Invisalign consultation

G

griff1ns

Iron
I had a consultation with a dentist today for invisalign, she scanned my teeth and showed me a photo of how it could potentially look like etc.

She told me I have a missing teeth in my lower jaw due to evolution which is why my lower is narrow and why I have a slight overbite. My upper jaw is also slightly too small for my teeth to fit properly which is why my 12 (teeth) is protruding outwards. She said my missing teeth is the reason why my midline is not aligned and why my jaw is slightly crooked.

So she gave me a suggestion. She thinks that I should go for the Invisalign, and by ”polishing” the other teeth in my upper jaw it will give space for the 12th teeth to be pushed down in place. She also suggested rubber bands to push back my upper jaw to make my face more ”harmonious”, by aligning my upper and lower jaw. I asked her if it was possible to make it more harmonious by moving the lower jaw forward somehow, but that wasn’t possible. I know Invisalign is controversial, especially rubber bands because people think that pushing back the maxilla only makes the face more unaesthetic. But I am unsure on how to approach this, I could go through with the Invisalign but skip the rubber band.

What do you think I should do?

Sounds funny but it’s true, search up hypodontia @SubhumanForever