Is a calorie surplus mandatory for muscle gain?

Zeta

Zeta

Traded my sanity for ascension
I thought it was but recent discoveries made me think otherwise. Do you have to eat in a calorie surplus in order to gain muscle, or is just a sufficient amount of protein enough to build new muscle mass?

• +1
Reactions: Outerz14
Not mandatory at all

Just roid

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Viacheslav, Outerz14 and Zeta
Ye

• +1
Reactions: Outerz14 and Zeta
Yes if you are not a noob or roinding

• +1
So what if i follow @Prettyboy s diet, then I would not gain muscle would I?
You could given how hard you train
That diet is mainly protein and fats , both are crucial for muscle building while keeping your body at a ketosis state burning fat as well

• +1
I thought it was but recent discoveries made me think otherwise. Do you have to eat in a calorie surplus in order to gain muscle, or is just a sufficient amount of protein enough to build new muscle mass?
Nigga chad

You could given how hard you train
That diet is mainly protein and fats , both are crucial for muscle building while keeping your body at a ketosis state burning fat as well
But @Prettyboy s diet would contain less calories then my maintenance therefore putting me in a deficit. Should I just add some carbs to aid me in gaining muscle?

• +1
Reactions: edodalic29
But @Prettyboy s diet would contain less calories then my maintenance therefore putting me in a deficit. Should I just add some carbs to aid me in gaining muscle?
Yes , add carbs like milk & honey , if you are still need extra calories then use a little more butter when cooking your eggs / beef or whatever your preferred choice of protein is

• +1
Reactions: Zeta
Not really. I stopped tracking calories, just eat intuitively until I am full and I keep gaining muscle while losing fat(I've been gymcelling for 1.5 years, so long past newbie gains)

• +1
Yes , add carbs like milk & honey , if you are still need extra calories then use a little more butter when cooking your eggs / beef or whatever your preferred choice of protein is
What do you think about adding rice? I’m scared that diary will increase acne break outs

• +1
Just get steroids and consume enough protein (200-300 grams a day).

Not really. I stopped tracking calories, just eat intuitively until I am full and I keep gaining muscle while losing fat(I've been gymcelling for 1.5 years, so long past newbie gains)
Although it may not be the same for you. I just naturally stay at around 10% bf, so I guess I just return to my setpoint

• +1
Screenshot 2024 08 05 at 13247AM

live reaction to this thread

What do you think about adding rice? I’m scared that diary will increase acne break outs
I drink 2.3l of organic pasteurised whole milk per day and have noticed 0 difference in break outs. In fact rice gives me more break outs than milk does. I think it's more of a individual thing

• +1
White rice is very good yes
Another one is sour dough bread , these are the least processed sources of carbs along with potatoes

• +1
White rice is very good yes
Another one is sour dough bread , these are the least processed sources of carbs along with potatoes
What do you think about the people saying you should avoid eating carbs?

• +1
No lmao

Look into body recomposition

What do you think about the people saying you should avoid eating carbs?
Not very smart
The goal is to avoid processed, unnatural starches / carbs like white bread, pasta , basically the foods that will bloat you and cause gut complications

• +1