is 5x5 strong lifts a good program to get big?

0kami123

0kami123

27 body count of 19
Has anyone here done 5x5 and have you gotten big from it? Srs

• JFL
Reactions: OOGABOOGA, Deleted member 11758 and Prettyboy
If you want to look like this 5x5 is ideal
2FC6BB45 87E2 429E 8F5A 8D0D8D2A8613

Nicolas Cage Laughing GIF

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Random, mulattomaxxer, Danish_Retard and 4 others
It's a beginner program.

There's no magic program that will make you look amazing. Follow a beginner program, and the rest is up to you (nutrition, sleep, etc.).

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Lars, Deleted member 11758 and 1 other person
Jason Blaha tier program

Jason Blaha tier program
Jason Blaha is actually pretty good in terms of lifting information. His grotesque physique is just genetics.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
i mastrubate very furiously for a workout

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13335
3x8 is better for begginers

do PPL for hypertrophy. 5x5 is useless for aesthetics.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: mulattomaxxer, Truecel14, Carnivore and 1 other person
Has anyone here done 5x5 and have you gotten big from it? Srs
If you actually want to build muscle 5x5 is not the best. You should go a little lower in weight and higher on the rep ranges to increase the overall volume. I also barely feel my muscle with 5x5. It’s more taxing on the nerv system than the muscle imo. While with lower weight higher rep you can focus on the contraction much more. In the end you have to feel with which system you feel the muscle most. I like to go for a higher rep range cuz that’s when I really exhaust my muscle. With low rep high weight I barely feel the muscle. I’m just overall exhausted.

• +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek
roids and high volume

If you actually want to build muscle 5x5 is not the best. You should go a little lower in weight and higher on the rep ranges to increase the overall volume. I also barely feel my muscle with 5x5. It’s more taxing on the nerv system than the muscle imo. While with lower weight higher rep you can focus on the contraction much more. In the end you have to feel with which system you feel the muscle most. I like to go for a higher rep range cuz that’s when I really exhaust my muscle. With low rep high weight I barely feel the muscle. I’m just exhausted.
I dont think that it makes a difference with building musle but its easier to learn the proper form with higher reps ans stay away from the injury imo.

• +1
Reactions: IamImportant
I dont think that it makes a difference with building musle but its easier to learn the proper form with higher reps ans stay away from the injury imo.
It actually does. But I don’t think to relevant point unless you wanna become a bodybuilder. If you want to look aesthetically pleasing to the most woman it probably doesn’t matter. For that you would need an overall big variety of exercises and not just weight lifting for the healthy look. A lot of full body exercises like box jumping. Or rope exercises or pushing that weight car over the floor

like this

you won’t achieve this with just weight lifting

Last edited:
If you actually want to build muscle 5x5 is not the best. You should go a little lower in weight and higher on the rep ranges to increase the overall volume. I also barely feel my muscle with 5x5. It’s more taxing on the nerv system than the muscle imo. While with lower weight higher rep you can focus on the contraction much more. In the end you have to feel with which system you feel the muscle most. I like to go for a higher rep range cuz that’s when I really exhaust my muscle. With low rep high weight I barely feel the muscle. I’m just overall exhausted.
High reps plateau faster. Low reps on compound lifts, higher reps on accessories (although you don't really need accessories as a brand new lifter).

It actually does. But I don’t think to relevant point unless you wanna become a bodybuilder. If you want to look aesthetically pleasing to the most woman it probably doesn’t matter. For that you would need an overall big variety of exercises and not just weight lifting for the healthy look. A lot of full body exercises like box jumping. Or rope exercises or pushing that weight car over the floor

like this

you won’t achieve this with just weight lifting

Thats bullshit tbh. To get any type of physique u need certain bf and musle mass amount. It doesnt matter what exercises are u doing. Doing bkx jumps wont make u any more shreded. Calories in and caloried out to lose bf, lift weights to gain musle mass.

• +1
Reactions: IamImportant
big in fat if you listen to those people that admire that program

Thats bullshit tbh. To get any type of physique u need certain bf and musle mass amount. It doesnt matter what exercises are u doing. Doing bkx jumps wont make u any more shreded. Calories in and caloried out to lose bf, lift weights to gain musle mass.
It matters. Low reps high weight isn’t optimal for muscle building but for strength building.
Why else do bodybuilders train with 8-12 reps whereas strongmen and powerlifters train with low reps 1-5

It's a great program. It focuses on progressive overload and compound movements, which is key for building strength and muscle. Obviously at some point throughout your fit journey you'll need more volume, but it's a great program for most people, as they are at not quite at that stage.

When you get more advanced, a program with more periodization and volume is the way to go.

Progressive overload is mainly how you build muscle as a natural. It's easier to progressively overload when your reps aren't high and your volume isn't too high. The contraction only matters on isolation exercises, not on compound movements, which should be the bread and butter of your exercise routine if you are a beginner. When you get more advanced, then adding in some isolation exercises at the end of your workout with higher reps is a good idea to reach an optimal amount of volume for someone more advanced.

