Implants and Cancer

randomvanish

randomvanish

České srdce, otevřené všem!
Breast implants and sometimes dental implants can cause some cancer types and tumors.
Is there any study shows link between cancer and facial implants ?

• JFL
Reactions: Kenickie
Who gives a fuck, I'm chewing tobacco as I type this JFL

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 399, Deleted member 5061, Youngbuffet and 2 others
Who gives a fuck, I'm chewing tobacco as I type this JFL
low iq teenager alert

Alert GIF by memecandy

though i smoke too :(

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10536, Deleted member 9511, Deleted member 5061 and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: Youngbuffet and Kenickie
@RealSurgerymax

My friends relative got tumor inside his tooth because of teeth removal cavity.
So eventually she has lost her eye due to this tumor, and died because cancer spread her brain.

I just wonder if there is a risk like this with implants, anyhow.

Breast implants and sometimes dental implants can cause some cancer types and tumors.
explain dental implants like teeth, how can this cause cancer. if you want to implant one molar teeth. what is the risk of this?

No.

the breast implants that can be linked to cancer are the textured implants.

Dental implants that have a small risk of cancer is from the titanium. Cancer has been linked to titanium joint replacement (which are implants) and dental implants. This is extremely rare.

@RealSurgerymax

My friends relative got tumor inside his tooth because of teeth removal cavity.
So eventually she has lost her eye due to this tumor, and died because cancer spread her brain.

I just wonder if there is a risk like this with implants, anyhow.

That is never a 100% no but there has never been a linked case from silicone or PEEK implants. However permanent Titanium screws are usually (and should be) used to secure the implant in its position.

Facial implants are probably 100 or more times rarer than dental implants so so a case could realistically eventually arise. But it would probably be from the screws and not the PEEK or Silicone implant itself.

While this could be a risk, it is important to consider how small. So small it has never happened before and there is a much bigger chance that you will get cancer one day from about 500 other things no consideration is given to.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg, Chadelite, randomvanish and 1 other person
explain dental implants like teeth, how can this cause cancer. if you want to implant one molar teeth. what is the risk of this?
No.

Dental implants that have a small risk of cancer is from the titanium. Cancer has been linked to titanium joint replacement (which are implants) and dental implants. This is extremely rare.

That is never a 100% no but there has never been a linked case from silicone or PEEK implants. However permanent Titanium screws are usually (and should be) used to secure the implant in its position.

Facial implants are probably 100 or more times rarer than dental implants so so a case could realistically eventually arise. But it would probably be from the screws and not the PEEK or Silicone implant itself.

While this could be a risk, it is important to consider how small. So small it has never happened before and there is a much bigger chance that you will get cancer one day from about 500 other things no consideration is given to.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10913
No.

i heard that there is silicone based screws too.
do eppley use them or is it usable for facial implants ?

i heard that there is silicone based screws too.
do eppley use them or is it usable for facial implants ?

I think you are thinking of the lactosorb plating system of clear resorbing screws and plates. This couldnt be used for permanent implant fixation. And I can’t/shouldn’t speak to what he or anyone else does.

I think you are thinking of the lactosorb plating system of clear resorbing screws and plates. This couldnt be used for permanent implant fixation. And I can’t/shouldn’t speak to what he or anyone else does.
not related but,
does silicone have higher resorption levels over for medpor ?

my local surgeon claim that and show a study about it. since medpor really hard to remove, i feel afraid of medpor thinking what if i will need to remove/replace that implant you know.

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
not related but,
does silicone have higher resorption levels over for medpor ?

my local surgeon claim that and show a study about it. since medpor really hard to remove, i feel afraid of medpor thinking what if i will need to remove/replace that implant you know.

No probably is not. The problem with facial implant studies is they are few and always small sample size.

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish