Is 5x5 on main lifts good or should I do 8 reps?

Over

Over

Ascended with roids & ltr
Guy approached me at gym recently telling me I should lower my deadlift weight by 5kg and do more reps with it. I do 5x5 on main lifts and 4x8 on other like lat pull-down or curls.

I sometimes count people's reps and I see them doing 8 reps on bench.

Should i lower weights on deadlift, squat, bench, ohp and instead of doing 5x5 do like 5x8? Usually 5th rep is my failure, I train hard.

Please help me i am now 6 weeks into gym and I work hard as fuck ill do everything to get ripped.

If you can do more. You can always do more to increase the volume (8) for more muscle strength. If you want more intensity to get faster hypertrophy then do MORE kg. You should probably master with 8 rep first and then go do more kg.

• +1
Reactions: Over
broscience bullshit
harder you lift more muscle you put on
muh rep muh set muh overtraining all cope by fitness scammers

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Toth's thot, harrys, bimaximum and 2 others
Yo ur gymmaxer zyzz pls tell me is 5x5 good for me?
5by 5 is great . Good all around strength and size builder . 5 by 8 is too much volume for main lifts tbh

• Love it
5by 5 is great . Good all around strength and size builder . 5 by 8 is too much volume for main lifts tbh
Ok nice ill stay with 5x5 then its heavy enough for me i reach failure at 6th or 5th rep

• +1
Reactions: Sikkunt23
Ok nice ill stay with 5x5 then its heavy enough for me i reach failure at 6th or 5th rep
Just do 5 by 5 on ur main lifts and do 3x 12 as a good benmark range for ur isolation lifts ( example curls and shit )

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4614 and Over
Just do 5 by 5 on ur main lifts and do 3x 12 as a good benmark range for ur isolation lifts ( example curls and shit )
I got good progress yesterday.

I was at wall of 27.5kg OHP for few weeks but I finally added 2.5kg and did 30kg. Also got 42.5kg bench progress from 40kg.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998 and Sikkunt23

I was at wall of 27.5kg OHP for few weeks but I finally added 2.5kg and did 30kg. Also got 42.5kg bench progress from 40kg.
Good job. Proud of u bro

• Love it

Also barret is a ugly subhuman chico mogs

• +1
Reactions: balding17yomanletcel and Over
He’s prolly jealous

• Woah
ur balding at 17.

• JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: Toth's thot, Over and maxmendietta
You shouldnt 5x5 deadlift , it s too much for your nervous system even if it s once a week ,assuming you re actually lifting near limit . Do a 3x5 bro

• Hmm...
5x8 is too much 5x5 is nice.

• +1
I deadlift 3 times a week lmao

62.5kg which is very hard for me i an do 5-6 reps max
Deadlift 2 times a week ngl . 5 by 5 for deadlift is a lot of volume .

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and Over
Go and mix 5x3 with 15x2 so you wiĺl recruit all the fibers

I deadlift 3 times a week lmao

62.5kg which is very hard for me i an do 5-6 reps max
5x5 3 times a week? Do you even know why its called "dead"lift , bro you should cut it to 3x5 once a week , this is looksmax , go on any bodybuilding /powerlifting forum and they will tell you the same thing .

• Woah
5x5 3 times a week? Do you even know why its called "dead"lift , bro you should cut it to 3x5 once a week , this is looksmax , go on any bodybuilding /powerlifting forum and they will tell you the same thing .
Lol I thought its good? I didn't have problems before.

So what do you think about 5x5 Monday only? Good enough?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7651
i think you need more reps to train the movements but you decide it

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998 and Over

Yeah i guess anything is better than 3 times a week . Or you could do monday squats wednesday deadlift and friday squats . You will still make progress i guarantee. Also as others suggested if you want to achieve muscle hypertrophy then you should go lower kgs and do more reps , but deadlift should strictly be low reps and high load .

• +1
Yeah i guess anything is better than 3 times a week . Or you could do monday squats wednesday deadlift and friday squats . You will still make progress i guarantee. Also as others suggested if you want to achieve muscle hypertrophy then you should go lower kgs and do more reps , but deadlift should strictly be low reps and high load .
What about doing OHP and Bench on same day?

This is my workout I usually spend 2 hours in gym and go 3times a week:

Squat
Deadlift
OHP
Bench press
Lat pulldown
Lateral raises
Biceps curls
Triceps dips
Abs wheel rollout + Russian twister

Am i training too hard?

broscience bullshit
harder you lift more muscle you put on
muh rep muh set muh overtraining all cope by fitness scammers

JFL if you think chad dorks out with a fucking calculator trying to determine the optimal amount of reps and sets.

Just fucking lift heavy OP.

• +1
Reactions: Over and balding17yomanletcel
JFL if you think chad dorks out with a fucking calculator trying to determine the optimal amount of reps and sets.

Just fucking lift heavy OP.
this. lmao at retards heavily micromanaging every little shit they do jfljfl

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, Over and EdouardManlet
Most important thing is that you improve on the actual pressure put on your muscles.

5x5 is fine as long as you increase the weight every week.
Personally, I go for 3 sets at whatever reps I can manage. Once I can do 10+ reps for all three sets, I increase the weight by an amount that gets me into failure range at 5 reps. This pattern gives me a nice balance between building strength and hypertrophy.

• +1
There is no magic rep number. Just find a solid program and stick to it. 5 reps and 8 reps aren't going to do much different in terms of hypertrophy assuming you are going close to failure on each of them. You will grow and get stronger if: You do enough sets (volume) at high enough intensity (approaching failure), eat enough, and sleep enough.

• +1
Pyramidal is what everybody should do on compound exercises. You warm up, go hard and then try hard the last reps you can get when you get weak.
I usually do 15/20 - 12 - 8 - 5 - 5 - (5) - 8 - 12.
Each one to failure or real close.
Then 8 to 25 on isolations, depending on muscle.
+ you’ll get shoulders putting plates on and off :lul:

Trust me, I learned from the best.

• +1
As long you struggle the last few reps it's enough. All about progressive overload. I mix it up tho, 1-4 reps on high weight and 8-12 moderate weight.
For me 140kg bench is for 1-2 reps and 100kg if for 8+.

• +1