MSDO have become the latest "buzz" in this forum. I have seen posts about them everyday the past couple of months.

From an actual knowledgable person: "IMDO, as an 'only' procedure as in absence of any conventional surgery with it, is for children, adolescents. The aim is to address the cause of an overbite and the facial disharmony DURING the GROWING STAGES. Cause being small jaws.

In my opinion, adults who want to limit their options to the pursuit of 'only' that--and mind you, this is a TRADE-MARK procedure, meaning the guy who came up with it for CHILDREN has trademarked the term; 'IMDO'as to preclude other doctors from offering it by that term UNLESS they pay him licencing/certification fees to do so--will UNWITTINGLY be prioritizing their consultations to the FEW places MARKETING it by that term. 10 to 1 the consult will resolve to being told and sold on the conventional surgeries you're wanting to avoid in your pursuit of 'only' IMDO...and with a practitioner you may not have chosen to prioritize a consult with IF you had some way of knowing ahead of time the likelihood for an adult having only that would be highly unlikely.

So, the question is HOW do you want to FIND OUT it's highly UNLIKELY, you as an adult, will be offered 'only' IMDO and INSTEAD have the consultation resolve to being told and sold on the conventional surgeries you are wanting to avoid having.

Do you want to find that out in the process of LIMITING your consults to the 2 places with the trade rights to market it by that term AND because those are the ONLY 2 places you would go to for the conventional surgery (which I don't think is the case because your preferred geo-local is east USA and not Australia or Mexico)?

That's what your singular pursuit of IMDO has a 90% chance of resolving to when all you 'know' is that you WANT something but demonstrate on here as clueless as to what your situation really is. "
Keep writing essays bro

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and 6485b025t
Do all of them but lefort and bsso mogs

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5385 and Deleted member 4430
I know IMDO lengthens the mandible while MSDO widens it, but which is better when done in conjunction with MSE? I have a small chin width-wise so I'm considering MSE+MSDO but IMDO seems good too.
Imdo is better cause it lengthens and widens a bit. But noone in America does it that's the main issue