I would say that as a novice, the most important thing you can do is teach yourself how to bench, squat, deadlift and other similar compound exercises, which SL 5x5 bases its training around. It's not very hard to teach yourself to do a triceps pushdown, but getting the form right on those multi-joint exercises is very tricky.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Chinlet Ascension
Fckin hilarious how you are probably some basement dweller incel calling out bs after listening to 50 hours of fitness influencers on YouTube.
A well rounded physique Is the ideal for a looksmaxxer. Most gym dudes look like shit and are 0 attractive. They just get dom bonus points for their muscle mass but aesthetically are 0 pleasing.

unproportioniate muscles everywhere. Aesthic= healthy. Not the body building bs

Fckin hilarious how you are probably some basement dweller incel calling out bs after listening to 50 hours of fitness influencers on YouTube.
A well rounded physique Is the ideal for a looksmaxxer. Most gym dudes look like shit and are 0 attractive. They just get dom bonus points for their muscle mass but aesthetically are 0 pleasing.

unproportioniate muscles everywhere. Aesthic= healthy. Not the body building bs
You didn't really prove him wrong, now did you? Calling him names won't win you any arguments.

• JFL
Reactions: one job away
You didn't really prove him wrong, now did you? Calling him names won't win you any arguments.
Jfl at you for thinking I care for winning an online argument against some rotting incel, Who probably doesn’t do shit to actually looksmax and all he „knows“ is just repeating things he read here or somewhere else. Like those people who give surgery advice and talk about movements when they never even visitied a surgeon.
I told op what he needs to do for a well rounded aestheticly pleasing physique. Enough said

It matters. Low reps high weight isn’t optimal for muscle building but for strength building.
Why else do bodybuilders train with 8-12 reps whereas strongmen and powerlifters train with low reps 1-5
Most bodybuilders take large amounts of steroids, which makes their muscles grow, but their joints don't, and it also reduces their collagen, which is responsible for strengthening joints and connective tissue. This makes them very susceptible to injuries, so training lighter with higher volume is a way to to not get injured. Ronnie Coleman had some huge legs and he trained at very low rep ranges a lot, and he ended up with a terrible back later on in his life.
Jfl at you for thinking I care for winning an online argument against some rotting incel, Who probably doesn’t do shit to actually looksmax and all he „knows“ is just repeating things he read here or somewhere else. Like those people who give surgery advice and talk about movements when they never even visitied a surgeon.
I told op what he needs to do for a well rounded aestheticly pleasing physique. Enough said
You're still doing the same thing and you obviously do care or you wouldn't have responded, especially not with name-calling.

Most bodybuilders take large amounts of steroids, which makes their muscles grow, but their joints don't, and it also reduces their collagen, which is responsible for strengthening joints and connective tissue. This makes them very susceptible to injuries, so training lighter with higher volume is a way to to not get injured. Ronnie Coleman had some huge legs and he trained at very low rep ranges a lot, and he ended up with a terrible back later on in his life.

You're still doing the same thing and you obviously do care or you wouldn't have responded, especially not with name-calling.
Nah. I’m just trying to help OP so he doesn’t listen to guys that have no clue about shit they post here. 99% of you guys never done anything yet give tips like they studied sports, went to medical school and are the biggest pick up artists who figured out life while never haven’t done anything and blush when a girl looks their way

This forum is mostly cope and mental masturbating

Nah. I’m just trying to help OP so he doesn’t listen to guys that have no clue about shit they post here. 99% of you guys never done anything yet give tips like they studied sports, went to medical school and are the biggest pick up artists who figured out life while never haven’t done anything and blush when a girl looks their way

This forum is mostly cope and mental masturbating
There are a lot of guys here with amazing physiques, so it clearly worked for them. Not saying that having a great physique makes you an expert, but it's a start.

There are a lot of guys here with amazing physiques, so it clearly worked for them. Not saying that having a great physique makes you an expert, but it's a start.
Show me those great physiques :lul:

Show me those great physiques :lul:
I'm not going to send photos people have sent me in confidence, but almost every time someone asks for a rate or for me to help them with their dating profile, they have really good physiques, and some people have posted their physique on the forums before.

A lot of the people who come here started their journey in the red pill parts of the internet, where they teach men to improve their physique and the "importance" of a good body, that's probably why.

• +1
Reactions: one job away
Progressive overload is mainly how you build muscle as a natural. It's easier to progressively overload when your reps aren't high and your volume isn't too high. The contraction only matters on isolation exercises, not on compound movements, which should be the bread and butter of your exercise routine if you are a beginner. When you get more advanced, then adding in some isolation exercises at the end of your workout with higher reps is a good idea to reach an optimal amount of volume for someone more advanced.

I would say that as a novice, the most important thing you can do is teach yourself how to bench, squat, deadlift and other similar compound exercises, which SL 5x5 bases its training around. It's not very hard to teach yourself to do a triceps pushdown, but getting the form right on those multi-joint exercises is very tricky.
This guy actually knows what he is talking about.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: one job away and Carnivore
I am talking about natural bodybuilder so your point is useless.
Also the advice you give is stupid af. Especially as a beginner you shouldn’t do 5x5 because in order to learn the movements you need a lighter weight with higher repetitions

I am talking about natural bodybuilder so your point is useless.
Also the advice you give is stupid af. Especially as a beginner you shouldn’t do 5x5 because in order to learn the movements you need a lighter weight with higher repetitions
"
Start light so your body can get used to Squatting, pressing and pulling three times a week. If you’ve done these exercises before, with proper form, start with 50% of your five rep max. You can enter your best lifts in the spreadsheets or the apps, and they’ll calculate your starting weights for you.

Read more https://stronglifts.com/5x5/"

It's literally covered in the program. If you're gonna do 5x5, you need to read the program, which probably a lot of people don't do. I should have probably added that if you are new to the gym, you need to have someone (a personal trainer or a friend) show you have to perform each exercise or you'll injure yourself.

Last edited: