is 1.5mm really appropriate for dermarolling scalp

Going2KillMyself

Going2KillMyself

MonsterCockMaxxing
Areas where hair is thinning tend to have thinner skin. Is 1 - 1.5mm appropriate for a receding hairline or temples if this is the case?

Has anyone done it with this length there and and seen improvement?

• +1
Reactions: SkinjobCatastrophe
Below 1mm you penetrate epidermis, beyond you penetrate dermis. Hair are produced in epidermis by general.

It depends what kind of substance you want to deliver. Most norwood remedies work on epidermis only. A notable exception is minoxidil, which improves blood flow (in dermis), however it's not recommended to penetrate deeper than 1mm and apply minox, because it will have systemic effect.

• +1
Reactions: SkinjobCatastrophe, SOS-Sonic and Going2KillMyself
Below 1mm you penetrate epidermis, beyond you penetrate dermis. Hair are produced in epidermis by general.

It depends what kind of substance you want to deliver. Most norwood remedies work on epidermis only. A notable exception is minoxidil, which improves blood flow (in dermis), however it's not recommended to penetrate deeper than 1mm and apply minox, because it will have systemic effect.
I meant with respect to regrowing hair or stimulating growth. The studies I see for that are 1.5mm and some as low as 0.6mm but it’s hard to imagine all parts of the scalp being the same thickness

• +1
Less than 1mm (epidermis) should be fine. That's where hair are born.

More than 1mm makes sense only if you want to reach dermis, for collagen or to deliver some shit that can't penetrate into dermis. And you risk bacterial infection.

• +1
Reactions: SkinjobCatastrophe and Going2KillMyself
Less than 1mm (epidermis) should be fine. That's where hair are born.

More than 1mm makes sense only if you want to reach dermis, for collagen or to deliver some shit that can't penetrate into dermis. And you risk bacterial infection.
I did 0.75 around the hairline and temples. Sometimes it bled just a bit and it at least god red everywhere. I dont know if this enough for regrowth or if its too deep jfl

• +1
I would look at some studies and data on it, they have quite a few that ive read where they report on different depths and which are most effective.

• +1
Reactions: Going2KillMyself
I would look at some studies and data on it, they have quite a few that ive read where they report on different depths and which are most effective.
fuck i found one but i lost it a few days ago JFL!
it said something like the depth of thinning hair was 0.6mm +- around 0.2mm

• +1