Is 2 inch clavicle lengthening even worth it?

Deleted member 10449

Deleted member 10449

Zephir
Like is it even going to be noticeable if you are average / below average?

• +1
Reactions: JackSparrow and Vergil.is
Like is it even going to be noticeable if you are average / below average?
2 inch in width is a pretty big difference tbh

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy, Deleted member 4106, Deleted member 4797 and 1 other person
yes

• +1
Reactions: JackSparrow and Deleted member 4797
yes. test it out by stuffing socks or sum shit at either ends of your shirt. The difference is night and day

• +1
Reactions: JackSparrow, Good_Little_Goy and Deleted member 4797
Have you talked to a doctor who can perform it? A results never been reviewed or posted on the internet (except on deformed people)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10449
Have you talked to a doctor who can perform it? A results never been reviewed or posted on the internet (except on deformed people)
yeah bro this surgery is really a big risk in this sense, nobody knows how you end up

I think though since you just do an osteotomy and stick a piece of bone and screw, rather than lengthen as they do in LL, and because it is only 1 inch per shoulder, logically speaking it should be safer

unfortunately I don't have 200 dollars spare to have consultation with the doctors but I will let you know if I do

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797

It makes an enormous difference. Two inches can be the difference between below average and above average.
The average is around 18 inches and the standard deviation is a little over an inch. So you're getting a 2 standard deviation increase from the surgery.
To put that in perspective, it would be equivalent to someone saying they can give you 30 IQ points. Its pretty huge.

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and Good_Little_Goy
Big difference but not worth it compared to other surgeries price wise

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy