Inflation debunked

Crusile

Crusile

Chicowski
how much an iphone would cost 100 years ago. billions of dollars to develop now costs like 200

Billionaires of R&D dollars deflated into pennies, yet this isnt included in cpi. Realistically, cpi is hyper inflated and not actually that much.

• +1
Reactions: micropenis29
CPI is bullshit, but many more realistic measures do consider this shit.

It's how u see that the price of a flat screen TV, or an international phone call, or a flight is way cheaper now than 20 years ago.

Also, and I'm not totally sure here, I think in Europe CPI changes the basket of goods periodically, so when the iPhone goes in, the cost of a new, fairly pricy thing, will be reflected.

• +1
Reactions: noodlelover
CPI is bullshit, but many more realistic measures do consider this shit.

It's how u see that the price of a flat screen TV, or an international phone call, or a flight is way cheaper now than 20 years ago.

Also, and I'm not totally sure here, I think in Europe CPI changes the basket of goods periodically, so when the iPhone goes in, the cost of a new, fairly pricy thing, will be reflected.
The point is it doesnt account for the quality increase. An iphone 12 ten years ago would cost billions to make, yet costs 1k dollars in 2021.

The point is it doesnt account for the quality increase. An iphone 12 ten years ago would cost billions to make, yet costs 1k dollars in 2021.
Yes that's true but that's more like the boomer argument of we had it so tough cos we didn't have iPads and shit, and their parents prob said we had it so tough cos we didn't have cars and shit.

Point is technology improves exponentially, and the tech to create the tech also improves exponentially, hence the real cost if what the tech replaces is always cheaper.

U can't really try to link r&d costs into inflation, because they are always an investment bit a cost.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963 and thereallegend
Yes that's true but that's more like the boomer argument of we had it so tough cos we didn't have iPads and shit, and their parents prob said we had it so tough cos we didn't have cars and shit.

Point is technology improves exponentially, and the tech to create the tech also improves exponentially, hence the real cost if what the tech replaces is always cheaper.

U can't really try to link r&d costs into inflation, because they are always an investment bit a cost.
I cant but it still debunks the misconception about cpi

Inflation/deflation effects different sectors of the economy at different rates. Some technology items decrease in price.

That's why CPI is not a single item, but a basket of goods, based on what the typical consumer purchases on a regular basis. Common costs such as Food and Rent have massively gone up over the decades, as the value of the dollar continues to fall.

CPI still has flaws, here's a more accurate measure of inflation (Click for link):
This puts real inflation at around 10% average per year.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
Inflation/deflation effects different sectors of the economy at different rates. Some technology items decrease in price.

That's why CPI is not a single item, but a basket of goods, based on what the typical consumer purchases on a regular basis. Common costs such as Food and Rent have massively gone up over the decades, as the value of the dollar continues to fall.

CPI still has flaws, here's a more accurate measure of inflation (Click for link):
This puts real inflation at around 10% average per year.
almost all economic growth is within technology, it is hyperunder represented in cpi. An inflated 10% cpi is a worthless outdated number

Lmao. technological innovation and economies of scale don't preclude the existence of inflation. Back to the drawing board tiger.

• +1
Reactions: noodlelover and Harold O'brien
dnrd but inflation is govermental theft.

Lmao. technological innovation and economies of scale don't preclude the existence of inflation. Back to the drawing board tiger.
cpi is literally setup to be a positive number, it cant be negative/ True "inflation"/cpi is infinitely negative, thats how inflation is debunked

cpi is literally setup to be a positive number, it cant be negative/ True "inflation"/cpi is infinitely negative, thats how inflation is debunked
deflation exists

• Woah
Reactions: Crusile
i agree

inflation is pure fake news

• +1
Reactions: Crusile