Is a mirror pic more legit for checking face ratios than a selfie camera?

poopoohead

poopoohead

Banned
My ratios are pretty good with a mirror picture but very mid on the selfie. Which one should I take more seriously?

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member and Deleted member 7580
Mirror picture is the closest thing to our reality, selfies have lens distortion (they deform your face). You already know the answer.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member, Squirtoutmabooty, STEVE GAMING and 5 others
Taking a mirror pic is better because the light has a longer distance to travel, so it deforms less. This is the reason your pics are the most distorted if you take a pic right up close.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
It can help reduce distortion from being too close.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and mvp2v1
Taking a mirror pic is better because the light has a longer distance to travel, so it deforms less. This is the reason your pics are the most distorted if you take a pic right up close.
So what's the best way/method to take a picture of ourselves to get an image of exactly what we look like IRL (or as close as possible)?

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: poopoohead and Deleted member 17791
So what's the best way/method to take a picture of ourselves to get an image of exactly what we look like IRL (or as close as possible)?
Stand about 3 meters away from a mirror, take a picture. That is what you look like.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and ascension!
Stand about 3 meters away from a mirror, take a picture. That is what you look like.
You say to keep a distance of 3 meters to the mirror and take a picture of the mirror with the rear camera? Could you explain this graphically or in a better way? :unsure::unsure: I mean, it's not that I don't understand, I've just never known how to take a picture of myself in the mirror without my face looking complete (at least, without tilting). :feelswhy:

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 17791
You say to keep a distance of 3 meters to the mirror and take a picture of the mirror with the rear camera? Could you explain this graphically or in a better way? :unsure::unsure: I mean, it's not that I don't understand, I've just never known how to take a picture of myself in the mirror without my face looking complete (at least, without tilting). :feelswhy:
It doesn't matter which camera you use but it's easier to use the rear one.

You can move the camara away from your head, like move it down to your chest and tilt it up a bit so your face is in shot.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18879 and ascension!

You can move the camara away from your head, like move it down to your chest and tilt it up a bit so your face is in shot.
Couldn't you put the phone next to your head and take a picture at eye level in the mirror? (Depending on the type of mirror). This seems to work best for me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17791

change your pfp back to a hot cat girl what are you doing nigga

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Trilogy and Deleted member 17791
Couldn't you put the phone next to your head and take a picture at eye level in the mirror? (Depending on the type of mirror). This seems to work best for me
My mirror is 50x40cm, the problem is my camera. :feelswhy:

• +1
  • Woah
  • So Sad
Reactions: owlofathena, Deleted member 21297 and Deleted member 18879
Yes, that would be fine.

taking picture from long distance,
you can judge your attractiveness without biases by looking at picture....dont try to cope its not accurate enough
mirror is kinda biased since you see it everyday even though its more accurate

• +1
Reactions: owlofathena and poopoohead
sometimes you have to take into account that mirrors can be distorted too.
for example, some gym mirrors make you look wider and if you have a horseface it also makes it look better.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 24789, Deleted member and poopoohead
sometimes you have to take into account that mirrors can be distorted too.
for example, some gym mirrors make you look wider and if you have a horseface it also makes it look better.
pass the rope

My ratios are pretty good with a mirror picture but very mid on the selfie. Which one should I take more seriously?
Measure your ratios IRL with calipers.

Mirror picture is the closest thing to our reality, selfies have lens distortion (they deform your face). You already know the answer.
Mirror reflection is very different to taking a picture of your mirror reflection. Taking a picture brings in distortion due to the angle of the phone and how high up you hold it relative to your face

Mirror reflection is very different to taking a picture of your mirror reflection. Taking a picture brings in distortion due to the angle of the phone and how high up you hold it relative to your face
And what is the best way/method to take a photo without distortion and as close as possible to how we look IRL?

And what is the best way/method to take a photo without distortion and as close as possible to how we look IRL?
Probably setting phone up straight resting on something, flat against a wall. Then using the timer feature to take photo after a few seconds and moving back a couple of metres. Keep centre of face in line with height of lens of phone. Phone should be flat against wall cos otherwise the tilt forwards or backgrounds distorts the image

Probably setting phone up straight resting on something, flat against a wall. Then using the timer feature to take photo after a few seconds and moving back a couple of metres. Keep centre of face in line with height of lens of phone. Phone should be flat against wall cos otherwise the tilt forwards or backgrounds distorts the image
How can I keep the center of my face aligned with the height of the phone lens?

How can I keep the center of my face aligned with the height of the phone lens?
Just using judgement. Maybe start with your face touching the phone and then back away trying not to crouch or stand up more