Is 24 too early for a hair transplant? I got jaw surgery (Bimax), but its gonna be a waste since Im balding

ZoomerAmerican

ZoomerAmerican

I refuse to die until things are better
I went thru serious pain a few weeks ago by going to the extreme and getting Bimax. My jaw looks decent now, but its gonna be a waste since I'm balding. My crown is balding and my hairline is making me look 40

Hair transplant experts suggest waiting until 30. Do I just say F it and get one in a few months in Turkey? I'm open to getting a second one in my 30s.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: brutalpilled, TheBiggestIncelEver, NZb6Air and 1 other person
Don't wait do it now

• +1
Reactions: Snowskinned and jdz6777
Get a hair transplant and hop on fin and min. IMO.

• +1
Reactions: Snowskinned
Hair transplant ASAP.

• +1
Reactions: Snowskinned
don't get hair transplant, you gonna look like shit, an average 40yo, get a hair system to look like a tiktok kid

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Snowskinned and UZB_Strebl
I went thru serious pain a few weeks ago by going to the extreme and getting Bimax. My jaw looks decent now, but its gonna be a waste since I'm balding. My crown is balding and my hairline is making me look 40

Hair transplant experts suggest waiting until 30. Do I just say F it and get one in a few months in Turkey? I'm open to getting a second one in my 30s.
My hair started to thin at 16 I’m coping with minoxidil rn.

• Hmm...
Reactions: UZB_Strebl

If you're addressing it with medication and the hair loss is now stable, then go for it. If you're not and you're still balding, then it'll look even worse down the road when you've got a decent hairline and nothing else behind it. FYI if you go to Turkey to some cheap hair mill, you're very likely to get very poor results. Do your research and find real results, not touched-up instagram ads.

Another great post from the Pear of Ass.

d38ee02488afe3418db481b5baa1f32b

In the meantime I genuinely recommend a wig. Black women wear them all the time and nobody else knows. You can do it too.

• +1
Reactions: Asspear
Dutasteride, Finasteride immediately. You really should stabilize it before a transplant. Try to do 6 months prior to getting one.

• +1
if money aint a problem i would do the hair transplant

No get a Ht and get on Dut and RU

Do it . I did mine at 24 and worked great. It's a super easy surgery + recovery and if you do FUT you can do it like 5 times before ya run out. Oh but obvs. get on fin before surgery.

Do it . I did mine at 24 and worked great. It's a super easy surgery + recovery and if you do FUT you can do it like 5 times before ya run out. Oh but obvs. get on fin before surgery.
when did your hair get back to normal

I did mine at 33, nw3v > nw1 FUE, and only wish I had done it sooner.

Stabilize the crown ASAP, its a "black hole" for grafts to the point where its dubious to put grafts into it due to amount spent vs visual change.

It took about 5-9 months post-op to look believable.

• +1

Stabilize the crown ASAP, its a "black hole" for grafts to the point where its dubious to put grafts into it due to amount spent vs visual change.

yo can i pm rq

Absolutely this, meds are so important to maintain your ground. When I was 20, I just barely started thinning on my crown and my dad (who had been balding since he was 16, brutal) told me "hey, I think you might be thinning". I hadn't noticed but he was right. I got on meds immediately afterwards and haven't lost any ground since. Very, very thankful for my dad on that one!