Implants with or after Bimax?

Cinnamonzito

Cinnamonzito

Iron
I'm thinking about this...

The doctor said it would be possible to do all together, but I think It would interfer in bone healing, the screws and plates would get in the way of a good implant design, and I need to get 4 wisdom teeth removed during the bimax.

Maybe Its better to wait 1 year to get the implants? When all the bone is healed

• +1
Reactions: Fayg0 and NZb6Air

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    458.4 KB · Views: 0
  • JFL
Reactions: NZb6Air

• +1
Reactions: Cinnamonzito
What you think about Uhwmpe? Is it a good and biocompatible material?

• +1
What you think about Uhwmpe? Is it a good and biocompatible material?
@NZb6Air sorry to bother... Last thing I ask you. I only have this material or Pmma cement :forcedsmile:

• +1
Reactions: heyheyheybro22 and NZb6Air
Sadly most implants material are plastic

Plastic -> microplastics -> lowers testosterone

I'm trying to find some study about this 👆

• +1
Sadly most implants material are plastic

Plastic -> microplastics -> lowers testosterone

I'm trying to find some study about this 👆
plastic = bone resorption nigger, aint nobody give a shit about micropoastics these nuts

did u already pay the full price or what, is it just the pre surgical design

plastic = bone resorption nigger, aint nobody give a shit about micropoastics these nuts

did u already pay the full price or what, is it just the pre surgical design
They are asking me to pay full price before any designs, so I came here to get advice.

So Uhwmpe is good, thanks

I was worried about microplastics because Im 17, and thought it could interfer with my final development

They are asking me to pay full price before any designs, so I came here to get advice.

I was worried about microplastics because Im 17, and thought it could interfer with my final development
no it's not good , get medical titanium or peek or nothing

if they dont have it, then cancel

i implied bone resorption to be worse than potential andro disruption

no it's not good , get medical titanium or peek or nothing

if they dont have it, then cancel

i implied bone resorption to be worse than potential andro disruption
Oooooh ok, I thought Peek and Uhwmpe were similar in quality. (I think that was Jade that said this)

Oooooh ok, I thought Peek and Uhwmpe were similar in quality. (I think that was Jade that said this)
uhwmpe is better for joint replacements and shit (more flexible), not face : PEEK is tougher (better for impact) and more rigid which is also gonna make the cut more precise (which is key on face aswell)

since uhwmpe is cheap af i guess u're at some random clinic? and lookign at the screws on the lefort 1, jsut cancel imo :feelsmage:

uhwmpe is better for joint replacements and shit (more flexible), not face : PEEK is tougher (better for impact) and more rigid which is also gonna make the cut more precise (which is key on face aswell)

since uhwmpe is cheap af i guess u're at some random clinic? and lookign at the screws on the lefort 1, jsut cancel imo :feelsmage:
I'm in Brazil lol. The screws I made on paint just to make an example this are not how theyll be places

• +1
  • +1
I'm in Brazil lol. The screws I made on paint just to make an example this are not how theyll be places
You're lucky then cause tehre's a good surgeon in argentina but this is all assuming u have the money, if ur current shit is insured and theres no way to get it other than that then jsut go for it :feelstastyman:

You're lucky then cause tehre's a good surgeon in argentina but this is all assuming u have the money, if ur current shit is insured and theres no way to get it other than that then jsut go for it :feelstastyman:
Can u pass me the Argentina surgeon name?

And do you know the one I said?

• +1
The biggest issue with implants+bimax is that with cheek implants, the LeFort plates can often get in the way of the best design. If you tell a surgeon you want a malar implant with bimax, they will give you that implant even if in theory you could get a better one without the bimax plates being in the way.

And with jaw implants, the healing of the mandible can be impacted according to many surgeons. In many cases you may also want to know how the jaw looks with just the bimax first as this may inform how big you actually want to go on an implant.

If you need paranasal/lower midface augmentation, you can't do it at the same time because that's exactly where the LeFort plates go, and in most cases you cannot augment the infraorbital zygomatic arch area very much at all without introducing soft tissue transition problems into the lower midface (implant "step off," "sagging," ridge protruding from the skin, etc.). This is frequently the effect of too large a discrepancy between the midface angle and orbital vector. Hence in many cases it is advisable to wait a year until the bone has healed and the plates removed so you can put in a midface implant with a greater surface area than otherwise possible and avoid these soft tissue problems.

It is least problematic to do supraorbital implants with your surgery though.

• +1
Reactions: Fayg0
The biggest issue with implants+bimax is that with cheek implants, the LeFort plates can often get in the way of the best design. If you tell a surgeon you want a malar implant with bimax, they will give you that implant even if in theory you could get a better one without the bimax plates being in the way.

And with jaw implants, the healing of the mandible can be impacted according to many surgeons. In many cases you may also want to know how the jaw looks with just the bimax first as this may inform how big you actually want to go on an implant.

If you need paranasal/lower midface augmentation, you can't do it at the same time because that's exactly where the LeFort plates go, and in most cases you cannot augment the infraorbital zygomatic arch area very much at all without introducing soft tissue transition problems into the lower midface (implant "step off," "sagging," ridge protruding from the skin, etc.). This is frequently the effect of too large a discrepancy between the midface angle and orbital vector. Hence in many cases it is advisable to wait a year until the bone has healed and the plates removed so you can put in a midface implant with a greater surface area than otherwise possible and avoid these soft tissue problems.

It is least problematic to do supraorbital implants with your surgery though.
Wow! Thanks ❤️

wait til you finish your developing first then ?