Is 5% minox good or should I get 10%

The 5 percent is more effective for hair growth, so 5 percent is better
How would 5% be more effective for hair growth?

Or are you trying to say that 10% is where the effects on blood pressure begin to become apparent?

How would 5% be more effective for hair growth?

Or are you trying to say that 10% is where the effects on blood pressure begin to become apparent?

increasing the dose of a drug doesnt necessarily increase its efficacy. That's a common fallacy. Oftentimes it only increases side effects.

@OP: Instead of using 10% minox you can use a 0.25mm dermaroller to increase the absorption of the 5%minoxidil into your skin.

Additionally, if you suspect you are a non-responder (because you may lack enough minoxidil-sulfotransferase activity) you could try treating the affected area with topical retinoids in order to upregulate SULT1A1, which in turns would make topical minoxidil more effective and can potentially turn you into a responder to the drug.

Generally speaking 5% minox is a high enough concentration for any patient. The reason why it wouldn't work is not the concentration, but rather that the hair is already too minituarised or that as i mentioned you're a non-responder.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: boss8055 and VolcelFTW
increasing the dose of a drug doesnt necessarily increase its efficacy. That's a common fallacy. Oftentimes it only increases side effects.
Right, but it would not ever decrease efficacy. I'm clarifying whether that's what the original commenter meant when they said 5% is more effective than 10%. Because in no situation is it ever more effective.