Investing in kazachstan as a westerner.

MoggerGaston

MoggerGaston

Nobody mogs like Gaston
What are the risks?

Could I get raped by the government and have my property stolen, just like people investing in russian companies have experienced when the war started?

• JFL
Reactions: optimisticzoomer and mrriceguyreturn
Prep your asshole for rape

• JFL
Reactions: greycel
I managed to find a GDR of a company in kazachstan I want to buy on my broker.

What Is a Global Depositary Receipt (GDR)?​

A global depositary receipt (GDR) is a negotiable financial instrument issued by a depositary bank. It represents shares in a foreign company and trades on the local stock exchanges in investors' countries. GDRs make it possible for a company (the issuer) to access investors in capital markets beyond the borders of its own country.

I can see that liquidity/volume is quite low, but I am planning to hold for years so it shouldn't matter.

i guess ill just raw-dog yolo it

• +1
Reactions: AlexBrown84
just brutal to be the only real money-maxxer on this forum who has any knowledge of anything.

already been doing my own research on this subject. I'll be doing my own thing, cya.

Why would you even do it? We have like only 1 company who did good on stockmarket as far as I know

You have to take into account Exchange risk as well as political risk. Is the kazach currently doing well against the euro historically? Is It highly volatile?? Kazakistan isn't a military Power so It Is unlikely that It Will partake in wars, but nothing Is 100% sure.

Why would you even do it? We have like only 1 company who did good on stockmarket as far as I know

Kazatomprom is the world’s largest producer and seller of natural uranium, providing over 40% of global primary uranium supply in 2019 from its operations in Kazakhstan. Kazatomprom's uranium is used for the generation of nuclear power around the world.
The uranium is virtually all ultimately destined for export as Kazakhstan hasn't had a nuclear power plant since the shutdown of the Soviet built BN-350 reactor in Aktau in 1992.

I am a 130IQ physicist and have passed multiple courses on nuclear-energy, nuclear-fusion energy, and energy sources of the future of humanity.

Nuclear energy will play a massive role in the future of humanity. Uranium powers it.

Kazatomprom, this kazachstani company, is the biggest miner of uranium in the world.
The second biggest is Cameco Corp. (ticker CCJ), but it seems like an inferior option to kazatomprom.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: the BULL
sadly, my worldly knowledge has not yet extended into central asia yet so i’m little of no help

best of luck!

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston