Is a full skull CT necessary for implant design?

imnotincelcore

imnotincelcore

Europoorean
I am going to get a CT for my BIMAX and implants soon. I was always told that I should do a full skull CT here. However, my doctor only gave me a referral for a CT that does not cover my entire skull, but instead only a part of my skull. However, since this part covers pretty much all of my face, I was wondering if there are any restrictions of not having a full skull CT. Apart from skull implants, will this limit me in any other way?

I have adjusted the part of the skull that will be covered by the CT with a pencil. I am pretty sure that I can convince the radiology center to do this. However, I am not sure if I will be able to convince them to make a CT of my entire skull. I could certainly try.

Attachments

• PXL_20240921_222830759.jpg
    PXL_20240921_222830759.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
Since you design implants, I was wondering if such a CT would be sufficient for implant design at your company and what implants would be impossible? @RealSurgerymax

3D CBCT or LDAR
Thank you for answering. What exactly do you mean by LDAR? I am looking forward to getting a 3D CT, is not not superior to a CBCT? At least that is what I always heard.

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
Since you design implants, I was wondering if such a CT would be sufficient for implant design at your company and what implants would be impossible? @RealSurgerymax
That field of view is fine if you aren’t getting any forehead or skull implants

Helical CT/Medical CT is preferred to CBCT as CBCT is lower quality.

• +1
Reactions: imnotincelcore