Is a crown needed after a root canal

Eezz

Eezz

Death standu hamuno
Doc found a deep cavity and I got a root canal but apparently I wont need a crown, although I ve read that a crown is needed so the tooth wont break. Any root-canalcels there

think he can fill in the hole with a composite filling?

• +1
Reactions: Eezz
think he can fill in the hole with a composite filling?
Yeah thats what he said he was gonna do, but am afraid it might end up cracking and having to get it extracted

Depends on the tooth - some incisor teeth may not need them immediately but will eventually. Molars and the like need them immediately. I can assess the situation if you send me X-rays and photographs.

Doc found a deep cavity and I got a root canal but apparently I wont need a crown, although I ve read that a crown is needed so the tooth wont break. Any root-canalcels there
Sometimes you need a crown and sometimes you don't. I've got one molar without a crown in 2017 that's still holding up pretty well.

• +1
Sometimes you need a crown and sometimes you don't. I've got one molar without a crown in 2017 that's still holding up pretty well.
Until the day you are betabuxing for Stacey's moderately high priced dinner and break it on a caramelised carrot

• +1
Until the day you are betabuxing for Stacey's moderately high priced dinner and break it on a caramelised carrot
I'm married so I don't think that's gonna happen.

For real brah, you think I should get a crown even if there is enough of the teeth that it isnt required ?

Depends on the tooth - some incisor teeth may not need them immediately but will eventually. Molars and the like need them immediately. I can assess the situation if you send me X-rays and photographs.
Its a molar, I sadly dont have any X-rays the doc just took them with a little machine linked to that big chair you sit on and they appeared on the PC

get them extracted so u have hollower cheeks