In What Way Are US Politicians Controlled By Corporations?

SHARK

SHARK

Kraken
I always hear people saying how politicians are controlled by corporations, the super rich, etc. Obviously paying a politician directly for a law is illegal, so what exactly goes on and can you point out an example of a current US politician who has been paid off via some indirect loophole type way to make certain legislation.

You do the thing I donate the money

• +1
Reactions: yang and Blackout.xl
Its not so straightforward (this sounds like bernie propaganda) Politicians run on what they believe, but getting laws passed isn't so easy because of congress and all the debates and discussion etc. Unions spend big money on electing leftist democrats (and democrats in general) while some companies support republican candidates who want lower taxes and stuff. Rarely does a company support a candidate who ends up giving them "money" straight up like "corporate handout" because that's not how companies work, they are logical unlike unions who force their members to pay political dues and then support liberal democrats who vote for more public sector pay. Unions are a problem. They served a purpose in the past but now they just blackmail the public

• +1
Reactions: Blackout.xl
Lobbying
by
Special Interest Groups
which
are sponsored by companies and rich people

They are controlled by Jews

Its not so straightforward (this sounds like bernie propaganda) Politicians run on what they believe, but getting laws passed isn't so easy because of congress and all the debates and discussion etc. Unions spend big money on electing leftist democrats (and democrats in general) while some companies support republican candidates who want lower taxes and stuff. Rarely does a company support a candidate who ends up giving them "money" straight up like "corporate handout" because that's not how companies work, they are logical unlike unions who force their members to pay political dues and then support liberal democrats who vote for more public sector pay. Unions are a problem. They served a purpose in the past but now they just blackmail the public
Interesting. What about the system in Scandinavia where there's no minimum wage but it's negotiated by Unions. What do you think about that system
Lobbying
by
Special Interest Groups
which
are sponsored by companies and rich people
So what do lobbyists do? Just harass a politician all day to consider passing some legislation?

Interesting. What about the system in Scandinavia where there's no minimum wage but it's negotiated by Unions. What do you think about that system

So what do lobbyists do? Just harass a politician all day to consider passing some legislation?

Donate to campaigns and connect them with donors who donate to campaigns

Powerful people partner with other powerful people

Lobbyists pay politicians (fund their election campaigns) via super PACS (political action committees) and PACs and in return expect legislation that they believe will better the lives of Americans to be passed. PACS and Super PACS, however, are not just created and funded by corporations, meaning that some organizations and grassroot movements can also act as lobbyists.

• +1
Reactions: Blackout.xl
Lobbyists pay politicians (fund their election campaigns) via super PACS (political action committees) and PACs and in return expect legislation that they believe will better the lives of Americans to be passed. PACS and Super PACS, however, are not just created and funded by corporations, meaning that some organizations and grassroot movements can also act as lobbyists.
I appreciate u

• +1
Reactions: joseph
Thank you brother. I appreciate you appreciating me. How is your day?
Trash I’m having thoughts of punting a nigga In his head and will seriously follow through with it in the next year and a half. My mind is playing tricks on me when I sleep and my mum said heinous shit to me

• So Sad
Reactions: Feanor and joseph