Increasing Bone & Jaw Growth With Electrical Field Modulation

monecel

monecel

Ascending
Hey so I have seen a study recently where using a battery-operated electrical pulse-generating device they managed to induce high levels of mandibular bone growth. This interested me because the requirement seems low and it also may be possible without it being surgically implanted. They tested it in rodents and humans and was effective for both. In the study they implanted the device.

Link to the study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8831273/

What is interesting first of all is the selectivity of the bone volume change. It did not effect a large portion of the jaw, just the part where the device was applied. This means that specific regions could be targeted for aesthetic purposes.

A second pretty interesting thing to note is that when using positive polarity pulses, bone volume can actually be selectively decreased as well. This means that for regions of bone that may be overgrown they could potentially be reduced.

For an actual demonstration of the difference the device makes, here are some before and afters:

These are after 18 months of device operation, but the results seem quite significant still.
The length of the mandible increased, and after 39 months, clinical results were maintained, with no clinical evidence of bone resorption or complications.

Here is what the pulse generator looks like:

I do not know if it is possible to increase the strength of such a device and whether that would be effective. I may look into the possibilities of custom-building a device like this for jaw growth and facial modulation.

This plus growth factors would likely speed up the results and it may be possible to see significant gains within 12 months if such a device can be made.

Anyways let me know your thoughts on this.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: JizzFarmer, lestoa and ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry
will read now if its bullshit fuck you op for wasting my time

Edit: wtf is this shit ???????????

brb waiting for @lestoa to read cause i dont want to

@lestoa is it bs or not

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: noahwillascend, ey88, IndraBC and 1 other person