Interesting quote I found from a Tweet about the Southern aristocracy being tough fighters

cromagnon

cromagnon

WishiwasWishIwaswishIwaswishIwasSalludon
“The young bloods of the South, sons of planters, lawyers about towns, good billiard players, and sportsmen—men who never did work nor never will. War suits them, and the rascals are brave; fine riders, bold to rashness, and dangerous subjects in every sense. They care not a sou for niggеrs, land, or anything. They hate Yankees per se, and don't bother their brains about the past, present, or future. As long as they have good horses, plenty of forage, and an open country, they are happy. This is a larger class than most men supposed, and are the most dangerous set of men which this war has turned loose upon the world. They are splendid riders, shots, and utterly reckless. Stuart, John Morgan, Forrest, and Jackson are the types and leaders of this class. This class of men must all be killed or employed by us before we can hope for peace. They have no property or future, and therefore cannot be influenced by anything except personal considerations.
Am inclined to think when the resources of their country are exhausted we must employ them. They are the best cavalry in the world, but it will tax Mr. Chase's genius of finance to supply them with horses. At present horses cost them nothing, for they take where they find and don't bother their brains who is to pay for them. Some of the corn-fields which have, as they believe, been cultivated by a good-natured people for their special benefit, we propose to share with them the free use of these corn-fields planted by willing hands that will never gather it.”

- General William Tecumseh Sherman on the Southern Fighting Man…

IMG 5028

@wishIwasSalludon @noobs

• +1
  • Love it
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Debetro, noobs, N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆. and 1 other person
I really like this quote

• +1
Reactions: noobs and N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆.
Didn’t read

• So Sad
Reactions: cromagnon
Don’t feel bad I don’t read long posts unless it’s abt looksmaxxing or making money.

• So Sad
Reactions: cromagnon
@Debetro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back